2024 2024 WR Ryan Wingo receives offer

Tom Hardy Bait GIF

Advertisement
Stop the ****** madness. VY took over the starting job middle of his RS freshman year. He had three consecutive 1000yd rushing seasons. He led them to back to back big seasons his soph and junior year. He was a weak passer but a monster running the ball. If Jacurri is VY we don’t finish 5-7 last year. There is absolutely zero to suggest Jacurri is a transcendent CFB player. How about a more realistic comp, say Kelly Bryant not an all time great CFB QB.
JB may never start at UM. I think Emory is already ahead of him.

Advertisement
Stop the ****** madness. VY took over the starting job middle of his RS freshman year. He had three consecutive 1000yd rushing seasons. He led them to back to back big seasons his soph and junior year. He was a weak passer but a monster running the ball. If Jacurri is VY we don’t finish 5-7 last year. There is absolutely zero to suggest Jacurri is a transcendent CFB player. How about a more realistic comp, say Kelly Bryant not an all time great CFB QB.

I'm not even gonna begin to try to put Jacurri in the same breath as Vince Young, but if you look at PURELY passing numbers, it's interesting. Vince had a much bigger sample size because he played a lot as a R-Fr., but again you have to emphasize, he took a full redshirt year his first year. Didn't play at all. Jacurri obviously did not. So these numbers are for Jacurri in Year 1 vs Vince in Year 2. That's a massive difference.

Vince passing in 2003, his first year playing but his 2nd year in Austin: 58.7% completions, 8.1 YPA, 6 TDs, 7 INTs

Jacurri passing in 2022, his true freshman year: 60.0% completions, 5.1 YPA, 3 TDs, 3 INTs.

Just saying, it's not like Vince was lighting it up through the air his R-Fr year. But of course, his running ability was insane, and there were glimpses that he was special. He was much more polished throwing the ball down the field, as evidenced by the disparity in yards per attempt. I am NOT comparing the two, just pointing out that Vince was pretty shaky throwing it early on.

I really put very little stock in what Jacurri did last year. Of course he looked totally lost as a passer, but I expected that. He is a 100% developmental kid with a ton of natural ability. But he is and was very much a project. He entered camp as the 3rd string QB, getting very little reps, and probably expecting to redshirt. Then all of a sudden he's stuck with a complete clown as an OC who is not only clueless on how to manage an offense, but the way he managed the QB rotation and reps once TVD got hurt was borderline criminal negligence.

I still have a ton of hope for Jacurri. But his story starts in 2024. I think they should put a PURELY running package in for him this year with very limited passing options, one-read and go type stuff, and have him ready to go in a max of 4 games when we need him. Keep his redshirt, utilize his legs in limited games this year, and get him ready for 2024. Basically make him Tebow from 2016 except make sure you only play him in 4 games. Trying to salt away a lead, or maybe a goal line package in a close game, turn him loose. But it should only be on an as needed basis to keep his redshirt intact.

I'm not even gonna begin to try to put Jacurri in the same breath as Vince Young, but if you look at PURELY passing numbers, it's interesting. Vince had a much bigger sample size because he played a lot as a R-Fr., but again you have to emphasize, he took a full redshirt year his first year. Didn't play at all. Jacurri obviously did not. So these numbers are for Jacurri in Year 1 vs Vince in Year 2. That's a massive difference.

Vince passing in 2003, his first year playing but his 2nd year in Austin: 58.7% completions, 8.1 YPA, 6 TDs, 7 INTs

Jacurri passing in 2022, his true freshman year: 60.0% completions, 5.1 YPA, 3 TDs, 3 INTs.

Just saying, it's not like Vince was lighting it up through the air his R-Fr year. But of course, his running ability was insane, and there were glimpses that he was special. He was much more polished throwing the ball down the field, as evidenced by the disparity in yards per attempt. I am NOT comparing the two, just pointing out that Vince was pretty shaky throwing it early on.

I really put very little stock in what Jacurri did last year. Of course he looked totally lost as a passer, but I expected that. He is a 100% developmental kid with a ton of natural ability. But he is and was very much a project. He entered camp as the 3rd string QB, getting very little reps, and probably expecting to redshirt. Then all of a sudden he's stuck with a complete clown as an OC who is not only clueless on how to manage an offense, but the way he managed the QB rotation and reps once TVD got hurt was borderline criminal negligence.

I still have a ton of hope for Jacurri. But his story starts in 2024. I think they should put a PURELY running package in for him this year with very limited passing options, one-read and go type stuff, and have him ready to go in a max of 4 games when we need him. Keep his redshirt, utilize his legs in limited games this year, and get him ready for 2024. Basically make him Tebow from 2016 except make sure you only play him in 4 games. Trying to salt away a lead, or maybe a goal line package in a close game, turn him loose. But it should only be on an as needed basis to keep his redshirt intact.
Yes, VY was shaky passing the ball his whole career but he was a star and saying JB is a more physical version is such a stretch. Like I said, say someone like Kelly Bryant not an all time great. We agree here but there is zero evidence that JB is anything close to VY. That’s like me saying Emory is Ken Dorsey and Judd Anderson is Ryan Mallett. Judd is tall like Mallett and has a strong arm like him, so he is Mallett.

Nah I'm not a gambler but just going by what some who have seen him up close tell me. 🤷‍♂️
Maybe he does turn out to be a stud but we do this with every offseason. Staff always speaks positively about players and the few that have access to practice rave about them. I’m hopeful that he’s the guy but I’ll wait until he does it in games before crowning him.

8.1 ypg is respectable. 5.1 ypg is Kirby Freeman-level. That's absolutely brutal.

The 2 sets of numbers you shared are really not comparable.

Advertisement
My money is on him not even OV’ing here in December and making a decision long before then. We aren’t anywhere close to landing a WR of this caliber.
Man I tell you this ain’t for the weak….come on htownkidd we getting 1 or 2 of them
I hope 🤣🤣

Advertisement
Advertisement
We probably have a better shot at this kid than Smiff and local 5 stars tbh. Wins, points and a massive NIL big.
We went 1 for 2 in Chicago so far. This is another midwest big City. And like @DMoney said and i agree go for the big city kids nationwide. They might even be enticed by Miami, culturally plus the weather in addition to the Football operation. I actually feel.good about it since he scheduled his OV so far out. This gonna come down to if we are gonna say we will match whatever them other man trying to do.

Advertisement
Back