2024 2024 WR Ryan Wingo receives offer

Make sure he wears the orange and green
Happy Big Brother GIF by MOODMAN

Advertisement
Supposedly he asked for and has been granted a RS year to work on his passing game. I very well could've missed that expectation changing, if so I'll stand corrected.

Personally, I hate the comparison to one of the greats of CFB and I just don't see it.
I see it, Vince Young had a weird *** throwing motion and average in the NFL.

Vince Young threw for 1155 yards, 6 TDs, 7 picks as a FR, 1849, 12 TD's, 11 picks as a So, and of course as a JR he threw for 3036 yards, 26 TDs , 10 picks. So he wasnt this amazing passer. Problem for other team is he ran for 998 yards, 11TDs, 1079 yards, 14 TDs and 1050 yards and 12 TDs respectively in his 3 years.

Jacurri might have more power while Vince Young might be a little faster. But its close. When he turnt that corner v GT i realize how fast he is. I firmly believe he will the QB to take us back. What he is now is not what he will be as VY was not who he was going be as a JR as a FR.

Supposedly he asked for and has been granted a RS year to work on his passing game. I very well could've missed that expectation changing, if so I'll stand corrected.

Personally, I hate the comparison to one of the greats of CFB and I just don't see it.
One would think since he has been playing the QB position the last few years that maybe he would have been doing that well before his Sophomore year in college. And I agree its a stupid comparison. I dont see JB playing it a pass happy offense. Unless Briles or someone similar comes in I dont see JB as the starting QB

Advertisement
One would think since he has been playing the QB position the last few years that maybe he would have been doing that well before his Sophomore year in college. And I agree its a stupid comparison. I dont see JB playing it a pass happy offense. Unless Briles or someone similar comes in I dont see JB as the starting QB
Not a stupid comparison. VY passing was below average to average is first 2 years.

Just because he wants to put MORE work in doesn’t mean he wasn’t already working on it…

Advertisement
If Jacurri is a poor man’s VY we will be aight. VY was a monster coming out of HS, Jacurri just not on that level.
Like i said VY little faster. Jacurri more power. There are people on staff that think he has the most upside athletically on the entire team. Also when VY was coming out, he was an anomoly at the time. I was in college when VY came out. He was as raw as **** when he came in. They were even talking of changing his position. He was not what he ended up being as a Junior when he got to Texas initially. His wow factor in high school was purely his running ability.

Like i said VY little faster. Jacurri more power. There are people on staff that think he has the most upside athletically on the entire team. Also when VY was coming out, he was an anomoly at the time. I was in college when VY came out. He was as raw as **** when he came in. They were even talking of changing his position. He was not what he ended up being as a Junior when he got to Texas initially. His wow factor in high school was purely his running ability.
Stop the ****** madness. VY took over the starting job middle of his RS freshman year. He had three consecutive 1000yd rushing seasons. He led them to back to back big seasons his soph and junior year. He was a weak passer but a monster running the ball. If Jacurri is VY we don’t finish 5-7 last year. There is absolutely zero to suggest Jacurri is a transcendent CFB player. How about a more realistic comp, say Kelly Bryant not an all time great CFB QB.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Stop the ****** madness. VY took over the starting job middle of his RS freshman year. He had three consecutive 1000yd rushing seasons. He led them to back to back big seasons his soph and junior year. He was a weak passer but a monster running the ball. If Jacurri is VY we don’t finish 5-7 last year. There is absolutely zero to suggest Jacurri is a transcendent CFB player.
He was on a team that was way more talented than what we had. Texas was 11-2 and 11-2 the previous 2 years before VY got there. U gonna compare that to our team? Please stop chat $h!t sir. I said his running ability was what people were wowed by and the fact he was 6'5 doing it. U man like to remember the final product of someone. I remember when he just got there.

I see it, Vince Young had a weird *** throwing motion and average in the NFL.

Vince Young threw for 1155 yards, 6 TDs, 7 picks as a FR, 1849, 12 TD's, 11 picks as a So, and of course as a JR he threw for 3036 yards, 26 TDs , 10 picks. So he wasnt this amazing passer. Problem for other team is he ran for 998 yards, 11TDs, 1079 yards, 14 TDs and 1050 yards and 12 TDs respectively in his 3 years.

Jacurri might have more power while Vince Young might be a little faster. But its close. When he turnt that corner v GT i realize how fast he is. I firmly believe he will the QB to take us back. What he is now is not what he will be as VY was not who he was going be as a JR as a FR.

I guess we'll see. VY also had a much better yard per carry and completion than Brown. Same with virtually every stat if you projected stats.

I don't see VY, but who knows maybe. That's an awful big burden to try and live up to.

In some ways I do like that Brown wants to take him off the field to better himself. In more ways though I hate it. He's gift wrapping playing time to a guy behind him and that's never a good stance to take of you want to be the man. We'll see how it pans out for him.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back