247 update on SBB

Advertisement
317.jpg

Advertisement
Here's to hoping Bama struggles a little this year and loses a few to reduce the "dynasty" stigma and lessen the draw for some recruits :crownpour:

SBB:
“What position I play in college, that impacts it a lot,” Burgess-Becker said. “Some schools want me on offense and then some look at me as a defensive player. I feel like I could do both but I want to play safety because I can get a little more playing time. There aren’t going to be as many safeties out there so I just decided I’ll be there.”

He's gonna start at Bama or at least get plenty of playing time early, he's gonna have a lot of competition at Miami. Jaquan, Tim, Kiy Hester, gayot, Jenkins, Crawford.

SBB:
“What position I play in college, that impacts it a lot,” Burgess-Becker said. “Some schools want me on offense and then some look at me as a defensive player. I feel like I could do both but I want to play safety because I can get a little more playing time. There aren’t going to be as many safeties out there so I just decided I’ll be there.”

He's gonna start at Bama or at least get plenty of playing time early, he's gonna have a lot of competition at Miami. Jaquan, Tim, Kiy Hester, gayot, Jenkins, Crawford.

And Bama doesnt have any stud safeties on their team???

SBB:

You also name 2 safeties in Jaquan and Tim who haven't committed and from all recent accounts likely won't be playing for Miami. **** they may even be as likely to end up at Bama than Miami at this point.

Advertisement
SBB:

There's even more competition at Bama and the Jaquan/Irvin duo may not even end up at Miami.

- High four-star 2015 commit Deionte Thompson, who's rated higher than any of those three.
- High four-star freshmen Ronnie Clark and Laurence Jones.
- 247 four-star freshman DB Jonathan Cook, who's listed as a safety in Bama's Ourlads depth chart but may also play corner.

Let's not act like SBB's a shoe-in for early PT or possibly a starting job at a program with a depth chart as stacked as Alabama's.

Bama has had the #1 class something like 5 of the last 6 years. There is no position on that team that does not have ungodly competition. Every class has multiple 5* studs with about 85-90% of the class 4* or above. SBB is talented but so is every other DB on the roster.

Jenkins and Crawford will be gone after 15 season. Gayot will probably to LB. So that's 4 studs including SBB. Bama will have no less than 4...

SBB:

Advertisement
Jenkins and Crawford will be gone after 15 season. Gayot will probably to LB. So that's 4 studs including SBB. Bama will have no less than 4...

SBB:

I'm lost here. You think Jenkins and Dallas leave early or transfer? Cause I don't think either is happening.

SBB:

I'm lost here. You think Jenkins and Dallas leave early or transfer? Cause I don't think either is happening.

Both Jrs this year...15 will be sr season. Hence gone after 15...

SBB:

Both Jrs this year...15 will be sr season. Hence gone after 15...

Oh I gotcha. **** who knows. Could see Deon leaving early this year with a good season. Could see Carter leaving in 15 early as well.

I really think regardless, their is competition everywhere. We need to put full court press on SBB, Jaquan and Irvin till signing day. They are talented enough to play early here if needed. Besides, most DBS don't really excel till their 2nd year. By the time their ready, their could be 1-2 jobs open and they will easily be in top 4 rotation. Hence, we rotate at safety between 4.

And I do think theirs a good chance Gayot ends up at LB.

Let's say it plays out by 2016 season when SBB, Jaquan and Irvin are in their 2nd years if they are here. Deon,Dallas and Jenkins will be gone already and possibly Carter if he leaves early.

And add in any safeties in 2016 like Wright, Cook and Webster? And Hester would be in his 3rd year and experienced. And Gayot probably a LBer by then outgrowing the position. So we could be looking at 4 man rotation of Hester, SBB, Jaquan and Irvin in 2016 when those 3 would be more game ready and experienced.

Advertisement
I forgot to add Jamal Carter to that list.... But I think Deon might declare so I didn't include him.

But Bama has Hootie Jones, Johnathan cook (who SBB is better than), & the Thompson kid. Ronnie Clark is gonna play LB at the next level. That's only 3 safeties 😳 he will DEFINITELY break the 2-Deep there and he knows it. That's the main reason why he committed there.

SMH

SBB:

Don't count dudes not on the roster

Advertisement
Back