247 is going in on blake james and the admin (new article just dropped)

I just read through a couple of threads on the Oregon 247 board about Miami and Cristobal. As always, there is a lot of misinformation about facilities, stadium, etc. They likely repeat what they hear and read elsewhere.

Apparently the Oregon Rivals site is unequivocally saying that Mario's wife, Jessica, does not want to raise their boys in Miami. She supposedly doesn't want them in school in Miami nor around the football program. They make it sound like the family pull, at least for her, is not that big a factor. Not sure where they are getting that information but a few people on that 247 board are corroborating it.

That information, coupled with the misinformation they have about finances, facilities, etc. make them feel pretty confident Mario wouldn't be interested in leaving.

Bahaha GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

https://c.tenor.com/uPsmTyLxixcAAAAM/yap-i-smell-some-bull****.gif

Last edited:
Advertisement
Oh agree to disagree there.

I was desperate for the Panthers to draft Mahomes that year (we picked up McCaffrey instead).

Yes he had unbelievable raw talent, but also clearly had a mastery of his offence. I've never been so impressed with a College QB.
Mahomes also sat a year behind smith I believe. Herbert started nearly asap after taylor got hurt and immediately excelled. A bit diff situation. It’s okay to say Mario’s offenses at Oregon have been meh. He’s built a good d and ol though

Which was probably paid in full all at once...wonder when this happened....hopefully within the last few months so the Mario buyout $$$ is already accounted for...leaving the other $$$ for CMD buyout and Mario's staff and salary.
Do you guys honestly see a cheap school paying 20 mill for a football staff? In one offfseasom no less.

Do you guys honestly see a cheap school paying 20 mill for a football staff? In one offfseasom no less.
The school? No.

If Cristobal is in play then it's going to be a BOT member putting their hand in their pocket. I remain to be convinced.

Advertisement
But Eugene, Oregon is the place to be?
Didn’t say that but I grew up in Miami and went to undergrad there. It really isn’t some desirable family friendly place. more And more people are leaving the area from the people that were born and raised aa rhehre moving more north where the schools are better

The school? No.

If Cristobal is in play then it's going to be a BOT member putting their hand in their pocket. I remain to be convinced.
Lmao they won’t do that. It’s all message board fun. I’m ready for us to hire some developmental dude from rice

Advertisement
Idk enough about the area or Mario’s kid age to say
If that is true, it isn’t shocking. wade Had his kids enrolled at pinecrest in ftl and they lived in Miami Beach. Remember they’ve been gone for a while now too, it wasn’t like he lived here two years ago and left. He was at Oregon for A few years now too under taggart

I just read through a couple of threads on the Oregon 247 board about Miami and Cristobal. As always, there is a lot of misinformation about facilities, stadium, etc. They likely repeat what they hear and read elsewhere.

Apparently the Oregon Rivals site is unequivocally saying that Mario's wife, Jessica, does not want to raise their boys in Miami. She supposedly doesn't want them in school in Miami nor around the football program. They make it sound like the family pull, at least for her, is not that big a factor. Not sure where they are getting that information but a few people on that 247 board are corroborating it.

That information, coupled with the misinformation they have about finances, facilities, etc. make them feel pretty confident Mario wouldn't be interested in leaving.
We’ll find out how true any of that is in January when he’s offered the job.

One thing that gets overlooked in all these discussions (mainly amongst our fans) is that it’s up to Mario if he actually wants to come to Miami, a lot of our fans assume he’d be on first private jet smoking back to Coral Gables, but until he actually does it I think it’s a mistake to assume that he will...

Just as much as people are sure he’s coming here, he could very well sign an extension at the end of the season for more money if Oregon wins another PAC-12 title which they are in line to do pretty easily again.

Also, if it’s pretty clear he wouldn’t wanna work under Snake James (which I don’t know a human on Earth who would) the fact Miami is taking it’s slow time with moving on from Snake James doesn’t really help in our favor. Like I get not firing Manuel Diaz until the end of the season, or at least until we’re officially eliminated from the Coastal, but there’s really no reason to keep Snake James employed as of now, there’s nothing he does that requires for him to be needed as head of the athletics department until December/January.

If you’re someone of influence on the BOT & you’re attempting to entice Mario back to Miami wouldn’t it be more feasible for you to show him you’re serious by getting a jump start on the next AD hire? Or, you could essentially use it as a bargaining chip in negotiation, you could present it to Mario as an opportunity to basically pick his own AD, something that would never happen in any other situation for a HC.

One thing that gets overlooked in all these discussions (mainly amongst our fans) is that it’s up to Mario if he actually wants to come to Miami, a lot of our fans assume he’d be on first private jet smoking back to Coral Gables, but until he actually does it I think it’s a mistake to assume that he will...

Just as much as people are sure he’s coming here, he could very well sign an extension at the end of the season for more money if Oregon wins another PAC-12 title which they are in line to do pretty easily again.

Also, if it’s pretty clear he wouldn’t wanna work under Snake James (which I don’t know a human on Earth who would) the fact Miami is taking it’s slow time with moving on from Snake James doesn’t really help in our favor. Like I get not firing Manuel Diaz until the end of the season, or at least until we’re officially eliminated from the Coastal, but there’s really no reason to keep Snake James employed as of now, there’s nothing he does that requires for him to be needed as head of the athletics department until December/January.

If you’re someone of influence on the BOT & you’re attempting to entice Mario back to Miami wouldn’t it be more feasible for you to show him you’re serious by getting a jump start on the next AD hire? Or, you could essentially use it as a bargaining chip in negotiation, you could present it to Mario as an opportunity to basically pick his own AD, something that would never happen in any other situation for a HC.
I just don’t see him wanting to come back to a program that will never invest the same as Oregon doess

Advertisement

I said this right after msu, if Miami wanted to send a message to Mario that they were serious they would've fired Blake James already and gotten a head start on hiring a new ad.

This is headed for disaster.

Advertisement
lol we can't run an AD nor coach and you guys are worried about clothing brands? we failed Adidas. we failed nike. also no basketball logos on football jerseys. its stupid.
Jordan Brand is NOT a b-ball logo. It’s a brand just like Nike, Adidas, NB, etc. It’s also the #1 Subsidiary brand & JB runs their exclusive player apparels different than Nike. Stop it.

Jordan Brand is NOT a b-ball logo. It’s a brand just like Nike, Adidas, NB, etc. It’s also the #1 Subsidiary brand & JB runs their exclusive player apparels different than Nike. Stop it.
Does it make any difference at all? It’s a diff logo from the same factory all the companies use. Idc what Brzmd we wear. Just win

Advertisement
Back