Portal 24-25 transfers (Basketball)

Advertisement
Not sure what’s going on with Dillon Mitchell, or if there’s any targets we’re in the mix for. Things have been super quiet
He visited Cincinnati this week and apparently UNC is trying to get involved and potentially others. I sincerely hope we aren't going to get into a bidding war for a guy that probably wants to start but also doesn't really fit into our starting lineup given his lack of shooting ability.

With the portal window closed, there has been a recalibration of the market so you aren't seeing as many available players making decisions given teams are circling back around on guys, as I'm sure we are as well. That said, coverage of Miami basketball sucks so we aren't getting nuggets from any outlets.

Mitchell is now visiting Auburn so have to think he’s shopping around for the biggest bag at this point. Def think the ship has sailed.

Advertisement
****. Would’ve loved to add someone with his size and athleticism.
Honestly not sure how he fits in the starting lineup given who's in there already. He can't shoot a lick. Maybe if he was willing to come off the bench but doesn't appear to be his preference.

Honestly thought the ship had sailed given how much time has passed since he visited. The Auburn side doesn't seem as confident given they had to spend quite a bit to keep guys like Johni Broome from going to the NBA. That said, they essentially finished second in his recruitment out of high school so I would think they're going to be tough to beat.

Advertisement
Kiree Huie from Idaho State is visiting today. 6'9 220 with one year of eligibility left. Averaged 11 and 6 and a block per game on 54% in 27%. Don't think this would preclude us for landing Mitchell since Huie is more of a backup to Kidd.

Finally an update! That’s pretty encouraging news. I don’t know much about Auburn or Cincy’s rosters. If either offers a clear path to a starting position, that could give them the edge. Unless that’s not a must for Mitchell.
I believe it is and it doesn’t sound like that would be guaranteed there

Advertisement
Apparently he was trying to get himself to St. John's after he visited Miami but they made him visit unofficially. Cincinatti side isn't sure where they stand as I read their boards and Auburn had a SMU forward transfer on campus yesterday. It sounds like Mitchell would be coming off the bench if he went to Auburn, which I'm not sure he wants to do.

Advertisement
Dug into Huie a bit more. Was 3rd team all-Big Sky on an Idaho State team that wasn't very good. Interest from Clemson, FAU and Seton Hall but don't believe he's visited anywhere yet pre-Miami. He'd be a nice defensive changeup off the bench to Kidd, who's a lot more offensively gifted.

FG percentage for someone who doesn't shoot 3's is a tad lower than I'd like (sub 54%) and his FT % is horrendous (59%). That said, he's athletic and long and blocks shots. Still think we'd need another big in the rotation to eat up minutes since I probably wouldn't want Huie playing more than 15-18 minutes per game.

Bit out of left field but apparently we are in on Miles Kelly from Georgia Tech. Multi-year starter at GT and 14 ppg last year.
That would be odd, we already have guaranteed starting guards (Pack & Blackmon). Plus Bethea gonna get some minutes cause of his pedigree. Where exactly would Miles Kelly fit into that picture.

Advertisement
Back