7. Jaelan Phillips, JR
6. Bubba Bolden, JR
5. Cam Harris, JR
4. Quincy Roche, SR
3. D'Eriq King, SR
2. Brevin Jordan, JR
1. Greg Rousseau, SO

Advertisement
I’ve seen Roche ranked ahead of #15 on two different lists. If that is somehow true we not only have the best d-line in country. We will have a historically good dline.
Been said we got the BEST DLINE IN THE NATION. And we had people wanting to block that blessing soo bad first thing they wanna say is something negative about the DTs.. Lol..

Lets recruit they replacement, we havent had nationally acclaimed players in forever.. Take it when you can get it!

I know Mccloud will be at the very least dependable with a high ceiling..but If we hit on one of these south Florida hybrid LBs In Huff or Brooks and they perform on a all conf level..**** gunna look scary

I know Mccloud will be at the very least dependable with a high ceiling..but If we hit on one of these south Florida hybrid LBs In Huff or Brooks and they perform on a all conf level..**** gunna look scary
Not once has manny had a fast linebacker in his system at Miami. Not once. Let’s see what he does with these guys.

Back to the OP. Seems like pitt will have a stout defense as usual. Was thatDL guy mentioned injured for our game last year? Can’t remember. And they have a good back end. But I feel they come down and struggle against the tempo in the heat. Excited to see tempo in our heat and humidity.

Does fspoo have anyone on that line except Marvin Wilson? Actual question I don’t keep up with their guys.

And the Howell hype train will be interesting. They have Ucf early and auburn. He’s lucky Derrick brown graduated because brown vs a unc line is a major mismatch. Auburn still should be favored by a bit.

I can't wait to see the #2 player in the ACC get sandwiched between the #4 and #5 players in the ACC.

Advertisement
Top 10 Canes

10. Mike Harley, SR
9. Jarrid Williams, SR
8. Zach McCloud, SR
7. Jaelan Phillips, JR
6. Bubba Bolden, JR
5. Cam Harris, JR
4. Quincy Roche, SR
3. D'Eriq King, SR
2. Brevin Jordan, JR
1. Greg Rousseau, SO
I don’t want to debate your list, it’s fine even if mine might look a little different.

Very interesting that 5 of the 10 players you listed are transfers. It makes you think that HS kids may have more feelings and emotions factored into their recruitment whereas once a kid has left home for college and seen what college football life is like Miami becomes even more appealing.

He lost is LT who was their best OL. Our DL is going to kick his butt.
We love to make statements like this then bang our heads against the wall when the opposing coach schemes around it lol. VT had most of their top players transfer and we still lost. Just let the coaches and players do their jobs.

Advertisement
Man. I want to get excited. I really do. We absolutely have the talent right now to make a push for the playoffs and this list tells you why.

But the pessimist (and realist) in me just can't get over how bad we've been lately. It's all tee'd up for a great season but I just think that:
  • OL issues results in King scrambling for his life, being able to make some things happen but just too inconsistent especially in big games.
  • Overall, offense improves but that's not saying much considering how bad we were last year. We feast some games but OL issues overwhelm in other games.
  • Opposing offenses game plan for an elite pass rush and Baker can't counter; Rousseau gets neutralized in some games.
  • Defense has good season but nowhere near delivers on the hype. We feast some games but get out schemed in others.
In summary, offense gets better and defense is great but also inconsistent. We end up somewhere in the 8-5 or 7-6 record for the year. UNC beats us out in the coastal.

Sorry :cry:

Manny = 6-7

Bruh, we get it.
1593530437140.gif

We love to make statements like this then bang our heads against the wall when the opposing coach schemes around it lol. VT had most of their top players transfer and we still lost. Just let the coaches and players do their jobs.

Well their new LT is going to be going against a potential 1st round pick and a backup that could one day be a 1st round pick and that's not exaggerating. So yes I feel confident that our DL is going to get to eat against NC.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Not once has manny had a fast linebacker in his system at Miami. Not once. Let’s see what he does with these guys.

Back to the OP. Seems like pitt will have a stout defense as usual. Was thatDL guy mentioned injured for our game last year? Can’t remember. And they have a good back end. But I feel they come down and struggle against the tempo in the heat. Excited to see tempo in our heat and humidity.

Does fspoo have anyone on that line except Marvin Wilson? Actual question I don’t keep up with their guys.

And the Howell hype train will be interesting. They have Ucf early and auburn. He’s lucky Derrick brown graduated because brown vs a unc line is a major mismatch. Auburn still should be favored by a bit.
I’ll say this about “speed” at LB: it doesn’t mean **** if you aren’t smart, don’t diagnose and aren’t physical. That’s what we are going to miss in shaq. Shaq played faster then whatever his 40 time was and was not slow for a MLB. Now huff/brooks have natural tools in length and range that shaq didn’t to theoretically make more plays in space.

But if those guys don’t play fast mentally, those tools won’t show up as much as they should. And If they don have that dog in them like shaq we will be missing a physical presence and tone setter inside. Imo it’s gotta be Zach to take on that role then have the pups come along. If that happens and Brooks/Huff play at a All conference level, this D will be elite

as for Howell, that kid has the goods. Last year was not a fluke. He’s gunna keep them in a lot of games. FSU has some guys with talent Up front, but nothing that has me worried

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back