24/7 New post

Advertisement
Again if this school fires the AD for incompetence only to keep a five-loss gimmick coach who's taken the defense backwards then we'll stay mired in mediocrity. It's not the New Miami...it's just more of the same Miami...
Agreed, except in my opinion we're in much higher stakes with this mistake. CFB is changing, coaching salaries are going through the roof and this our chance to finally get back on track and make a solid hire. If we don't do it now we risk another 2-4 years of mediocrity which could be the death nail for the program given the way the CFB landscape is changing. If we continue down this path we will get left out of the big boys table (whatever super conference format they settle on). Everyone else is committed to making their programs competitive except us.

Ive been telling yall this for over a month. Manny will be back and we will hire some dip**** AD.

Keep holding out hope though.
Yeah but you aren’t saying that because you had inside information you’re just doing the wash & repeat assumption for this program after two decades of evidence - which might turn out once again to be correct

Last edited:
**** this administration. **** the players that defend and celebrate finishing 7-5. **** the fans that are okay with and also celebrate mediocrity. **** the boosters, **** everyone associated with decision making with this university. And most of all, **** Manny Diaz and his terrible leadership, coaching, and lack of accountability. Hope the dude gets Lou Gehrig’s disease.

And even if they do get rid of Manny these points still stand. Should’ve been fired after getting shut out by Louisiana Tech in the freaking Independence Bowl lmao. Imagine watching Manny Diaz as DC with Texas and Miami getting **** slapped by an average Wisconsin in the Pinstripe Bowl and saying “that’s my guy”.

Poverty hires=poverty results

Last edited:
Advertisement
They're done posting.

Ppl on here are ****ting on our insiders. So what makes you think they will post info?
And I don't blame em.
Our insiders don’t know anything man . Last week the AD search was done , this week we’re still doing interviews. Last week Manny was done after UNC loss or Mich St loss or whatever, now there’s a chance he might stay . I get folks are thirsty for ANY info but come on now . I think part of being a insider is knowing if what you’re being told by your source is bs or not

Advertisement
Our insiders don’t know anything man . Last week the AD search was done , this week we’re still doing interviews. Last week Manny was done after UNC loss or Mich St loss or whatever, now there’s a chance he might stay . I get folks are thirsty for ANY info but come on now . I think part of being a insider is knowing if what you’re being told by your source is bs or not
everyone was saying Manny would finish the season once he beat nc state. he was getting fired after that game if he lost.
they had a top AD choice, they are concerns. thats it.

Crazy idea:

Wait until something is announced before being outraged.

It's possible they'll ***** up this opportunity, but they have to know that maintaining the status quo is a recipe for disaster.
In fairness, the go to OG insider drops a bomb and runs, you can’t expect people who are frustrated to wait it out while D posts about Florida recruits and defensive players who may leave if manny stays….

Yeah but you aren’t saying that because you had inside information you’re just doing the washroom repeat assumption for this program after two decades of evidence which might turn out once again to be correct
You arent wrong.

20 years has taught me all i need to know. Until i see a real ad hired i wont believe anything. Until i see manny fired i wont believe anything. Until i see a mario or lane hired i wont believe anything.

Advertisement
The people around the program who want to keep Diaz and "surround him with top assistants" don't know much about college football. Who is a top assistant who would want to work for lame duck HC in a toxic environment where pressure is sky high? Unhappy fans, very high expectations, being under the microscope and being part of the last stage of failing experiment?

they were moving for an AD before Blake was canned and there has been contacts to Mario for weeks. this all started after mich state.
Mario is likely the next coach unless there is a snafu. Lane is choice #2. there is no #3. Manny is trying to save his job.
I’m sorry, but what exactly constitutes moving for an AD. Maybe some board members were chatting with people through back channels but it’s bull**** at this point. They were not actively interviewing people and certainly not doing anything that would bring this to a quick decision at the end of the season.

That 247 article absolutely reeks of a PR tactic by a faction of the BoT/admin and using Lakes platform as a vehicle to spread info whether to create public pressure, gauge public interest, try to box out others, counter other info like D$’s tweet etc.

The timing of it is a red flag for starters. Lakes hedging on almost every bit with phrases like I would not expect, as things stand today, it’s my sense…not to mention he admitted in the comments section that it’s just his opinion that it’s Mario or stick with Manny

The message that we won’t hire Jurich but we have strong interest from several exciting candidates just stinks like a sales pitch to the fanbase/donors.

I don’t believe that Manny will be back next year. The folks willing to die on that hill may have money, but they don’t have enough support and there are plenty of other deep pockets on the other side of the aisle.
If Manny was already guaranteed to be back they would’ve sent out a press release already. It’s going to be a long week. Mario championship game is Friday so we will have to wait till then.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back