247 is going in on blake james and the admin (new article just dropped)

Advertisement
Mostly agree, but if it's like most contracts, it's pages and pages of legalized talk. It wouldn't be Blake's job to scrutinize a contract, but a lawyers on retainer for the university.
false. this isn't a legal term, but a business term. very simple. if anyone makes more per year than us, we get adjusted upwards to match their deal. i'm sure this term was a highly negotiated point. he's the business guy, he's the one that should know what his competitors are doing and what deals they are striking. he's at fault. it's his contract.

i deal with contracts everyday and my business people know the business terms to the last point. that's their job

"One more interesting note on Blake James: Back in 2017, Louisville signed a deal with Adidas that was good for ten years and worth $160 million. At that time, Miamiā€™s contract with Adidas had a clause that UM must be ā€œthe most highly compensated Adidas university both in ACC and the state of Florida, as measured solely by the annual average contract year of all ā€˜guaranteed compensation.ā€™ā€ That Louisville deal was worth more annually than Miamiā€™s 12-year deal, which was signed back in 2015. James did not know that clause was in Miamiā€™s agreement with Adidas until somebody outside of the program with knowledge of the deal informed him. James quickly reached out to Adidas, who bumped Miamiā€™s annual pay."

This program deserves to burn. Run by bums.

Not unrealistic it can happen again but they've yet to find and develop a QB. That's as good as it's gonna get with Anthony Brown.

He comes here with TVD/Garcia, our RB room, WR/TEs.. obviously he has to fix the OL first.. but the expectations as far as scoring points are going to be exponentially higher than what he's doing at Oregon.
I don't think people understand what Mario has to work with and the job he's doing.

Based upon everything Iā€™ve read, i think itā€™s safe to say Jesus have left us.
I think we can end the conversation with this pic

1635485021636.jpeg

Advertisement
Imma post a link to Michiganā€™s info.

Nice break down, including the contracts for Adidas & Nike. Upon first skim, it doesnā€™t appear to be pages & pages, nor a lot of ambiguous legal jargon.

The Nike contract doesn't pull up for me.

The Adidas one isn't straight forward, pursuant, see section, refer to 3c, etc.

Absolutely no doubt that's looked over by an attorney. That's their department. Even in talks with the attorney or reps from Adidas, all Blake would care about is the amount and length. Submit the offer and let the legal team go over it.

I know, this is a witch hunt, but it's a reach. Someone dropped the ball, I just don't think it's him and monitoring what other deals happen through the years, that likely falls on someone else.

The Nike contract doesn't pull up for me.

The Adidas one isn't straight forward, pursuant, see section, refer to 3c, etc.

Absolutely no doubt that's looked over by an attorney. That's their department. Even in talks with the attorney or reps from Adidas, all Blake would care about is the amount and length. Submit the offer and let the legal team go over it.

I know, this is a witch hunt, but it's a reach. Someone dropped the ball, I just don't think it's him and monitoring what other deals happen through the years, that likely falls on someone else.
Dang; OK.

But yeah; ball was clearly dropped. Regardless, this was an AD matter. He still shouldā€™ve had the wherewithal to have legal look over the contract to make sure all iā€™s were dotted & tā€™s crossed. A competently ran AD has all that in place. But hey, this is the same guy who paid $4mā€¦..ahhhhh nvm.

Advertisement
"One more interesting note on Blake James: Back in 2017, Louisville signed a deal with Adidas that was good for ten years and worth $160 million. At that time, Miamiā€™s contract with Adidas had a clause that UM must be ā€œthe most highly compensated Adidas university both in ACC and the state of Florida, as measured solely by the annual average contract year of all ā€˜guaranteed compensation.ā€™ā€ That Louisville deal was worth more annually than Miamiā€™s 12-year deal, which was signed back in 2015. James did not know that clause was in Miamiā€™s agreement with Adidas until somebody outside of the program with knowledge of the deal informed him. James quickly reached out to Adidas, who bumped Miamiā€™s annual pay."

ā€¦.so not only is he sports inept but he is business inept as well? Awesome. Thank god heā€™s a great ā€œfundraiserā€.

