2026 CB Ksani Jiles commits to Miami (decommits 2/7/24)

Advertisement
/unless he reclassifies to ‘25 and helps flips Ellis
Jerry Seinfeld Reaction GIF

Kid just has a Cane look to him. If he does reclassify to 2025 he could be next year's class ambassador. The So FL diva rules don't apply here. Trust Mario.

Welcome to the U! :stormwarningflag-sm: :stormwarningflag-sm:

Welcome to the U!

Always great to continue building that pipeline with IMG and hopefully he helps land us Ellis. That being said I’m not a fan of these early reclassifications. I can’t remember any that have worked out, doesn’t mean there hasn’t just can’t remember any. For his sake, I would prefer he stays in 2026 AND comes to Miami!

Advertisement
IMG is a business decision. Those are the kids we want.

Ehhh yes and no.... IMG itself is a business. IMG will recruit the **** out of top kids and put them on a "scholarship." Yes something is to be said for a kid leaving cali (or wherever home is) and going across the country, to eat, breathe and sleep football. However, that decision is much easier when you get that opportunity for free.

Standard tuition for a year of boarding school at IMG is $70,000. That is the price of going to UM lol so what IMG does is give scholarships to its top dogs, field a team, then has two other varsity teams of kids who pay full boat. Those are the kids mom and dad are shelling out tons of money to help them reach their potential. Kids that are there for free can be less committed, or bounce as soon as they are bored, and occasionally do not feel a sense of urgency. Also when you are surrounded by kids who are ALL D1 prospects, it tends to make you look better.

I agree IMG is/should be stop 1 for most colleges and you want a majority of those kids however. I think it was 2 or 3 years ago someone said if one college signed the top 25 kids from IMG alone that year, no other HS recruit, it would be good for like #12 class in the country. That is insane. The average top high schools may have 2-4 D1 prospects as seniors, IMG regularly has 12+

Great pickup. Reclassification to 2025 would make this a potential Grand Slam. A stud CB from IMG who is tight with CB Ellis class of 2024 who we are recruiting heavily. Just great news all around! Welcome Ksani Jiles!

Honestly in a perfect world, I'd rather he play his SR year in HS, keep developing physically, mentally and emotionally, and keep recruiting for us until the day he arrives for spring in January 2026. I hate these kids reclassifying, you rarely see anything good come from it.

Ehhh yes and no.... IMG itself is a business. IMG will recruit the **** out of top kids and put them on a "scholarship." Yes something is to be said for a kid leaving cali (or wherever home is) and going across the country, to eat, breathe and sleep football. However, that decision is much easier when you get that opportunity for free.

Standard tuition for a year of boarding school at IMG is $70,000. That is the price of going to UM lol so what IMG does is give scholarships to its top dogs, field a team, then has two other varsity teams of kids who pay full boat. Those are the kids mom and dad are shelling out tons of money to help them reach their potential. Kids that are there for free can be less committed, or bounce as soon as they are bored, and occasionally do not feel a sense of urgency. Also when you are surrounded by kids who are ALL D1 prospects, it tends to make you look better.

I agree IMG is/should be stop 1 for most colleges and you want a majority of those kids however. I think it was 2 or 3 years ago someone said if one college signed the top 25 kids from IMG alone that year, no other HS recruit, it would be good for like #12 class in the country. That is insane. The average top high schools may have 2-4 D1 prospects as seniors, IMG regularly has 12+
My point in referring to IMG as a business decision is your third sentence. For 14-17 year olds to leave home, where they are likely adored because they are good at sport X, and travel thousands of miles for some like Jayden Wayne last year, is to me a “business decision” because that person and family have decided they are going all-in to obtain the college scholarship. This isn’t about prom, winning a state championship with your buddies, your high school sweetheart, etc…
That to me is a “business decision“. I am using the term as a euphemism, not a literal term about how much money the scholarship athlete is or is not paying.

Advertisement
My point in referring to IMG as a business decision is your third sentence. For 14-17 year olds to leave home, where they are likely adored because they are good at sport X, and travel thousands of miles for some like Jayden Wayne last year, is to me a “business decision” because that person and family have decided they are going all-in to obtain the college scholarship. This isn’t about prom, winning a state championship with your buddies, your high school sweetheart, etc…
That to me is a “business decision“. I am using the term as a euphemism, not a literal term about how much money the scholarship athlete is or is not paying.
Met Jayden’s dad. And it was most definitely a business decision. Those IMG kids are basically having a prep year without going to prep school. It’s not for everybody and every family. Hence, some kids will leave. And from a scholly point of view it’s no different than the private schools.

Honestly in a perfect world, I'd rather he play his SR year in HS, keep developing physically, mentally and emotionally, and keep recruiting for us until the day he arrives for spring in January 2026. I hate these kids reclassifying, you rarely see anything good come from it.
Agreed, UNLESS he is like so many kids these days who are held back to gain an advantage in sports (rarely academics) and then decides to re-classify back to his original grade. But if he 15 right now then that does not seem like someone who was held back.
FYI, we used to call it “flunking”. Do kids still flunk or is everyone “held back”. Is that just a nicer term

Agreed, UNLESS he is like so many kids these days who are held back to gain an advantage in sports (rarely academics) and then decides to re-classify back to his original grade. But if he 15 right now then that does not seem like someone who was held back.
FYI, we used to call it “flunking”. Do kids still flunk or is everyone “held back”. Is that just a nicer term

Held back? Harsh. These students are being provided a fresh opportunity to master that grade level's skillset.

Welcome to the U!

Always great to continue building that pipeline with IMG and hopefully he helps land us Ellis. That being said I’m not a fan of these early reclassifications. I can’t remember any that have worked out, doesn’t mean there hasn’t just can’t remember any. For his sake, I would prefer he stays in 2026 AND comes to Miami!
I'd prefer he reclassifies to 2025 and takes a redshirt. It would be a great opportunity to get acclimated to college life with many of his former teammates here to support him.

It's hard to keep a player committed for 2 years. I have to believe the plan is to reclassify. The fact that it's even a possibility says a lot about the young man's dedication.

Advertisement
I'd prefer he reclassifies to 2025 and takes a redshirt. It would be a great opportunity to get acclimated to college life with many of his former teammates here to support him.

It's hard to keep a player committed for 2 years. I have to believe the plan is to reclassify. The fact that it's even a possibility says a lot about the young man's dedication.
Selfishly I know it’s better for us and he’s much more likely to be in our class if he reclassifies which is why I said “for his sake“. I think he, or any other player is best served staying in their original class unless they were “held backs” as mentioned above.

Selfishly I know it’s better for us and he’s much more likely to be in our class if he reclassifies which is why I said “for his sake“. I think he, or any other player is best served staying in their original class unless they were “held backs” as mentioned above.
Well, it all depends on the individual. He's at IMG away from home. He might as well get a head start in college with a great opportunity to get a year's worth of college academic credits under his belt. The flip side is that if he's not mature and ready for college, it could be detrimental to his growth as a person and student athlete.

Advertisement
Well, it all depends on the individual. He's at IMG away from home. He might as well get a head start in college with a great opportunity to get a year's worth of college academic credits under his belt. The flip side is that if he's not mature and ready for college, it could be detrimental to his growth as a person and student athlete.
That’s all true and I agree that IMG helps tremendously with overcoming the concerns over the mental/emotional maturity aspect but I still worry about physical maturity of what are basically high school juniors playing against 19-23 year old men.

Don’t love early commitments like this but trust in Mario. Kid looks the pet and moves with ease. Easy 4-5* prospect

Advertisement
Back