2027 Roster Discussion

We don't have a roster spot for him, sadly. I would drop Lofgren for him, but we have over 20+ pitchers at the moment
Yea that makes zero sense when they will be dropping guys following fall, and in general dont have problems dropping kids period. You add a good arm and you drop your worst arm. Simple team building.
 
Yea that makes zero sense when they will be dropping guys following fall, and in general dont have problems dropping kids period. You add a good arm and you drop your worst arm. Simple team building.
It's not 100% that he's gone, it's more of a financial thing than roster spot wise. Gotta find a way to put a competitive deal together before another team snags him
 
It's not 100% that he's gone, it's more of a financial thing than roster spot wise. Gotta find a way to put a competitive deal together before another team snags him
I’ve stated this many times. But my total disappointment in the hiring of Jd was slightly subsided by the narrative that JD will have very good backing. As the years have went on I simply do not feel that has been the case. Can you speak on this. We can’t find the money for a Glidewell type prospect when our roster is filled with mediocre prospects? Just doesn’t add up
 
I’ve stated this many times. But my total disappointment in the hiring of Jd was slightly subsided by the narrative that JD will have very good backing. As the years have went on I simply do not feel that has been the case. Can you speak on this. We can’t find the money for a Glidewell type prospect when our roster is filled with mediocre prospects? Just doesn’t add up
To be fair I'd be pretty critical on this normally, comparing to the high-end ACC and SEC for example.

But we did spend in the portal and got nearly all of the targeted guys (Does that mean I agree with the targets, we'll see 🤷‍♂️ ). Add in keeping some unexpected prep kids (Shepard, Kitura, etc) and adding an Anthony Murphy as a last-minute 2026, all of that likely took up our NIL pool. Plenty of teams are scrambling to scrape together deals for players
 
To be fair I'd be pretty critical on this normally, comparing to the high-end ACC and SEC for example.

But we did spend in the portal and got nearly all of the targeted guys (Does that mean I agree with the targets, we'll see 🤷‍♂️ ). Add in keeping some unexpected prep kids (Shepard, Kitura, etc) and adding an Anthony Murphy as a last-minute 2026, all of that likely took up our NIL pool. Plenty of teams are scrambling to scrape together deals for players
If we did spend our nil pool, this is a situation the coach HAS to be able to sell donors on one last piece that fell in our lap and instant improves the pitching roster.
 
Is Michal Kovala the pitcher from that loaded Phillies Scout Team that had Max Clark, Elijah Green, and Druw Jones? Also, presumably there will be cuts after fall ball? I counted 42 guys.
 
Back
Top