Last edited:

Lol

Are any of you surprised that weā€™re closer to the Ring ling brothers and an actual University? This place has oozed incompetence for years and this BOT just sits around doing nothing. Itā€™s all about being Duke and UVA. They couldnā€™t care less that ND is dripping in racks with the same type of national notoriety academically because it cost them their bottom line and would force them to make actual decisions. Think about it. They didnā€™t want to pay Richt a 1 million more in ā€˜01, they didnā€™t want to rehire Butch in ā€˜06, they refused to turn away Shapiro because he was just writing blank checks to people, they refused to then find a proven guy in ā€˜09 and gave the job to a green coach thatā€™s only been a head for a couple of years, they then hire Richt with a clause to do what ever he wanted essentially to please us even though he was cooked(which we didnā€™t know about). They then conduct a 12 hour search to hire our greenest coach ever who just so happened to have a father whoā€™s connected to whoā€¦a portion of the BOT including that giant ****** Epstein. Even though Mas and Soffer were goons pay for Mario out of their own pocket.

^ Does this sound like a BOT invested in the success of UM as a whole or someone there just for the title? You decide.

I posted a couple weeks ago in the moves are being made thread the Bot was split pushing their own agendas and their guys for the HC position , rather than coming together to fix the program. Thereā€™s no leadership , just a bunch of individuals seeing who has the bigger ****.

Ive been told theyā€™re going to change things this off season and make plans to run this like a big boy program, itā€™s just hard to buy into that when you know whatā€™s going on behind the scenes .

Theres no leadership or anyone with a plan. Thatā€™s why Iā€™ve been pushing for a former player to be the AD. I know heā€™s a leader and would have a plan.
Cribby/Alex/Keyser Soze...

I would refine your observation(s) just a touch...

There appears to be no unified leadership of the BoT (hugely disappointing and likely negligence, if not immoral/unethical), but their appears to be either individual or collective leadership of the BoT's factions.

Will they message and snark each other to a stalemate/or some inconsequential incremental change? Sigh.... probably. Will some (ok most) use the "well I tried" garbage in future leaks or anonymous interviews? Sigh... sigh... šŸ¤¬šŸ¤¬šŸ¤¬ yep they will.

And more sentences of the obituary of competitve Miami Hurricanes football continues to be written with each passing day.

Advertisement
Dang; OK.

But yeah; ball was clearly dropped. Regardless, this was an AD matter. He still shouldā€™ve had the wherewithal to have legal look over the contract to make sure all iā€™s were dotted & tā€™s crossed. A competently ran AD has all that in place. But hey, this is the same guy who paid $4mā€¦..ahhhhh nvm.
I mean, if Blake was the one who got the deal, wouldnā€™t he have known that we were supposed to be the highest paid team for Adidas? So any team who signed a deal after ours, he or legal shouldā€™ve had research done to ensure we were paid accordingly.

Advertisement
Has Kiffin, Frreeze or any other competent coaches been mentioned as plan B. Or would we be back to poaching from Temple.
My biggest fear is Mario turning them down. That means thereā€™ll be another search rather than having a layup. Which is possible.

Mostly agree, but if it's like most contracts, it's pages and pages of legalized talk. It wouldn't be Blake's job to scrutinize a contract, but a lawyers on retainer for the university.
Agreed. However, when I'm handed a contract to sign I look at the numbers, the escalator clauses and the terms and conditions for canceling or buying out the contract. The rest I leave to the lawyers. He should have at least understood the basic framework.

Same.

I like Adidas shorts, but the pockets are too short in most cases. I don't care for Nike shorts. Under Armor shorts have the best fit in general and are best for my phone. Adidas shirts and Under Armor are my go to light wear, not one thing owner Nike. They all fit different, so I don't buy anything online. Oddly enough, my favorite workout / light fabric shirt I've gotten recently was a Reebok shirt and I bought one of every color.

So just go with the money.

I just go with what's on the clearance rack... ridiculous how much they charge for recycled plastic fibers...

Advertisement
Back