23 Mock Class

Hurricane Hero

Recruit
It’s my Friday, feeling good watching Always Sunny, let’s do a mock class. I used the class calculator on 247 and screenshots for it. This would be a top 5 class based on the 2022 team rankings.
A03AFB43-72FD-4CC0-B433-9BDE88F4422D.jpeg
16858237-6F27-4E68-BE69-1AC7619A393A.jpeg
4734B8FE-DAB9-4928-A51B-3E772FE26345.jpeg
4A95FFD5-BEF9-4B45-985A-380ED11E9C39.jpeg
0BCF99CE-B8CB-42CE-865B-DA671AF2BEAF.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
Advertisement
It’s my Friday, feeling good watching Always Sunny, let’s do a mock class. I used the class calculator on 247 and screenshots for it. This would be a top 5 class based on the 2022 team rankings.
Not sure about Walker and Kirkland, but it's a new Day!

ResizedP_0bf36088-bb81-4c52-95ed-9ff3d3f27e57_358428300389049.gif

Advertisement
It’s my Friday, feeling good watching Always Sunny, let’s do a mock class. I used the class calculator on 247 and screenshots for it. This would be a top 5 class based on the 2022 team rankings.View attachment 196536View attachment 196537View attachment 196538View attachment 196539View attachment 196540

I'm a broken record, but you have to throw out "based on the 2022 team rankings" this year. Because of no 25 cap there are going to be a lot of big classes (30+ kids) and bigger scores than in the past. So a 300 that got you top 5 last year might have you at 10-12 (just an example).

Advertisement
I'm a broken record, but you have to throw out "based on the 2022 team rankings" this year. Because of no 25 cap there are going to be a lot of big classes (30+ kids) and bigger scores than in the past. So a 300 that got you top 5 last year might have you at 10-12 (just an example).
UGA signed 30 last cycle for a 318 score.
A&M also signed 30 last cycle for a 333 score.

UGA signed 30 last cycle for a 318 score.
A&M also signed 30 last cycle for a 333 score.

Yeah so if they were able to pull those off with a "25 cap" I think you are going to see average class sizes up there, and past outliers like those above 35. Everything will slide up this year, proportionally IMO.

I really want to celebrate but I'd feel a little weird acting like the gator jinxing themselves with mad mock classes.

so-

pcGx0aV.gif

Would love that class!!

Advertisement
They may be bigger classes but they still gonna have to be below 85. So maybe u take 3 or 4 extra players. But even last cycle teams at the top had 28, one had like 30 and we had only like 16. Also with the portal loading up on marginal kids might not be so enticing. Now teams like Ohio and Bama, even us.....look how many OL we have, we may be tempted. They have to balance huge numbers with attrition.

They may be bigger classes but they still gonna have to be below 85. So maybe u take 3 or 4 extra players. But even last cycle teams at the top had 28, one had like 30 and we had only like 16. Also with the portal loading up on marginal kids might not be so enticing. Now teams like Ohio and Bama, even us.....look how many OL we have, we may be tempted. They have to balance huge numbers with attrition.

But you can push out as many kids as you want, push kids INTO the portal as well, to make room in your 85. I'm not talking about Washington State trying to take 35 marginal kids, I'm talking about the top recruiting programs like OSU, Bama, UGA, TAMU and god willing, now Miami who normally turn some great players away saying yes to a lot more. Recruiting is a crap shoot. As many kids bust as don't. You can stack more chips now and then push out the ones that don't develop. We're going to see a lot of churning going forward.

I would have liked one elite portal WR for this season. Maybe not Addison level but close. Throw in same for LB & you couldn't tell me we won't win NOW. Either way, this is fun again. LG!

But you can push out as many kids as you want, push kids INTO the portal as well, to make room in your 85. I'm not talking about Washington State trying to take 35 marginal kids, I'm talking about the top recruiting programs like OSU, Bama, UGA, TAMU and god willing, now Miami who normally turn some great players away saying yes to a lot more. Recruiting is a crap shoot. As many kids bust as don't. You can stack more chips now and then push out the ones that don't develop. We're going to see a lot of churning going forward.
I know but what am saying, the numbers from last cycle....UGA and A&M took 30 players, Bama took 26 and Texas took 28. That's 4 of the top 5. So what am saying is they been taking alot of players. Thats over 100 players between 4 schools, add Ohio who took 21 and the other schools like us and Tennessee who started bleeding into the elite kids and thats pretty much all the elite kids gone. So then there wont be alot of elite kids left over to bloat the class and get rid of kids on the roster. I mean not more than what they are doing already. Maybe 33 instead of 30.

Advertisement
Back