23 Fourth Quarter Points

Rellyrell

Heisman Winner
Premium
Given up in a little over 8 minutes, at home, against a rebuilding and very bad Nebraska team. Fluke or Trend for remainder of season?

Advertisement
I've hated on Golden plenty in my day, and he deserves some flack, but the officiating screwed the team over big time in the 4th quarter. We had 2 or 3 TD's taken off the board for phantom holds and the drives died. Our punter is murdered, they don't call roughing, Al gets upset, and the ref has his feelings hurt by Al and flags him. Scott made 3 football moves and still didn't get his catch reversed correctly. Nebraska cgot away with very blatant holds all night that led to some big plays.

However, Al needs to be more cutthroat. We got too cute and seemed to be practicing our passing game too much and not actually trying to close a game. The 4th and 1 at their 10, Al needs to go for that and make it 37-10. And D'Ono, called a good game for the most part, especially by his standards, but he went into his dumb cover 3 shell the last 10 minutes and look what happened.

There are plenty of positives to look at in the game, but the way the game ended, I'm too mentally exhausted to even try and focus on them right now. Al deserves some flack, the staff does for sure, but I can't lie, they were royally screwed by the zebras in the 4th.

Al cant coach, get it through your thick heads

All he needed to do was run time off the clock with the running game and this game is over.

Cannot believe he did not kick the ball immediately in overtime, mind boggling.

Advertisement
Capture.jpg

Given up in a little over 8 minutes, at home, against a rebuilding and very bad Nebraska team. Fluke or Trend for remainder of season?

Neither. Other teams will put up 23 points in each half. UM won't have to worry about Folden in the 4th quarter. The game will be already decided.

I've hated on Golden plenty in my day, and he deserves some flack, but the officiating screwed the team over big time in the 4th quarter. We had 2 or 3 TD's taken off the board for phantom holds and the drives died. Our punter is murdered, they don't call roughing, Al gets upset, and the ref has his feelings hurt by Al and flags him. Scott made 3 football moves and still didn't get his catch reversed correctly. Nebraska cgot away with very blatant holds all night that led to some big plays.

However, Al needs to be more cutthroat. We got too cute and seemed to be practicing our passing game too much and not actually trying to close a game. The 4th and 1 at their 10, Al needs to go for that and make it 37-10. And D'Ono, called a good game for the most part, especially by his standards, but he went into his dumb cover 3 shell the last 10 minutes and look what happened.

There are plenty of positives to look at in the game, but the way the game ended, I'm too mentally exhausted to even try and focus on them right now. Al deserves some flack, the staff does for sure, but I can't lie, they were royally screwed by the zebras in the 4th.

Dobards hold was bs but the others were legit . The only other one was maybe the running into the punter . But fans always think they're getting screwed

Advertisement
Neither. ****** Calls and BS reffing. Golden sucks but this was not on him. Anyone who says otherwise didn't see it unfold in real time. Complete BS officiating.

So the pancake block was a legit hold? No, the refs took 14+ points off the board. Nebraska was grabbing jerseys all night and never getting called for it. Look, I don't exactly have a lot of faith in the staff, but the refs were awful. Homer glasses on or not, they screwed over Miami all 4th quarter and there's no doubt about it. Take the phantom holds away and it would've been 41-10 with 10 minutes to go. Instead we got called for 8 or 9 penalties in one quarter which let Nebraska back in the game.

Like I've said, the staff messed up and deserves some blame, but the men in stripes were really why Nebraska got back into it. Every play that went Miami's way had a flag for some reason. And then the replays cleared absolutely nothing up.

The second targeting call one of our DEs was held like crazy and basically dragged to the ground by his neck area.

I originally thought that was the flag.

Advertisement
Yep...always someone else...players didn't tackle...players didn't block....now it's the refs.
Amazing that it's never Golden. He is just the unluckiest coach ever.

Yep...always someone else...players didn't tackle...players didn't block....now it's the refs.
Amazing that it's never Golden. He is just the unluckiest coach ever.
I sorta agree. If we could bring down the qb and finish plays, the game wouldnt be close.

Advertisement
Back