247 Sports top 10 2020 transfers. (We got 3)

I looked at him as a prospect for the Phins next year. Lot of tools. Interested to see how they transfer over to new environment.
He's getting drafted no doubt, in fact he didn't even need to leave ND St to get drafted, he's terrific in drop back Zone coverage & is a very good tackler, his sideline to sideline ability is high level for a kid that's supposed to be a FCS player.

But I definitely see him as a 2-4th rounder before he's even played a down at LSU.

Advertisement
I think we got a kicker that could easily be on that list. I think we all know how important a good kicker is.

Advertisement
Advertisement
He's not. He's a system QB that fit Ruggiero's offense at Wake perfectly.

He's not gonna be as good at UGA in Todd Monken's system with less easy defined reads & less QB runs.
He also had one of the worst on target percentages in CFB but don’t worry that UGA uniform is going to make him the next Joel Burruh.

He also had one of the worst on target percentages in CFB but don’t worry that UGA uniform is going to make him the next Joel Burruh.
Facts.

His PFF grade dropped over 30 points when he wasn't playing with Sage Surratt.

His completion %, yards per attempt & target rate all dropped drastically when Surratt wasn't on the field, he basically just force fed him the ball & if he wasn't open he struggled.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Facts.

His PFF grade dropped over 30 points when he wasn't playing with Sage Surratt.

His completion %, Paris per attempt & target rate all dropped drastically when Surratt wasn't on the field, he basically just force fed him the ball & if he wasn't open he struggled.
Surratt is a beast, had he played a full season he would be getting way more attention this offseason. He absolutely torched some ACC teams and will be a good pro.

Advertisement
I mean if transfer portal rankings get you wound up do you chief...…. I have seen King and Roche play CFB, I don't need their "rankings" to tell me what we are getting
What would you rather us discuss? Should we shut the board down in the off season?

What would you rather us discuss? Should we shut the board down in the off season?
Not at all, I was just referring to all the "how is King behind so and so" sky is falling porsts my man, but go on

I think the transfer grades are pure crap, so they don't really bother me but if some guys want to get slighted by it cool by me I guess

Last edited:
247 rates Khalil Herbert as a better prospect than D’Eriq King. A kid who didn’t start at KU, played in four games last year, with one big game against BC, finishing with 187 yards and 85 on one carry. A good player, but a backup RB is not a better prospect than a QB who accounted for 50 TD’s in one season.

Moat of those lists are to simply save face, or are victims of recency bias.

Just play games first, win them second. This other stuff won’t matter at that point.

Walker would get a boost be he has 4 years to play.
This is somewhat of what’s going on according to a gaytor board writer.

Walker just came out of HS and didn’t even participate really so they effectively left his ranking alone. Lingard, for instance, has been out of HS for a couple of years and was injured and didn’t play much so they dropped him from a 5 star to a 3 star. They probably boosted King and Roche up from 3 to 4/5 stars similarly based on performance.

I have no clue what they were thinking with Khalil Herbert as Lance mentioned.

Advertisement
Back