247 2016 Thread...

Golden Era

i mean Richt Era
Dude is going HAM

Well i have started on the 2016 class & let me tell ya right now-2 schools that are gonna be absolutely loaded are- STA & IMG- It's really too bad we lost our QB Commit from IMG as QB's can carry a lot of weight with team mates but-it just makes it that much more important we hold Scarlett & St. Louis as these 2 schools alone are gonna have a lot of what we need-especially IMG. There's no denying that the D side of the ball is gonna be our main target or it should be anyway & especially DT & THE DL across the board. I was going through the 250 for 2016 and from these 2 schools are as follow-

Well 1st-let me point out we do have 12 commits already with the #1 rated class and a grade of 176.72- Followed by Ole Miss at #2- with a 169.68 & FSU lagging at #3 with a 143.26- So- we don't have any 5* at the moment as IMO-We have several who are under rated and 1 being Hugely underrated is our QB JACK- He's a 4* but not even in the 250 & I could not believe all the QB's they have rated a head of this kid. He does play for a relatively small school at Palmetto but-he was at the NIKE OPEN Last year & the cameras were behind the QB's & let me tell right now-you could actually hear the ball just making noises coming off that kids hands he was throwing with such velocity. With about 6-7 other QB's lined up in a straight line with him-Man it wasn't even close who was just chunking the ball the hardest and with pin point accuracy. I'm talking streak routes 40-50 yards & Jack was throwing on a rope-none of those Duck balls like some were throwing I mean this kid was just at a different level and hadn't even played his JR Year yet-when he does get here and you mark my words-after the camps this spring & summer-that rating of his will jump big time & wouldn't surprise me 1 bit if he wins the QB challenge-he's at that level so-Sam Bruce is our highest rated right now at # 34 and a 4*-he too is another that won't take long to gain that 5th & we are on others that are 5*'s that we have serious shots at & like I said- a few more of ours will get moved up a lot higher than they are rated now.

But IMG has about 10-12 kids already rated in the 250 & STA has quite a few themselves. There's others in both areas that we are on and have good shots at landing with 1 being in the Tampa area

Sharvel Manuel -5* DT-6'3-265- Blake HS- Is rated #7 in the 250 at the moment. He's 1 that we do have some good to high interest from & this is that DT we been waiting on and trying to land-kid is gonna flat tear it up this year & 1 that with the early interest we have-we have just got to stay on him the day NSD is over. A kid like this-it starts immediately right over again & he's worth every minute of every day we are on him.

Rashaun Smith-5* -DE/LB-6'2230 and is a Fl kid-while Tenn has gotten the early jump and a commit-he's talking about Miami and just another we must do all we have to get him.

The state of Fla & GA are stacked this 2016 class with DT's & DE's and this bodes well for us. Al no matter what happens on NSD- Has to focus on this 16 class and stack it with as many top players as we can like he is so far. Every chance he has to get these 16 top flight kids to Miami even if he has to hold another JR Day-get them here as much as he can for spring & then the camps-just get these Florida top rated kids who we don't have committed at the moment but have quite a few with some more vibe & time around the program will give that commit. This class has the shot to set unprecedented waters at Miami. We have had good classes before even #1 classes but-this 16 class has the shot to be the best over all class from top to bottom Miami has ever had. And a Balanced class too-as much talent on the D side as the O side. The 3 LB's we have right now are gonna be putting the "CANE PAIN' ON a lot of CFB players & they are a Will-Sam & Mike-We have all 3 LB spots filled with top flight recruits.

Malik Barrow{not sure if he's kin to Michael Barrow but if he is-only helps} rated #80 in the 250- 6'1-252 & runs a 4.5 40- Now-if this kid don't pack on more pounds and actually losses some-we're talking a flat out head hunting LB'er right here who can run. And with that size & speed combined-you can better believe when he get's to where he's going-it's gonna be a bad long day for QB's-RB's & WR's-this kid is the truth & he's high on us so-another that could potentially end up in this class & as far as I am concerned-if this class is top heavy with Defensive prospects especially DL's & LB's-we tak'em. If this is that class we make up for 3 cycles in 1 class well-we need to do it & don't even hesitate.

Freddie Pinder-#124-6'5-185 WR { now that's the size I'm talkin bout & he's got speed too & was really close to giving us his commitment on JR Day-I would say "We hear this kid commit to us some time in the near future & will be another stud. Tommy Streeter's last year-when he finally came out-this is who this kid reminds me of-those long strides but-has way better hands at this state than Street had & will be a force a lot quicker than Street did too.

