Portal 24-25 transfers (Basketball)

Advertisement
I wanted Nwoko to be something but he’s a weird tweener. Not big or bouncy enough to lack outside shooting or some semblance of being a facilitator on the offensive end, and also not big or long enough to lack the ability to switch out on smaller guys defensively. I’m not sure exactly what his role looks like on a good team.

Also, absolutely hilarious that he’s listed at 6’10

Anyone wanna give me any apologies for dogging me out about me being extremely skeptical about Casey in the offseason/preseason last year? Saying he had a lot to improve upon? Or nah? Feeling super vindicated about right now...

Anyone wanna give me any apologies for dogging me out about me being extremely skeptical about Casey in the offseason/preseason last year? Saying he had a lot to improve upon? Or nah? Feeling super vindicated about right now...
I was catching **** earlier this season for having the nerve to say he looked like the game was way too fast for him still.

Advertisement
We essentially played one big and got to the Final Four. We then added another big in Nwoko that supposed to contribute and took him far longer to find his footing.

If Kansas taught us anything, it was we were grossly undersized and Omeir in foul trouble meant we were cooked. We should have gone after Cohen or some starting level big. Omeir is barely a big...

Don't love the 3 point FG percentage or assist to turnover but he can certainly get to the rim and would be a really fun backcourt pairing with Bethea.

Advertisement
We essentially played one big and got to the Final Four. We then added another big in Nwoko that supposed to contribute and took him far longer to find his footing.
And that "big man" was under 6'6, which doesn't even count as a "big" does it? Not in my book anyway.

If we're talking about inability to "play up to an expected level," that happens all the time with recruits. At every school. never thought High School recruiting was Coach Ls strong point --at Mason or here.

But ... getting two different teams to a Final Four is pretty good testament to getting the job done with transfers/JUCos and now Portal guys.
L has also done a good job of developing guys, provided they have the maturity and work ethic to work with him. You have to have that old school work ethic if you want to survive under L, and a lot of times, it's older players that respond well to his leadership style and how he runs the program. The young guys that have done well under L are usually kids that have some edge to them, not an accident that Wong, Miller and others have thrived under the guy, because they are mentally tough as ****. You can't be soft around L, not because he's some kind of hardass(he isn't), but because he is going to give it to you straight, and he's not going to play games with the team.

But I was told that the staff doesn’t value size!!!!
Yep, it's almost like a lot of our fans don't know a **** thing, and the future HOFer leading the program has a good grasp on what he needs in order to win. L knows he needs size, that's been our issue for years, he tried to lean into the speed thing, but it's tough to depend on speed when you don't have waves of bodies to throw at people and then the depth breaks down.

Advertisement
I’m guessing we lose George, Pack and Wooga too. That puts us at 4 returning scholarship players assuming Matt and Ormier come back (Jakai, Djobet) plus 3 incoming

Advertisement
Wish Nwoku wouldve stayed to see how he could develop, but we can upgrade in portal.
I have a feeling that he didn't like what he was told in the exit interview and GTFOed. Maybe he was told "You are going to redshirt next year", and he didn't like it. Dude needs a ton of work to reach his potential.

Advertisement
Back