247 / Late Kick / Pate video Bama Miami

Cane6

GreenTree All-Star
Pate has generally been fair to positive in his Miami assessments. I don’t have anything to disagree with in this video

Advertisement
Advertisement
I think Mac Jones winning the starting QB job for the Patriots is a plus for the Canes. That means he was possibly more in charge of the offense, thus I expect a bigger drop off this year. Similar to LSU dropped off after Joe B left.

Can we consistently put them in situations to have their young QB beat us.

I agree about that 49-3 first quarter stat. That is embarrassing. Where's the preparation!?!

Advertisement
I never gamble. But he seems dead on with his assessment.

It pained me to listen to him talk about how our receivers couldn't even get off the line against Clemson's press, and that Bama's DBs will be much better than Clemson's. Hopefully adding in Rambo and Keyshawn changes that dynamic, because King needs open receivers to work his magic. It can't all be TE slants or RB screens. Our receivers need to win their battles both at the line and in the air, and come down with the **** ball.

I never gamble. But he seems dead on with his assessment.

It pained me to listen to him talk about how our receivers couldn't even get off the line against Clemson's press, and that Bama's DBs will be much better than Clemson's. Hopefully adding in Rambo and Keyshawn changes that dynamic, because King needs open receivers to work his magic. It can't all be TE slants or RB screens. Our receivers need to win their battles both at the line and in the air, and come down with the **** ball.
Our WRs vs Clemson completely ****ed down their legs, but I wasn’t overly impressed with Lashlee’s gameplan

I truly hope there is more design to get our guys the ball in space and over the middle. We are screwed if we are expecting our WRs to consistently win go routes and jump balls against Bama CBs

Our WRs vs Clemson completely ****ed down their legs, but I wasn’t overly impressed with Lashlee’s gameplan

I truly hope there is more design to get our guys the ball in space and over the middle. We are screwed if we are expecting our WRs to consistently win go routes and jump balls against Bama CBs
Lashley has some good OLs at auburn. Their running game was power-oriented and hard to stop. Gus loved to do it with eye candy and speed back with Nick Marshall. But the route running and air game of any Gus offense were high schoolish in design.

I have no idea what Lashley is diagraming these days, but Gus ran that offense back in the day. He decided to slow down his pace of play and when he got his last extension in 2017 it was because he had committed to an offense that played more to the pace of the defense. He had some deep NFL defensive line talent, and a fast bunch of DBs, and a stout running game. Kevin Steele was a great DC against spread concepts. But one constant, Gus still ran ridiculously simple wide receiver routes.

Advertisement
I actually think the Clemson game last year helps us. Besides players being older and more experienced, I think Lashlee learned also. Clemson was able to jump all over the game plan and they mauled our receivers. I expect Alabama to try to press and get physical with our receivers so they can bring pressure on king amd prevent him from running. I expect Lashlee will spread the field, will have some motion and misdirection to free Miami's speed. I am throwing everything at Alabama including multiple guys in the back field.

Miami needs to be able to pick up first downs. You keep the pressure on Alabama and keep the speed on them. Hopegully you can make their big athletic players run more than they ever have in a game.

Advertisement
I actually think the Clemson game last year helps us. Besides players being older and more experienced, I think Lashlee learned also. Clemson was able to jump all over the game plan and they mauled our receivers. I expect Alabama to try to press and get physical with our receivers so they can bring pressure on king amd prevent him from running. I expect Lashlee will spread the field, will have some motion and misdirection to free Miami's speed. I am throwing everything at Alabama including multiple guys in the back field.

Miami needs to be able to pick up first downs. You keep the pressure on Alabama and keep the speed on them. Hopegully you can make their big athletic players run more than they ever have in a game.
Yeah don't think we can use the "we were holding back the playbook for tougher teams" excuse this year.

Need to capitalize if we get early chances similar to Clemson in 2017 (Malik under throwing Jeff Thomas with nothing but grass around him) and the Roche pick in the Clemson game last year. Land a punch or two and take it from there

this game is going to come down to our WR's just like the clemson and okie state games last year. Defense will be fine but we need WR's that can get free. Hopefully rambo and harley can show the world that we're better than we were against clemson

Advertisement
Back