247 is going in on blake james and the admin (new article just dropped)

Y’all realize Nike didn’t give us **** at the end of the deal right, we didn’t even get practice jerseys
THEY LITERALLY GAVE US BRAND NEW JERSEYS!! Lol! What r u talking about??! Lol.

That famous image of Duke Johnson putting the sun shades & dancing in the meeting room?? Yeah, those were brand new jerseys !! Lol.

Advertisement
THEY LITERALLY GAVE US BRAND NEW JERSEYS!! Lol! What r u talking about??! Lol.

That famous image of Duke Johnson putting the sun shades & dancing in the meeting room?? Yeah, those were brand new jerseys !! Lol.
Go ask d money bro. He even said at the end we didn’t get any equipment and **** from Nike. You have a hard on for Nike it’s cool, I have **** from Nike adidas ua etc. It’s all fine. im not 12 where I care if there is a jump man or a check on my ****. theres Way better **** that’s way more comfortable out there

"One more interesting note on Blake James: Back in 2017, Louisville signed a deal with Adidas that was good for ten years and worth $160 million. At that time, Miami’s contract with Adidas had a clause that UM must be “the most highly compensated Adidas university both in ACC and the state of Florida, as measured solely by the annual average contract year of all ‘guaranteed compensation.’” That Louisville deal was worth more annually than Miami’s 12-year deal, which was signed back in 2015. James did not know that clause was in Miami’s agreement with Adidas until somebody outside of the program with knowledge of the deal informed him. James quickly reached out to Adidas, who bumped Miami’s annual pay."

This program deserves to burn. Run by bums. Yes
Wow!!!

Miami x Jordan Brand would fuqqin murder the sports apparel scene man. Would be insane, and I wouldn’t be able to get my hands on enough Miami apparel if we’re ever lucky enough to make that switch.

#MiamiXJordanBrand all the way
Bro!!! Plus u have Trophy Room in Orlando, Solefly in Miami, and DJ Khaled in Miami…all collaborating w/ JB. Bro, our gear would be insane.

When a thread about getting rid of that POS BJ turns into a Nike circle jerk, where grown middle aged men profess their undying love for a shoe company.
An undying love for a sneaker company that straight up lowballed the University those people claim to love. I knew plenty of Miami student athletes during the Nike era, and it was shameful how little Nike did in regards to providing gear. Jerseys that didn't fit, shoes that split after a couple of practices. Nike treated Miami like trash, and you can see an obvious difference between how Adidas approaches things and how Nike did. These kids are treated very well by Adidas, AND Adidas is throwing money around the University.

A little story time. Back when I was working on my masters', I dated a Miami student athlete, during the Nike era. She used to wear my Miami gear, because I had more stuff than she did, and she was a **** student athlete. Make that make sense. When you can't find your favorite Miami sweatshirts because your girlfriend swiped them because her squad was going on a conference roadtrip and she only had 1 pair of sweats and two team issued sweatshirts, you'll see why a lot of people were fed up with Nike's nonsense...

Last edited:
Advertisement
Go ask d money bro. He even said at the end we didn’t get any equipment and **** from Nike. You have a hard on for Nike it’s cool, I have **** from Nike adidas ua etc. It’s all fine. im not 12 where I care if there is a jump man or a check on my ****. theres Way better **** that’s way more comfortable out there
I don’t; I have a hard on for quality & perception. I have a hard on in not being considered a 2nd rate program, which is literally ALL of Adidas branded schools. I have a real bone to pick that we were supposed to be considered a top priority for Adidas & we’re not.

And u’re right; New Balance has some extremely comfortable shoes, so does Brooks. That means Chit to what we’re talking about. We’re talking about image, perception, what drives revenue & what drives recruits. Right now, whether U want to agree or not, Nike is the most dominant force in sports, collegiate sports, and popularity among teens and it’s not even close.

The problem is that LEGAL should have picked up on that. I don't expect Blake James, nor any administrator to know the ins and outs of these elongated contracts. Someone in LEGAL should have been on the phone with Blake the MOMENT they found out about Louisville signing, and noted that Miami was supposed to get a bump. That's common sense crap.

welp i'm sorry to say this, and doubt anyone cares but...

if the next hire is some dumb ***, i'm probably done with college football. I'm not interested in watching bama run the table playing by a different set of rules, and my team has management that is not interested whatsoever. I just don't see the point anymore, everyone at the university is a piddling idiot it seems yet nothing gets done about it.

time to store this in the museum under, "the miami hurricanes, what could have been"

I’m in the same place. This coaching search is the last for me. Last time I’m sticking around for it. If they make a home run hire I’ll stick around, if not then I’m walking away.

