Portal 24-25 transfers (Basketball)

They are "casualties" of their own inept play and lack of skill. L's "contribution" was in poor evaluation.
This guy has some morbid obsession for blaming Larranaga for not playing younger players when it's clear that guys like Watson and Casey had no business doing so. Wong played over 20 MPG as a true freshman and took over as a starter midseason yet there's no mention of that anywhere

Advertisement
This guy has some morbid obsession for blaming Larranaga for not playing younger players when it's clear that guys like Watson and Casey had no business doing so. Wong played over 20 MPG as a true freshman and took over as a starter midseason yet there's no mention of that anywhere
I don't get his obsession, but I do think it's fair to wonder why Nwoko wasn't playing more earlier in the season in some of those garbage time cupcake games

9 mins vs. NJIT in a 40+ point win
13 vs. Long Island
10 vs. Stonehill
8 vs. north florida

It may have helped get Nwoko more ACC ready to give him 20+ minutes in these games. In general, it felt like he was underutilized this season. We ran Omier into the ground, and that started to show up late in the season (missed a lot more 3's and FT's late, likely due to tired legs).

I don't get his obsession, but I do think it's fair to wonder why Nwoko wasn't playing more earlier in the season in some of those garbage time cupcake games

9 mins vs. NJIT in a 40+ point win
13 vs. Long Island
10 vs. Stonehill
8 vs. north florida

It may have helped get Nwoko more ACC ready to give him 20+ minutes in these games. In general, it felt like he was underutilized this season. We ran Omier into the ground, and that started to show up late in the season (missed a lot more 3's and FT's late, likely due to tired legs).
He looked completely lost in the non-conference and had issues catching the ball, getting stripped, etc. I get throwing him out there against bad teams but is it worth him losing confidence over if he doesn't play well?

He looked completely lost in the non-conference and had issues catching the ball, getting stripped, etc. I get throwing him out there against bad teams but is it worth him losing confidence over if he doesn't play well?
Not playing Nwoko also hurt his confidence. Kid's body language completely changed after being taken out of the rotation. No question in my mind that Nwoko should've played more and L should've let him play through some of his mistakes, particularly in the blowout wins.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Really need for these losers on our team to start announcing their intentions so we can start pursuing reinforcements

Got to looking...wouldn't mind if Robbie Avila aka "Cream Abdul-Jabbar" decides to portal out of Indiana St. 6'10/240 C who plays like a chill Euro player? Dad bod and goggles aside, I'm down with it. He's just a Sophomore.

Really need for these losers on our team to start announcing their intentions so we can start pursuing reinforcements
That's what we did wrong last year. Just bring guys in. Whoever sees the comp and leaves, leaves. If they can get more playing time or money elsewhere, then have at it.

That's what we did wrong last year. Just bring guys in. Whoever sees the comp and leaves, leaves. If they can get more playing time or money elsewhere, then have at it.
Not sure if you understand how scholarships work. We need guys to leave so spots free up.

Advertisement
Advertisement
They aren't pulling scholarships lol
Who said anything about pulling? A better tern would be nudging. LOL!

Those post season conversations between coach and player are very important to a kids plans and sometimes maybe hurtful. But the correct words will make the message clear.

There are simply players on this team who don't belong in the ACC. Coach knows that and some of the players are probably coming to that realization (Casey, Robinson) for starters.

Coach should start deciding the players he wants to keep and the players that he wants to recruit so he can hit the ground running.

We need space for the 3 guys coming in. You drop 2 present kids you have 1 portal spot already. Depending on the talent level and position of player you bring in others may leave as well.

He should get moving as soon as its legal. This game has become semi pro so I'm no longer concerned with players feelings being hurt.

Last edited:
Spring Break was this week so I'd imagine exit meetings are happening/will be happening this weekend/early next week. We'll start hearing things this week for sure.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back