#127-Devin Bush-6'0-220 LB- I know he's a FSU Legacy kid and when it get's right down to it probably are the team to beat but-he raved about his Miami exp. when he came to the FSU Game & says"The Canes are def. a school I'm considering so-we'll see"

We have a good DT Committed from Lake Gibson that could play a big part in landing this kid

#77-Baveon Johnson- 6'3-280-OL- he's a Tenn. Commit right now but he too is talking about Miami so-with Fla kids who we have a team mate or 2 committed from the same team & plays a pos. we target-I believe we will be in the game for this 1. Just let his team mate & Kehoe work him and he's 1 we could hear a flip from in the summer.

2 Big time Fla kids who are high targets-#16 Savion Smith-6'2-175 & # 24 Dredrick Snelson-both who will be sought after hard by us & a whole lot of others but-the sale in this class can be who we have already-to be a part of 1 of the best if not the best class in Miami history{ AND THAT'S SAYING SOMETHING } And the 1 true class who actually was the class to turn it around here. To put the "SWAGGER" Back in Miami & all these commits & high recruits are saying the same thing. This is a class we don't have to go all over God's Green earth to fill a class-almost every pos. we need is in Fla in this class and quite a few of them-Even the DT's & DE's-This Fla cycle is absolutely loaded and while that saying"We can't gett'em all" has became more of an excuse as of late than reality because we just didn't hit the top kids well-this is that class where it can be said and we have met all our needs with the best or at the top of the best players at every pos.

#221- Patrick Bether-{Not sure if he is a legacy kid either?} 6'2-231-DE --Vero Beach is another DE that may grow into a DT with his frame & 1 we can pull with tough recruiting-getting him around the team & commits every chance we get & the BBQ Golden holds every year after spring for the players & JR Kids will be 1 successful day IMO. If we haven't gotten commits from some of the names I have listed or even others we are on-this is the day Miami will wipe the floor & flex our recruiting muscle again. As I said"From the articles and kids statements from this class-they are serious about turning Miami-I believe that although a few of our best are from areas close to FSU-They are tired of seeing and hearing the other big 2 get mostly all the attention & I really think the new 30 for 30 has touched a nerve with this cycle and these kids are already bonding as they were team mates & ready to get it done !.

I actually believe this class is not playing because-to have 12 commits at this point in the game even with the records we have had and the rumors of the coaches-they wanna commit to "THE U' & They know there is a possibility that if this Staff does not come through during the season this year- I believe they know all what could happen and have hear the rumors that are going around but-even if Al & his staff does get fired- There's no doubt in my mind that with the hire of Butch Davis-we probably don't lose a 1 of these commits & only will help us as the clock ticks this time next year. But like I said" I believe this class is serious about turning he "U" back into the dominant team it was because of all the bad breaks we have caught & they know all it takes is the Fla kids to stick together for 1 -2 classes and it's on. Just no way this many kids of this caliber just commit for the **** of it. Not saying we keep all of them even if Al stays but-for the most part-I believe we keep the majority of who we have and pick up even more highly rated kids at the pos.'s we need.

That's why it is just so imperative that Al & this staff do everything in their natural powers to hold onto Scarlett & St . Loius because-IMG & STA wll not only be loaded this up coming class but are 2 teams that put out kids as college ready as they come. So-While everything may not fall our way this go around-let's just play this season out-hope Al keeps stacking to this 16 class which I believe happens & either way as far as the H.C- Butch or Al- I believe these kids are ready to see and be a part of something great here again and make their own history. Would could be the only team to win a NC IN the last 4 decades and that is something sure enough special and these kids know it too.

Advertisement
This will be a large and talented class regardless who the coach is. I think we will sign up to 30 in the class of 2016. 2015 was supposed to be a full class but is looking like we only sign at the most 22-23 with 5 early enrollees that will count towards 2014. We will have room for 30 if we end up signing 25 this year. We had 75 scholarship players at the end of 2014.

We will lose 13 SRs and 2 Jrs bringing the total to 60 before the 2015 class.
16 Jrs.
16 Soph
28 Fr

If we sign 25 in 2015 then we will have 85 for 2015. We will lose a few players before 2015 season starts.

We will lose 16 SRs to graduation after 2015. We will most likely lose another 10-15 underclassmen due to attrition by 2016. Players typically leave after 1 or 2 years when they get passed up by a Freshman or can't get playing time. We have 28 rFr and Fr last year, my guess is this number will be down to 18-20 by 2016. We signed 33 in 2012 and are going into year 4 with only 15 left (2 NFL, 1 Juco, 3 Injured, 1 Did Not Enroll, 4 Kicked off, 7 Transfers).

