247Sports Top Players in MDC/Broward/PBC

Larry

All-American
Just a look at 247, who updates their rankings more than the other sites, have their rankings for Miami-Dade, Broward, and Palm Beach kids.

5. Duke Johnson
7. Tracy Howard
10. Amos Leggett
11. Ereck Flowers
13. Jelani Hamilton
16. Patrick Miller
24. Deon Bush
27. Avery Young
29. Keith Brown
30. Angelo Jean-Louis
32. Avery Johnson
35. Herb Waters
36. Malcolm Lewis
39. Amari Cooper
43. Danny Isidora
44. Ricardo Louis
51. Justin Ferguson
55. Donaldven Manning
60. Faton Bauta
62. Jaime Wilson
65. De'Andre Jasper
69. Teko Powell
71. Roshard Burney
72. Bilal Marshall
74. Brandon Snell
79. Bryan Cox Jr.
86. Dami Ayoola
88. Erick Hallmon
90. James Burgess Jr.
91. Willie Bailey
92. Joey Jones
98. Dominique Gibson
99. MacGarrett Kings
102. Davonte Mathis
103. Torry Clayton

Notable in-state 'Canes or recruits, former recruits -

15. Tyriq McCord
17. Sean Price
18. PJ Williams
31. Leonard Williams
34. Omari Phillips
37. Gary Simon
47. Reggie Northrup
52. Lucas Thompson
53. Dwayne Hoilett
58. Earl Moore
67. Ricquan Southward
78. D'Mauri Jones
83. Trent Taylor
87. Gray Crow
106. Rayshawn Jenkins
137. Nate Dortch
138. Vernon Davis
178. Danny Dillard
179. Larry Hope
220. Gabriel Terry
254. David Thompson

Last edited:
Advertisement
There are not 4 players better than Duke Johnson, that list just lost a lot of credibility with me.

Based on this list UM has commits from 8 of the top twenty from the "State of Miami", also Leggett and Brown were once committed.

LSU is the only other team with multiple (2) commits from the top 20

I would say this is an excellent job by Golden in his first year as HC and first full cycle.

Advertisement
The way I typically look at a Florida Top Whatever list...

Top 1-10ish are 5-star kids. This fluctuates year to year. I figure most years, its like top 8ish.
10-50ish are 4-star kids. Again, it fluctuates depending on the year.
50-175ish are 3-star kids. Again, it might fluctuate.
Anything after that would be 2-star kids.

5-star would be your All-American, really high NFL Draft Prospect types.
4-star would be your First All-Conference/Semi-finalist for an award/potential high round draft pick.
3-star would be your Later All-Conference players, really good players, possible shot at the pros type, solid contributor types.
2-star would be your general backup.

Knowing that, half the list probably flames out or underachieves to a certain point.

Advertisement
With what I just said...

We got 8 out of 15 Top SoFla prospects, all of which are 4-star or above.

I would like to see that number closer to 12, if we get this train moving in the right direction again. Considering we had Amos Leggett and Keith Brown and we aren't far off from keeping a kid like Amari Cooper...maybe we aren't too far off on the SoFla recruiting scene.

pcity, I ain't sayin you're lying...I've only seen Eddie Williams play via highlight tape.

But, for a ranking like this, for a site, he's got the SPARQ numbers and the offer and commitment for the national champs...of course that boy is gonna be rated high and I don't even have to see him play a down of football to know that.

Advertisement
pcity, I ain't sayin you're lying...I've only seen Eddie Williams play via highlight tape.

But, for a ranking like this, for a site, he's got the SPARQ numbers and the offer and commitment for the national champs...of course that boy is gonna be rated high and I don't even have to see him play a down of football to know that.

Ever hear of a coach from Alabama named Bobby Williams? He is their ST and TE coach. He is a major reason Eddie was looked at by Bama in the first place. What got everyones attention on Eddie was that Alabama issued him a "commitable offer" in his Sophomore year. Trust me, the scouts that were at Arnold High during that time they were there to see Jeremy Hester who is now at Southern Miss. Eddie is a product of the things you said, combined with the hype, the size, combined with the fact that Bobby Williams and Eddie Williams are cut from the same cloth so to speak, gets this kid one of the highest ratings in the state, and that is silly in my opinion. Im not even sure if Eddie was the best player on his team last year, Andre Allen, a transfer from a Miami high school who is committed to Troy, is the goods, only he is undersized.

I could go on all day about the competition around here, Arnolds ****** record when they have the most D1 prospects on one team in their division, etc... and Im not saying Eddie is a bad player, but he is the most overrated player to ever come out of Panama City... granted there hasnt been to many.. Will Witherspoon, Trey Gainer, Blake and Matt Hardin (both FSU flunkies), Jeremy Hester, Enrique Davis, Carlton Johnson... all these guys were better then Eddie at this point and its not even close.

Interesting Waters and Lewis are both ahead of Cooper. My Bama friend can't stop telling me how much of a beast he is going to be.

Advertisement

Ever hear of a coach from Alabama named Bobby Williams? He is their ST and TE coach. He is a major reason Eddie was looked at by Bama in the first place. What got everyones attention on Eddie was that Alabama issued him a "commitable offer" in his Sophomore year. Trust me, the scouts that were at Arnold High during that time they were there to see Jeremy Hester who is now at Southern Miss. Eddie is a product of the things you said, combined with the hype, the size, combined with the fact that Bobby Williams and Eddie Williams are cut from the same cloth so to speak, gets this kid one of the highest ratings in the state, and that is silly in my opinion. Im not even sure if Eddie was the best player on his team last year, Andre Allen, a transfer from a Miami high school who is committed to Troy, is the goods, only he is undersized.

I could go on all day about the competition around here, Arnolds ****** record when they have the most D1 prospects on one team in their division, etc... and Im not saying Eddie is a bad player, but he is the most overrated player to ever come out of Panama City... granted there hasnt been to many.. Will Witherspoon, Trey Gainer, Blake and Matt Hardin (both FSU flunkies), Jeremy Hester, Enrique Davis, Carlton Johnson... all these guys were better then Eddie at this point and its not even close.

to further reenforce my opinion here are some stats

Arnold High School 5-5 3-1 league play ranked #237 in the state

Eddie played QB and safety when he wasnt injured, which was pretty much all the time.

Losses to: Pace by 28, Mosley 21-6, Gulf Breeze by 30, Satellite 23-6, and Ft Walton Beach by 17. All wins over ****** opponents.

Andre Allen RB 5'9 180 Arnold

212 carries for 2022 yards 9.4 avg with a 94 yard long and 24 TD's along with 10 receptions for 120 yards and and TD.

2 kickoff return TD's

Eddie Williams QB/S 6'4 210 Arnold

through 5 games, Eddie was 16 of 51 for 262 yards 3 td's and 3 picks. Andre accounted for almost half of those receiving yards.

In a 40-6 win over Ammitee county, Eddie had no pass attempts.

He rushed for 449 yards on 54 carries at an 8ypc avg. He had 3 TD's.

On defense through 6 games he had 20 tackles, 0 ints, 0 FF, 0 FR, and 1 pass breakup.

Comparing those 2, I know its different positions but jeez, Eddie is not that special.

Just a look at 247, who updates their rankings more than the other sites, have their rankings for Miami-Dade, Broward, and Palm Beach kids.

5. Duke Johnson
7. Tracy Howard
10. Amos Leggett
11. Ereck Flowers
13. Jelani Hamilton
16. Patrick Miller
24. Deon Bush
27. Avery Young
29. Keith Brown
30. Angelo Jean-Louis
32. Avery Johnson
35. Herb Waters