If Randy were still here

5Ringz

Thunderdome
Would this investigation be a lot rougher on us than it is right now. It seems Golden is a master of PR and making the right statements at the right time. Would we be in a huge amount of trouble right now if Randy were stil making a mockery out of the english language during press conferences regarding this these allegations?

Advertisement
Randy didn't really make a mockery out of the English language, he simply butchered it. On occasion, it comes to my attention that the Queen's English is my second language. I don't have a first.

The real problem would be the alleged violating coaches still here. I think Randy really tried to run a clean operation here and I have high respect for him for that. But it only takes one or two rogue assistants cutting corners, and you're royally screwed and tattoo'd.

That's why it's critical to assemble a coaching crew and demand compliance, and then recruit not just talent, but kids who aren't prima donnas, gimme-gimme-gimme's, selfish-self-important-********, I'm-above-the-rules, and show-me-the-money types, and then stress every week if not every day on the dangers of playing fast and loose with the rules to these players.

You can't push just one button or even two. You have to push all the buttons all the time, and many of these problems will not even get a toe-hold.

If Randy were still here we would have about 75 guys on scholarship.

I would be the equivalent of watching a car accident.

The more he was flustered, ****ed off, or stressed the worse he'd sound. If he was just kicking back and chatting, he wouldn't have said nearly the amount of lolworthy things he did, but if he had the full court press on him, oh man....

Advertisement
our starting QB would be teddy b. and we would have 1 cornerback on the roster. haha

but i think if randy was still here the investigation would be alot rougher. golden does a great job with the media and knows how to get his point across.

TCU's linebackers would be **** out of luck in terms of development and strength gains...

Advertisement
Tracey Howard would be playing for the gates, Bush for Auburn, Crawford for G. Tech, Lockhart for VT, and countless others not mentioned would not be in the orange and green.

Tracey Howard would be playing for the gates, Bush for Auburn, Crawford for G. Tech, Lockhart for VT, and countless others not mentioned would not be in the orange and green.

but we would of had teddy...eli... duke..chick..etc...

Last edited:
Advertisement

Dallas Crawford - Michigan

Antonio Crawford - GaTech

Nate Dortch - UNC

Blue - VT

Lockhart - VT

Howard - UF

Bush - Auburn

McCord - USC

Artie Burns - LSU

Jamal Carter - FSU

Kevin Olsen - WHITE QUARTABAKK????? LULZ

And so on

Look at it this way.

Can anyone name one thing, any one single facet of this program, that would be "better" by any objective measure if Randy still were here?

I thought so.

Would this investigation be a lot rougher on us than it is right now. It seems Golden is a master of PR and making the right statements at the right time. Would we be in a huge amount of trouble right now if Randy were stil making a mockery out of the english language during press conferences regarding this these allegations?

Dallas Crawford - Michigan

Antonio Crawford - GaTech

Nate Dortch - UNC

Blue - VT

Lockhart - VT

Howard - UF

Bush - Auburn

McCord - USC

Artie Burns - LSU

Jamal Carter - FSU

Kevin Olsen - WHITE QUARTABAKK????? LULZ

And so on

Add no Briscoe or Ivory to that and we would be about 6 deep on the DL again. Chick would be a 3 technique by default ala Vegas Franklin and all 245 lbs. of him.

Advertisement
as it relates to the investigation shouldn't discount the off field people Randy knows in helping keep things quiet. and definitely wouldn't have had Ray Ray tweeting out dumb things if the no twitting (or whatever Randy used to call it) rule was still in place. But having Stoutland, Coach P and Hill potentially still on the staff wouldn't have helped anything. but who knows they might have stayed quiet if they were still Cane coaches instead of squealing. thus harder to get things that matched up certain allegations. ultimately depends on how much damning info came from former coaches who might have stayed quiet if still on staff.

How the **** were we losing so much with how well we were breaking the rules supposedly according to Charles Robinson

How the **** were we losing so much with how well we were breaking the rules supposedly according to Charles Robinson

only supposed to shower winning teams/players with gifts. can't give them out to average players or they start thinking they are really good. Shapiro might have stole their competitive edge from them. I'm sticking to it. We should get extra schollies because of the dude instead of them taken away.

Advertisement
Back