24/7 article on next wave of superstars: TVD 1st on the list.

Advertisement
km_20211127-3_720p(1)_1.gif

Advertisement
Frankly, TVD's obvious talent and last year's success, have made it even harder to understand why coaches have turned us down for the OC position. This guy, combined with our backs and receivers, will make an OC look better than he actually is.
Understand or believe?!

Advertisement
Frankly, TVD's obvious talent and last year's success, have made it even harder to understand why coaches have turned us down for the OC position. This guy, combined with our backs and receivers, will make an OC look better than he actually is.
It simply boils down to what the HC wants...

There are dozens of OC’s who would take this job with the chance to coach TVD & the offensive weapons we have, but if the HC doesn’t want them they can’t just hire themselves lol.

That was unreal for a first year starter with a turnstile Oline. Cannot wait to watch his career unfold. This guy has GOAT written all over him.

It simply boils down to what the HC wants...

There are dozens of OC’s who would take this job with the chance to coach TVD & the offensive weapons we have, but if the HC doesn’t want them they can’t just hire themselves lol.

Also just wondering where people come to the conclusion that OC's have "turned down" the offer?

SMFH

LCE, perhaps we need to school these folk ....

1. an offer is almost never made to a guy, unless he's already agreed to take it
2. offers can be "declined" if something odd happens in the background or pre-employment check, in which case both parties agree to mutually step away
3. an offer is not made and/or declined, simply because someone's agent says so, or if you just are getting your info on twitter
4. an offer is not made and/or declined, ESPECIALLY if it's just someone's agent who says so
5. not 100% sure, but 99.999% sure, that no formal offer for either the OC or DC jobs has been made
6. the only guy I know for a fact could have the OC/QB coach job IF (and a BIG IF) he wants it, is Ken Dorsey

Other than that, folks can feel free to light up the board with whatever they want

Advertisement
Also just wondering where people come to the conclusion that OC's have "turned down" the offer?

SMFH

LCE, perhaps we need to school these folk ....

1. an offer is almost never made to a guy, unless he's already agreed to take it
2. offers can be "declined" if something odd happens in the background or pre-employment check, in which case both parties agree to mutually step away
3. an offer is not made and/or declined, simply because someone's agent says so, or if you just are getting your info on twitter
4. an offer is not made and/or declined, ESPECIALLY if it's just someone's agent who says so
5. not 100% sure, but 99.999% sure, that no formal offer for either the OC or DC jobs has been made
6. the only guy I know for a fact could have the OC/QB coach job IF (and a BIG IF) he wants it, is Ken Dorsey

Other than that, folks can feel free to light up the board with whatever they want

Mike Ryan reported that candle had an offer and said no.

considering his track record, id say hes pretty accurate on a lot.

I assume Mario is waiting on Dorsey to give him a no

Mike Ryan reported that candle had an offer and said no.

considering his track record, id say hes pretty accurate on a lot.

I assume Mario is waiting on Dorsey to give him a no

he's better than most, but what likely would have happened is this .... (and I'm totally paraphrasing)

Mario: "I know you're a head coach, but would you want to be considered for the OC/QB coach position?"

Candle: "Let me think about it"

Mario: "OK, talking with a bunch of folks and wanted to know if you wanted to talk as well. I realize it would be an out of the box idea, but we can discuss how it might work, and if you want, set up a meet with (Insert AD and Mirabal, and the other offensive staff members)"

Candle: "Thanks. Will mull it over, and call you later"

LATER THE NEXT DAY:

Candle: "Probably not the right thing for me at this time, but appreciate you reaching out. Thanks. Let's stay in contact."

Mario: "Understood. We'll keep in touch."

That's not a negotiation with an offer. That's a "will it waste our times to talk about it, and have you interview with some of my guys?" Which is what I said in my post above is how it works.

Advertisement
Back