22 in July?

Mixed feelings about having so many but it does give us the advantage watching how their senior seasons play out and make adjustments .

Daz
Denis
Walker
Would put us at 25.
We are in it with several guys we could never say no to, even last minute. There is going to be some attrition.

Anybody know how many we can sign. New rules BS.

Advertisement
I love the way Diaz is recruiting now you have fight for the big fish for the last 2 spots. Flowe, Washington. And if u strikeout you have kids in soflo that can take the spot regardless of position

Advertisement
Advertisement
Mixed feelings about having so many but it does give us the advantage watching how their senior seasons play out and make adjustments .

Daz
Denis
Walker
Would put us at 25.
We are in it with several guys we could never say no to, even last minute. There is going to be some attrition.

The more wins we have, the more "decommitments" you will see from the bottom of this class as we replace some of the bottom guys with bigger fish.

We are right where a top 10 program should be right now. Coming off a 7-6 season. With a first year head coach. And a staff that can't recruit.

LMFAO.

Just win, the rest will take care of itself.

I think we will sign 27 in this class. We have the 25 initial counters and then I believe we can count two early enrollees to last years class.

Edit: It would require a few transfers or early exits though
I see a few on the roster that Manny could nudge out.

As long as we continue to evaluate throughout the season and shift late bloomers in and stagnant players out, I'm whatever about it. The biggest key in this new era of early signing period is initial evaluation and whether we can accurately project physical and emotional growth.

We should de-prioritize the Texas HS DE who's reaped the benefits of college-level facilities and is already 6' 3" 240 pounds, dominating HS students versus the 6' 4" 218 pound Florida HS DE who's not yet been properly fed, hasn't seen a college-level S&C program, but runs a 4.3 shuttle and can grab a bottle of soda in the kitchen while sitting on his couch. This is just an example.

Advertisement

Daz
Denis
Walker
Would put us at 25.

Alabama has 22 in July and they typically end up with a top 3 class. Not saying we have the same caliber class, but I don’t think it’s necessarily a bad recipe.

The positive is they have a solid class & just want a few pieces to complete it. If not level talent wants in they will find away.

Kids are taking OVs in the spring now. That never happened with the old calendar. Everything is accelerated now. A lot of kids want this process over by the time their senior season starts because there’s virtually no time to make decisions after if you’re going to sign early. This is all new to everyone. And plus I’d bet you a lot of money at least 3-4 kids on Miami’s list now will not sign with Miami.

Advertisement
Manny has a plan; some of these lower rated guys might get bumped out, honestly.

Manny doesn’t strike me as the good ship lollipop, type of coach. He’s making sure he has a A, B, & C plan. But if plan A wants in, then plan B & C might get bumped out. All I hear from him is wanting to bring in guys who want to be Canes, but also guys he feels will help put us back to where we belong. So no need to worry about the size of the class as of today; they are obviously still recruiting at certain positions, so that’s a sign we are not completely satisfied right now. I think we are done at DL, but LB we are still not fully satisfied, DB, WR, TE, and OL. Manny got some big fish in his scope. I highly doubt we end up w our dangalang in our hand this season.

Bet he’s sending “hey big head” text to Flowe right now. Lol.

I think we will sign 27 in this class. We have the 25 initial counters and then I believe we can count two early enrollees to last years class.

Edit: It would require a few transfers or early exits though
I think we only applied one EE from 2019 to 2018, so we are stuck at 26 for 2020 if we have to count Asa. He did enroll, so I’m counting him, but if there is a loophole here then we would have 27 initial counters for 2020. The thing is we only have 13 seniors and 80 on scholarship, so we would need to drop nine of our current underclassmen to stay below 85 scholarships. Tyrec Martin is an obvious candidate since he was recruited for another scheme. Brian Polendy and Derek Smith are the only ones who look even close to that situation. Jeff Thomas and Jon Garvin are the only ones who look like they might be NFL ready after this season, but one or both could still end up returning. There are too many unknowns for a prediction at this point, but if both leave along with the three who aren’t expected to be significant contributors, plus somebody gets kicked off the team at some point for off field issues, that leaves us needing to get scholarships back from three more underclassmen. We gave two to former walkons. My hope is that they were told they were given the scholarships for one year because we had extra, but they are not expected to get renewed if we don’t have extra in 2020. At that point we are down to 86 and there is still a chance that somebody will leave for the NFL way too early like Joe Yearby or a second guy could get dismissed for off field issues. That’s what can keep us under 85.

As long as we continue to evaluate throughout the season and shift late bloomers in and stagnant players out, I'm whatever about it. The biggest key in this new era of early signing period is initial evaluation and whether we can accurately project physical and emotional growth.

We should de-prioritize the Texas HS DE who's reaped the benefits of college-level facilities and is already 6' 3" 240 pounds, dominating HS students versus the 6' 4" 218 pound Florida HS DE who's not yet been properly fed, hasn't seen a college-level S&C program, but runs a 4.3 shuttle and can grab a bottle of soda in the kitchen while sitting on his couch. This is just an example.

That you Butch?

I think we only applied one EE from 2019 to 2018, so we are stuck at 26 for 2020 if we have to count Asa. He did enroll, so I’m counting him, but if there is a loophole here then we would have 27 initial counters for 2020. The thing is we only have 13 seniors and 80 on scholarship, so we would need to drop nine of our current underclassmen to stay below 85 scholarships. Tyrec Martin is an obvious candidate since he was recruited for another scheme. Brian Polendy and Derek Smith are the only ones who look even close to that situation. Jeff Thomas and Jon Garvin are the only ones who look like they might be NFL ready after this season, but one or both could still end up returning. There are too many unknowns for a prediction at this point, but if both leave along with the three who aren’t expected to be significant contributors, plus somebody gets kicked off the team at some point for off field issues, that leaves us needing to get scholarships back from three more underclassmen. We gave two to former walkons. My hope is that they were told they were given the scholarships for one year because we had extra, but they are not expected to get renewed if we don’t have extra in 2020. At that point we are down to 86 and there is still a chance that somebody will leave for the NFL way too early like Joe Yearby or a second guy could get dismissed for off field issues. That’s what can keep us under 85.

We can find the room for 27. Some kids will transfer due to playing time too. Definitely not a barrier to filling this class.

Advertisement
Back