It’s a fun hobby but the writing is on the wall for this program IMO. The sport is only interesting s long as there is hope for victory, and I’m getting to a point where any belief I had that Miami could be back at any point is fading.

I’m just not interested in investing time or energy in a team that only aspires to win 8 games a year and maybe compete in the coastal. I don’t knock anyone who sticks with them, but it’s getting close to quitting time for me.

If the next coach fails, I’m out in 2 years. If the next hire is some G5 bum or coordinator, I’m out in 2 months.

Advertisement
Let's think about this.....we all know why Blake was hired - he's a great salesman, that brings in money apparently. But he missed a simple part of the job, where Miami missed out on money basically. So....logic. Yeah, that's bad.

Mostly agree, but if it's like most contracts, it's pages and pages of legalized talk. It wouldn't be Blake's job to scrutinize a contract, but a lawyers on retainer for the university.

I don’t; I have a hard on for quality & perception. I have a hard on in not being considered a 2nd rate program, which is literally ALL of Adidas branded schools. I have a real bone to pick that we were supposed to be considered a top priority for Adidas & we’re not.

And u’re right; New Balance has some extremely comfortable shoes, so does Brooks. That means Chit to what we’re talking about. We’re talking about image, perception, what drives revenue & what drives recruits. Right now, whether U want to agree or not, Nike is the most dominant force in sports, collegiate sports, and popularity among teens and it’s not even close.
I agree Nike is more popular for college sports. I just want whoever pays us more. the fan gear is all the same **** To me. I have Nike shirts that fit awful and same w adidas. Don’t see a huge diff. The best pair of canes shorts I have are actually from ua

The fact that Diaz is being supported because of his daddy makes me want him gone faster. What corrupt bullsh!t we got going on. So lame. I hope they keep lighting them up. Unkown no face, people killing the program under anonymous decisions. Jokes.

I hear you on this.

Having said that, guess what, this is far more common than most believe. Someone in the AD at most universities or a booster has some tie in to a coach. Super hot names don't always apply, but people in the hiring profession in college usually go with a guy someone knows and the call is made.

Advertisement
Mostly agree, but if it's like most contracts, it's pages and pages of legalized talk. It wouldn't be Blake's job to scrutinize a contract, but a lawyers on retainer for the university.
Exactly. Unfortunately, we have a lot of fans that don't know a **** thing. I blame Legal for not picking up on that contract language. You can argue that Blake should have been more on Legal for that screwup, but that's a different argument.

I agree Nike is more popular for college sports. I just want whoever pays us more. the fan gear is all the same **** To me. I have Nike shirts that fit awful and same w adidas. Don’t see a huge diff. The best pair of canes shorts I have are actually from ua

Same.

I like Adidas shorts, but the pockets are too short in most cases. I don't care for Nike shorts. Under Armor shorts have the best fit in general and are best for my phone. Adidas shirts and Under Armor are my go to light wear, not one thing owner Nike. They all fit different, so I don't buy anything online. Oddly enough, my favorite workout / light fabric shirt I've gotten recently was a Reebok shirt and I bought one of every color.

So just go with the money.

Do u know our revenue % from sales by any chance?

Advertisement
"One more interesting note on Blake James: Back in 2017, Louisville signed a deal with Adidas that was good for ten years and worth $160 million. At that time, Miami’s contract with Adidas had a clause that UM must be “the most highly compensated Adidas university both in ACC and the state of Florida, as measured solely by the annual average contract year of all ‘guaranteed compensation.’” That Louisville deal was worth more annually than Miami’s 12-year deal, which was signed back in 2015. James did not know that clause was in Miami’s agreement with Adidas until somebody outside of the program with knowledge of the deal informed him. James quickly reached out to Adidas, who bumped Miami’s annual pay."

This program deserves to burn. Run by bums.
Jesus 🤦🏾‍♂️

Exactly. Unfortunately, we have a lot of fans that don't know a **** thing. I blame Legal for not picking up on that contract language. You can argue that Blake should have been more on Legal for that screwup, but that's a different argument.
No. We’re not talking about some minutiae. A borderline ****** AD knows the general financial terms of the department’s biggest contract. And if you’re a competent AD with a most favored nation provision in that contract, you at least have an SOP put in to track.

Imma post a link to Michigan’s info.

Nice break down, including the contracts for Adidas & Nike. Upon first skim, it doesn’t appear to be pages & pages, nor a lot of ambiguous legal jargon.

Advertisement
Back