247 Slaton article

Advertisement
Miami was expected to be at Fort Lauderdale American Heritage this morning to see Michigan offensive tackle commit Kai-Leon Herbert, but bit of an interesting note here when it comes to Top247 offensive guard Tedarrell Slaton. I'm told o-line coach Stacy Searels was joined on campus by d-line coach Craig Kuligowski.

Slaton told the Sun Sentinel on Wednesday that he wants to play defensive tackle in college and is only going to consider programs that offer him that opportunity. Florida remains the favorite to land the US Army All-American with Georgia also in the picture, but it seems the Miami isn't ready to give up just yet on Slaton and is going to at least talk to him about playing defense in Coral Gables.

Miami was expected to be at Fort Lauderdale American Heritage this morning to see Michigan offensive tackle commit Kai-Leon Herbert, but bit of an interesting note here when it comes to Top247 offensive guard Tedarrell Slaton. I'm told o-line coach Stacy Searels was joined on campus by d-line coach Craig Kuligowski.

Slaton told the Sun Sentinel on Wednesday that he wants to play defensive tackle in college and is only going to consider programs that offer him that opportunity. Florida remains the favorite to land the US Army All-American with Georgia also in the picture, but it seems the Miami isn't ready to give up just yet on Slaton and is going to at least talk to him about playing defense in Coral Gables.

Well, well, well.

Advertisement
I'd say give him that offer at DT and let him have an actual chance to prove himself. He doesn't seem like an actual collegiate DT. But at least if/when he shows he can't have any success at that level - move him over to OG.

I'd say give him that offer at DT and let him have an actual chance to prove himself. He doesn't seem like an actual collegiate DT. But at least if/when he shows he can't have any success at that level - move him over to OG.

This. Play the ******* game.

You have to play the game. The first two days of conditioning and he has to keep up wth RJ McIntosh and ANTHONY Noten, Chad thomas he likely has to throw up. Then he will make the business decision to go jog with 6.4 40 yd runners like Darling, McDermott.

You have to play the game. The first two days of conditioning and he has to keep up wth RJ McIntosh and ANTHONY Noten, Chad thomas he likely has to throw up. Then he will make the business decision to go jog with 6.4 40 yd runners like Darling, McDermott.

Truth.

Advertisement

Exactly. If he can't hack it at DT and refuses to switch to OG then tell him to go have fun at Cincinnati with his boy Gibson.

Tell his flaky *** he can play QB and Point Guard. Then let that blistering hand of reality smash him upside the head.

If UF and UGA are telling him he can play defense then we need to tell him he can be our own Jim Thorpe. He can be the star of every team on campus.

This. Play the ****ing game.

All of this. I know we don't need a Nose but let this kid eat blockers and other DT's reap the rewards.
Or let him open holes for McFarland, either way just play the g'damned game.

This. Play the ****ing game.

All of this. I know we don't need a Nose but let this kid eat blockers and other DT's reap the rewards.
Or let him open holes for McFarland, either way just play the g'damned game.

Read what Lu has been posting, we actually do need a nose. So there isn't a ton of downside here. Either he can play DT and replace Norton eventually or he flips to guard. We win either way.

Advertisement

PRAISE THE LAWD!!! I've been saying with how well this all worked with Norton WHY THE **** WOULD WE NOT GIVE HIM THAT OPTION! I love it!! Golden would have rolled over and kept getting 2nd rate bums up on the Ol.

True indeed fam but I will say this, a lot of posters were chiming in about how T.J. can't play DT. In 2 of their games I saw live he played some DT in goal line & short yardage situations and I was impressed by his initial burst & obvious strength. If he's committed to a full body transformation, he could be a legit big-time DT. But that's asking a lot from a kid who's loopy as all **** like him. I understand the staff not playing games but Coach Kool must've noticed what I mentioned and said if he's willing to drop 40-50 lbs. he'll give him a shot. If that's enough to get him to sign I'm cool. Worst case, if he's bull****ting with cutting weight ship his *** to Coach Searles. He doesn't like it, I'll fly him to Jackson, MS. on Southwest and he can catch an Uber to Scooba...

Advertisement

True indeed fam but I will say this, a lot of posters were chiming in about how T.J. can't play DT. In 2 of their games I saw live he played some DT in goal line & short yardage situations and I was impressed by his initial burst & obvious strength. If he's committed to a full body transformation, he could be a legit big-time DT. But that's asking a lot from a kid who's loopy as all **** like him. I understand the staff not playing games but Coach Kool must've noticed what I mentioned and said if he's willing to drop 40-50 lbs. he'll give him a shot. If that's enough to get him to sign I'm cool. Worst case, if he's bull****ting with cutting weight ship his *** to Coach Searles. He doesn't like it, I'll fly him to Jackson, MS. on Southwest and he can catch an Uber to Scooba...

You'd think a kid playing 2 sports would be in better shape.

Who said we stop at two ? Let's do track, baseball and hockey too

Best hockey goalie ever.

Best hockey goalie ever.

No net, All Slaton...

Advertisement
Back