247 Update on Admin Changes

Advertisement
Why do people continue to work past retirement age? Why do they take jobs other than where they currently live? Money, challenge, etc.

I'm just saying that everyone points to his age as a disqualifier, but maybe he doesn't want to dive all in. If he wasn't interested, why does his name pop up? He could end all the speculation in one statement.

It all points to a definite maybe, not a conclusive yes or no.
I’m kinda retired. I put my time in the corporate world but want to remain active and contribute my expertise/s to help others and not go brain dead. Besides, I’d drive my wife crazy wandering around the house.

It’s certainly not unprecedented for an older person to want to remain active and make a difference somewhere somehow. And it’s not always about ego or money.

The possibly keeping coach Diaz would suggest they would rather take a swing at Coach Cristobal and that's it. Depending on your tribe, that's either a good or bad thing. They dont want to waste resources on a guy that's not their guy and the candidate pool this year is pretty muddy right now. Keeping Diaz would be a cheaper 1 year option.
I think Diaz is done... A New AD is going to always come in and pick his guy if given the chance, and it seems like we're going to let the new AD decide Diaz fate, so it's pretty much a 90% chance Diaz is gone... Unless the new AD wants to bet on Diaz as his first big move, that got the last AD fired.

Ruiz is about to be a billionaire 23 times over. There is no money issue at play here. The question is whether Mario will leave a great gig at Oregon to come back and rebuild Miami.
How’s he getting a bump in wealth

Lake has a good source on all this stuff. He’s been accurate.

Notable name there is John Ruiz. I’d been hinting at that when I said there is a big money name people aren’t talking about.

Now that it’s out, Ruiz is about to be hugely wealthy and has a deep interest in sports and potential ownership. His son played baseball at Miami.

Lake is good at “reading between the tea leaves” and great on the pod.

You guys should team up for a colabo pod. Would be one for the ages.

Also, Gabby Ragutia needs to be spelled and to sort of learn and sort of watch how to sort of get through a sort of sentence.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I think Diaz is done... A New AD is going to always come in and pick his guy if given the chance, and it seems like we're going to let the new AD decide Diaz fate, so it's pretty much a 90% chance Diaz is gone... Unless the new AD wants to bet on Diaz as his first big move, that got the last AD fired.
He is 100% Gone. They are probably just trying to have a hedge or two. I would if Im being honest.

He is 100% Gone. They are probably just trying to have a hedge or two. I would if Im being honest.
Can someone finally explain to me what the purpose of hedging a coaching rumor or news? It's not like they're betting an actual football game...

Radakovich has always been an interesting name even if the feasibility of getting him is a big question. Definitely a dude that understands both the football and the money side of the job.

One justifiable concern is that the first thing he did at GT was hire Paul Johnson. Not something that sends a tingle up my thigh but some context is needed there too. Tech was on probation then and projected to be junk for a while. Johnson came in and immediately won the Coarstal twice and went to the Orange Bowl in his second year.
I thin the Johnson hire was a good outside the box decision. Their academic standards make that a tough place to recruit, so they won’t be able to out athlete anyone. They needed to go the unconventional route.

Advertisement
"The U-Health healthcare system in South Florida makes a ton of money for the university".... You know how many times I've said money was and will NEVER be an issue for the program because of this! We have probably the top health program in the NATION. Money will always be there to spread around.
Especially when building championship level programs will bring even more back in return.

Advertisement
Diaz fixed the QB room and brought us to a modern offense. I'll give you that one for sure. But this season and his current recruiting class is not leaving the program in a good spot at all. Culture is also hard to measure - I'll have a hard time being convinced that he's changed the culture at all. He's playing young guys that won't quit fighting.. that's about it. Still a bunch of loser mentalities on this roster.

Golden left the DT position in as good or better shape than Diaz is going to leave it. The LB position is still a disaster. CB is still a disaster. OL is about equal to where Golden left it. DE is far worse than Golden left it. TE is worse than Golden left it. RB/WR/QB are the only rooms that have improved and can be attributed to Manny Diaz. Golden even left Rayshawn Jenkins, Carter, Jaquan Johnson at Safety. Njoku & Herndon at TE.
Hard to judge how good some of the guys on the roster will be when it's all said and done, but I doubt we have a 4th round and 1st TE in that room currently that's for sure.

I’ve heard the name thrown around a lot with the program lately. To me, he reminds me a little of Nevin Shapiro, and that Spac deal looks a bit shady. Not sure how in bed we want to get. That all said, if he wants to throw big money at the program I hope it works out.
"I don't like money and don't think it's good for our program."

Advertisement
No need for U-Health when you have Ruiz's billions and his UM tax deductions. All will be fully deducted from his income tax and estate taxes. This will be a killing for UM.
That's true as well. I'm just shocked ppl actually believed there was a money issue man lol

Avoid Hernandez - too familiar with the current administration - we need to separate ourselves from what has held us back
Avoid Purinton - he's another Nole
Jurich should be hired over anyone else that can be mentioned
Chun seems to come up for everyone's AD opening but is a good candidate
Plus-Hired Kiffen
Minus-Hired Taggart

Advertisement
Back