2014 1 (Hester (0))
2013 4 (Lewis (2), Olsen (1), Sandland (1), Figueroa (1))
2012 12 (Blue (2), Hoilett (2), Dortch (2), Hope (2), Dewey (1), Carter (1), Ivery (1), Dillard (1), Thompson (1), Lockhart (1), Terry (1), Briscoe (1), Davis (0), Witt (0))
2011 7 (Ayles (0), Grimble (2), Williams (2), Johnson (2), Paul (2), Alexis (2), Finnie (2))

Last edited:
That's the swag class. That class will be Al's fck you to all the fake fans who doubted him. I hope we give him another extension before spring ball to solidify the class.

What say you, my fambros?

What would Mr. Quarterman do if a new staff was put in place? Hear them out? Look elsewhere? I'm intrigued, are kids committed to the school or the staff?

Advertisement
That's the swag class. That class will be Al's fck you to all the fake fans who doubted him. I hope we give him another extension before spring ball to solidify the class.

What say you, my fambros?
LMAO #canesfam

What would Mr. Quarterman do if a new staff was put in place? Hear them out? Look elsewhere? I'm intrigued, are kids committed to the school or the staff?

kid ends up at Auburn. calling it now.

Ha! This is great. We're ready to move onto the 2016 class already. Trying to pretend 2015 didn't even happen.

He wrote something about that on his junior day thread his wife asked the coaches

Advertisement
I saw the analogy on this board recently about how anyone getting their hopes up about the 2016 class is like Charlie Brown never recognizing that Lucy was always going to pull the football away.

Keep getting your hopes up while Al Golden remains the head coach out our beloved program. If you haven't learned your lesson by now and haven't realized there isn't any tangible cause for optimism that these elite recruits will stick 12 months from now, then you deserve to have the rug pulled out from underneath you.

giphy.gif

I saw the analogy on this board recently about how anyone getting their hopes up about the 2016 class is like Charlie Brown never recognizing that Lucy was always going to pull the football away.

Keep getting your hopes up while Al Golden remains the head coach out our beloved program. If you haven't learned your lesson by now and haven't realized there isn't any tangible cause for optimism that these elite recruits will stick 12 months from now, then you deserve to have the rug pulled out from underneath you.

giphy.gif

Mines.

Advertisement
And guess who the former FSU pipeline coach is at IMG.. Wish all the best for the "U" in recruiting for 2016 but the reality is you only have 372 days left for these other coaches to begin recruiting this vaunted class after another 6/7 season...

And guess who the former FSU pipeline coach is at IMG.. Wish all the best for the "U" in recruiting for 2016 but the reality is you only have 372 days left for these other coaches to begin recruiting this vaunted class after another 6/7 season...

Swag don't flip.

Advertisement

1st - I would give the staff a chance to contact us. (If they are really interested it shouldn't take too long... Took UF 5 days

2nd - If they hadn't made contact ... I would go as far as contacting them... My love for the U

3rd - Meet them in person for the warm and fuzzy. Hear their ideas, views and plans for Shaq future...

I would weigh steps 1 - 3 and try my best to feed the gathered information to Shaq so that he could make a sound decision.

From a recruits point of view its about 85% School to about 15% Coach....I feel kids are committed to the schools parents are more concern about the Coach.

1st - I would give the staff a chance to contact us. (If they are really interested it shouldn't take too long... Took UF 5 days

2nd - If they hadn't made contact ... I would go as far as contacting them... My love for the U

3rd - Meet them in person for the warm and fuzzy. Hear their ideas, views and plans for Shaq future...

I would weigh steps 1 - 3 and try my best to feed the gathered information to Shaq so that he could make a sound decision.

From a recruits point of view its about 85% School to about 15% Coach....I feel kids are committed to the schools parents are more concern about the Coach.

I think the 2016 class has just so many kids whose dream it was to be a Hurricane. And that bodes well for us if Golden is fired.
Unlike the 2015 class, I think most of the 2016 class always knew they wanted to be Hurricanes when they grew up. I mean obviously this year we have Jaquan and patchan, but next year I feel like all but Gil and Rasul will probably be here regardless of coach.

Kids are committed to the possibility/probability of WINNING. Golden is a loser, thus his mediocre recruiting performances. The only thing he had going for him was his slick, used car salesman shtick but even that has begun to wane. We're dying a death of a thousand cuts and Golden is holding the razor blade.

Advertisement
Back