njsbshzvshsn
Freshman
- Joined
- Jun 17, 2025
- Messages
- 145
I would like to note hearing Evans is available for a 5th year. Do we try to bring him back or is it unlikely
He’s already posted a goodbye message on Twitter.I would like to note hearing Evans is available for a 5th year. Do we try to bring him back or is it unlikely
He’s already posted a goodbye message on Twitter.
I’d be advising him to do the same thing. Fantastic that he has the leverage of an extra year though - I hope he uses it squeeze as much bonus money out of the team that signs him as he can.Jeez he wanted out of the fire.
After that performance, it better be higher than 0.00%.0.00% he’s getting one more. Our only hope is crash and burn starting Wednesday for the next 12 months.What are the odds we think JD gets fired, if we have a bad postseason? I’m leaning that we don’t fire him no matter what just because we are ADless. If JD wasn’t a Miami guy then maybe Prez Ech would personally pull the trigger.
Here’s all the names in the portal, I was waiting until they announced first:Jake Lodgek, Mikey Fernandez and Bennett Gary have announced entering the portal
Tate is also in the portal
Should be up to date. I’ve been a little in and out the last couple weeks, so let me know if I’ve missed anything.Eligibility Remaining, Not Draft Eligible (12)
C Alonzo Alvarez
2B Jailen Watkins
SS Brandon DeGoti
3B Gabriel Milano
OF Fabio Peralta
OF Michael Torres
OF/RHP Dylan Dubovik
RHP Erick Peralta
RHP AJ Ciscar
RHP Sebastian Santos-Olson
RHP Lazaro Collera
LHP Jack Durso
Eligibility Remaining, Draft Eligibile (8)
C Alex Sosa*
SS Vance Sheahan
3B Daniel Cuvet*
RHP TJ Coats
RHP Michael Taylor
RHP Brixton Lofgren
LHP Rob Evans*
LHP Frank Menendez
Portal In (11)
1B Dawson Harman
SS Trey King
3B Braeden Schnabel
OF Trent Caraway
RHP Mason Horwat
RHP Skyler Hutto
RHP Dylan Mulcahy
RHP Blake Morningstar
RHP Jack Ensell
RHP Michal Kovala
RHP Kaden Varela-Payne
LHP Chase Swift
Recruits (12)
C Devin Diaz
SS Jacob Lombard *
SS Rookie Shepard
3B Rafael Diaz
OF Jon Mora
OF Trenton Ramsey
OF Easton Kitura
RHP Ivan Sabater
RHP Ty Van Valkenburg
RHP Andrew Gette
LHP Gio Rojas*
LHP Ian Tosi
Honored on Senior Night (9)
C Jackson Hugus
1B Brylan West
2B Jake Ogden
OF Derek Williams
OF Max Galvin
LHP Jake Dorn
RHP ***** Bradley-Cooney
RHP Lyndon Glidewell
RHP Ryan Bilka
Portal Out (9)
1B Cian Copeland
1B Donovan Jeffrey
OF Mason Greenhouse
OF Bennett Gary
RHP Nick Robert
RHP Tate DeRias
RHP Jake Lodgek
LHP Lonzo Drummond
LHP Michael Fernandez
Lost to MLB Draft (TBD)
What's your take on this portal class? This feels like a middling ACC roster to me, and as others have mentioned, w several projects that have potential but also big question marks.Should be up to date. I’ve been a little in and out the last couple weeks, so let me know if I’ve missed anything.
Don't know what your take is on Morningstar but he could be selected and sign.What's your take on this portal class? This feels like a middling ACC roster to me, and as others have mentioned, w several projects that have potential but also big question marks.
And it doesn't seem like the draft will yield any surprises or hurt the roster much, unless someone takes a risk on Menendez in the late rounds.
That would be a big boost if a Cuvet, Evans, etc returned but I just don't see it. The excitement around the program right now seems non-existent the way the season ended.Don't know what your take is on Morningstar but he could be selected and sign.
Guessing Rob Evans is the other major piece to the puzzle that isn't being discussed as much based on where he's drafted and coming back or not.
Did Robert enter strictly for leverage? Don't think he's coming back and some have alluded to it being about JD moreso than anything. TBD but he could come back.
Cuvet is intriguing too. Don't think he goes anywhere remotely high and he should come back and hit his way into a higher slot value. Would be well worth it for him IMO.
Definitely doesn't look too bright but I like the pieces we've added. I don't expect Omaha but anything can happen in May/June. Just have to be competent and get in the field and get hot.That would be a big boost if a Cuvet, Evans, etc returned but I just don't see it. The excitement around the program right now seems non-existent the way the season ended.
And I think that comes into play in a player's thought process, but would be happy to be wrong.
Fair assessment ... we'll know more two weeks from now, I suppose.Definitely doesn't look too bright but I like the pieces we've added. I don't expect Omaha but anything can happen in May/June. Just have to be competent and get in the field and get hot.
There are tools. Banking on bounce back and development. The ACC is weaker in general for guys like Caraway to rebound.
We laugh at assuming guys will develop under our staff but some do it naturally and we're adding older pieces. A guy like Schnabel who is 6'7 225 and doesn't hit for power.. he may get in with Nick Soto and turn into a 15+ HR guy with nothing added from Coach Ming. These D2 kids may get into a real S&C program and jump 4-5 mph and be upper 90s with no help from JD and Laz.
I like our bullpen depth and options. Really need Morningstar to get to campus and if Rob returns that could set it up nicely.
We lack impact pieces across the board. I guess you could call Alvarez a superstar type. Morningstar could be that. Some may say that about Dubovik. Oklahoma didn't have much high-end firepower in the lineup or on the mound, either. Wishful thinking on my end probably. But a bunch of mid 4 and 5 ERA starters, a couple good relievers, and a team that wasn't that scary at the plate.
JD is far from being Skip Johnson though...
From what i’ve heard and been hearing ; Cuvet is gone shouldn’t expect his return. Alex Sosa is gone. Nick Robert is gone, not a leverage entry. And Evans is gone as well as he had really good Combine numbers hitting 96 some guys told me. Why we are so heavy in the portal now for 3B/1B and pitching.Don't know what your take is on Morningstar but he could be selected and sign.
Guessing Rob Evans is the other major piece to the puzzle that isn't being discussed as much based on where he's drafted and coming back or not.
Did Robert enter strictly for leverage? Don't think he's coming back and some have alluded to it being about JD moreso than anything. TBD but he could come back.
Cuvet is intriguing too. Don't think he goes anywhere remotely high and he should come back and hit his way into a higher slot value. Would be well worth it for him IMO.