247 is going in on blake james and the admin (new article just dropped)

Your days here are numbered.
Hot Dog Girl GIF

Advertisement
Ya if Jose Mas and Lemonis want Mario and they're willing to foot the bill you can't say no and you can't go cheap. Agree to pay a $6.5-7 million a year salary and give him a nice staff pool if they foot the $9 million bill. That shouldn't even be a debated topic.

To be honest.. I know Oregon loves Mario and respects what he's doing but I don't see them trying too hard to keep him especially if it's him going to his alma mater. A couple reasons... 1) It's his alma mater and Knight and co respect that, 2) They're not really blowing teams out like they want to do and did under Chip Kelly (unrealistic expectations and they'll get what they deserve), and 3) They're gonna enjoy getting a free $9 million to get whoever they want next.

from what i read on CanesInsight, Mario's buyout is reduced by half to $4.5MM.

All that article says is we have a president who knows nothing about athletics, is ruining our academics, but somehow got an extension.

We have an athletic director that knows nothing about sports... but despite everyone essentially hating him at this point he sticks around because he "is good at raising money" when we haven't seen what anyone else can do in that role and how much can actually be raised.

We have another guy that knows nothing about sports that was put in charge of fixing the athletic program. But his experience is some capacity under George Bush

Boosters and board members are for Manny Diaz Jr for no other reason than because donated money to Manny Diaz Sr's mayor campaign and likely benefited from his corrupt ways.

Whole lot of ineptitude in those facts. Not that anyone is surprised. Only at Miami does any of this BS make any sense.

Advertisement
They’re doing the Lord’s work. Stock and Lake both care about UM, so does Gabby. Good for all of them.

This all coming to light is 100% a good thing. These are the cracks that break the dam holding back fundamental change. Alex Jones can have all the same info but it does no good to spill it. Sometimes you need CNN to run a lede to get national attention.

Is that fat ******* Rudy still at ITU? I remember when He went all the way J'ville for Sam Barrington's announcement, He had us all hyped up that Barrington was coming to The U, only for Barrington to spurn us for USF LOL.

Advertisement
"One more interesting note on Blake James: Back in 2017, Louisville signed a deal with Adidas that was good for ten years and worth $160 million. At that time, Miami’s contract with Adidas had a clause that UM must be “the most highly compensated Adidas university both in ACC and the state of Florida, as measured solely by the annual average contract year of all ‘guaranteed compensation.’” That Louisville deal was worth more annually than Miami’s 12-year deal, which was signed back in 2015. James did not know that clause was in Miami’s agreement with Adidas until somebody outside of the program with knowledge of the deal informed him. James quickly reached out to Adidas, who bumped Miami’s annual pay."

This program deserves to burn. Run by bums.

That's a fairly negligent way to operate a program, but then again I don't think it really surprises anyone.

Wait …..I don’t get national attention ?

Yes, but only when Borry steals your **** and then pretends he doesn't know who you are.

The only hope I have from any of this is that the higher ups get tired of seeing their names tarnished for their ineptitude and go for the moves that silence the crowd. Get rid of Blake and Manny and (until the next guy screws up) they don't have to hear about it for a while.

All that article says is we have a president who knows nothing about athletics, is ruining our academics, but somehow got an extension.

We have an athletic director that knows nothing about sports... but despite everyone essentially hating him at this point he sticks around because he "is good at raising money" when we haven't seen what anyone else can do in that role and how much can actually be raised.

We have another guy that knows nothing about sports that was put in charge of fixing the athletic program. But his experience is some capacity under George Bush

Boosters and board members are for Manny Diaz Jr for no other reason than because donated money to Manny Diaz Sr's mayor campaign and likely benefited from his corrupt ways.

Whole lot of ineptitude in those facts. Not that anyone is surprised. Only at Miami does any of this BS make any sense.
The article leaves out a lot of things like there’s far more anti Blake and Manny than pro. The problem is everyone has their own individual agenda than the betterment of the program. That’s the biggest issue.

Someone said on here (cant remember who) that Blake was prepared to fire Manny after the NC State game thinking we would lose but was caught off guard at the W so he pulled back...Any truth to that?
I think his little PR stunt is solid evidence he was anticipating a loss...

Then you have the verbal altercation in Hard Rock between Frenk and Blake...

Advertisement
Guessing Kadre is the, or one of the, big BOT members with ties to Manny Sr. Unfortunately, he is currently the vice chair of the board.

Ya if Jose Mas and Lemonis want Mario and they're willing to foot the bill you can't say no and you can't go cheap. Agree to pay a $6.5-7 million a year salary and give him a nice staff pool if they foot the $9 million bill. That shouldn't even be a debated topic.

To be honest.. I know Oregon loves Mario and respects what he's doing but I don't see them trying too hard to keep him especially if it's him going to his alma mater. A couple reasons... 1) It's his alma mater and Knight and co respect that, 2) They're not really blowing teams out like they want to do and did under Chip Kelly (unrealistic expectations and they'll get what they deserve), and 3) They're gonna enjoy getting a free $9 million to get whoever they want next.
Is it unrealistic? They recruit far better than their competition. They're probably as talented as those Chip Kelly teams if not more. They should be tired of scuffling with teams like Cal and Arizona. To be honest outside of Taggart, Oregon can identify coaches. That goes for all sports there. Even Mark Helfrich had two double digit win seasons coming off of Chip's staff before he lost it. If Mario did leave they shouldn't be worried. That's a competent athletic department.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back