2024 2024 WR Joshisa "Jojo" Trader (Miami Central)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll just say this. I think the order of events is important.

We are currently taking some 3-star guys, yes, but while we still feel VERY good about some blue-chip guys who are coming in for OVs.

I feel like PAST 3-star takes WERE "covers" because we took them after knowing all the blue-chippers were gone.

I think Mario is comfortable taking some of these 3 stars BECAUSE he knows the blue-chippers are on the way. I feel like if the staff felt there was doubt on that, they would not be so quick to take the 3s.

Just my 2 cents on the strategery, as I see it.
I agree with you 100%. I said somewhere in here or in the other thread that I’m glad he’s taking these guys now as opposed to scrambling for Plan C’s and D’s at the end like Manny would do. It shows me he’s identified the floor and developmental pieces and he’s confident in getting some targets. And I think he gets 2-3 of the guys I listed. Maybe 2 and another developmental guy.

What I am not having any of is downplaying the recruiting rankings as a cover in case he swings and misses. I get the politics in those things. It doesn’t matter here. We know who these guys who are the very top targets are. They’re all coming in June and they’re all highly regarded beyond Miami. We need to see a couple of them go our way. Then there’s no issues with who was taken as the floor of the class.

Advertisement
Of course offensive scheme and production matter, but it isn't the only thing, and it probably isn't THE thing for WR recruits. If it was Mike Leach would have had stud WR recruits for years.
Leech produce great offense and QB's. Maybe he couldnt recruit elite players because he was stuck at Texas Tech and Miss St which are 2nd tier power 5 schools. So no. No good QB is making a terrible offense look good. Aka Josh Gattis, Aka Jimbo Fisher, 10 years outdated. Great offense make average QB's look good. Over and over. The guy Dawson had finished top 10 in passing, he was not good. It got Tank Dell drafted.

FYI he's one of the main guys at Rivals that ranks the kids, which means his opinion and corrupt anti-Miami behavior affects the composite scores we see on 247 and On3 too.

@RVACane

To be honest, it's the schools that do most of the research and find recruits. Coaches who know college coaches will bring them up to those they trust or think would be a good fit. When the services hear so and so is after whomever, that'll be reflected in the rankings. Schools aren't using the websites to find kids, at least not the top third.

Now if you want to say recruiting sites take all that info and come up with a list as best they can, then that's fair. It is coincidence though that by and large the websites do a fair, but imperfect job, of sorting the pile. Again, it's largely pushed by the colleges though.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Im not reading all that. Your shameless slurping knows no bounds. If he whiffs on the top guys there’s no saving grace in the form of hidden gems and underrated 3 stars.

Oh now I'm a slurper? :)

And keep putting words in people's mouths. No one has said if he missed on his top guys its not a miss. This false narrative you're trying to create is wild.

Good night bud. Get some rest.

Oh now I'm a slurper? :)

And keep putting words in people's mouths. No one has said if he missed on his top guys its not a miss. This false narrative you're trying to create is wild.

Good night bud. Get some rest.
IMG_6048.gif

I'll just say this. I think the order of events is important.

We are currently taking some 3-star guys, yes, but while we still feel VERY good about some blue-chip guys who are coming in for OVs.

I feel like PAST 3-star takes WERE "covers" because we took them after knowing all the blue-chippers were gone.

I think Mario is comfortable taking some of these 3 stars BECAUSE he knows the blue-chippers are on the way. I feel like if the staff felt there was doubt on that, they would not be so quick to take the 3s.

Just my 2 cents on the strategery, as I see it.
Al golden was the king of this, but yes completely agree.

I think it might be it tbh. Not that they wouldn’t accept a commitment but maybe the juice isn’t worth the squeeze. Could be wrong. It’s happened before.

So when there is actually a quiet recruitment, people need to invent fictitious problems and claim "the juice isn't worth the squeeze"?

We have some true conspiracy nuts on this website.

Grow up and stop looking for monsters under your bed.

Advertisement
So when there is actually a quiet recruitment, people need to invent fictitious problems and claim "the juice isn't worth the squeeze"?

We have some true conspiracy nuts on this website.

Grow up and stop looking for monsters under your bed.
It seems like a delicate recruitment to say the least. We need to show something on the field like we’ve said. I don’t have a lot of faith in getting him but it’s certainly possible with a good showing

It seems like a delicate recruitment to say the least. We need to show something on the field like we’ve said. I don’t have a lot of faith in getting him but it’s certainly possible with a good showing

Yes.

Just pointing out that "interest" and "timing" are two completely different issues.

Advertisement
So what dictates someone being a whiff and someone just going elsewhere? Assuming quite easily that there's VERY few people on here who really know which way a kid is leaning and what's genuine and what isn't. If Capers goes elsewhere is that a whiff because he's a highly ranked Columbus kid? Is mcgahee going elsewhere a whiff? Seriously. What let's people know who's a miss by the staff and who isn't? Is it hey this kid is from the south. So we should have our choice first and foremost?

So what dictates someone being a whiff and someone just going elsewhere? Assuming quite easily that there's VERY few people on here who really know which way a kid is leaning and what's genuine and what isn't. If Capers goes elsewhere is that a whiff because he's a highly ranked Columbus kid? Is mcgahee going elsewhere a whiff? Seriously. What let's people know who's a miss by the staff and who isn't? Is it hey this kid is from the south. So we should have our choice first and foremost?
Nope none of that. We got Russell, that’s fine if they’re hitting on some of their top targets. If they miss on those then it’s all no bueno.

The top targets at DT are the guys coming on OV’s in June. I’ve named them in multiple threads - Scott, Stone, Franklin, Artavious Jones, Breland, McCray - those guys and a few others.

Get 2.

By saying they matter what exactly does that mean for you?
There’s known top players each year and offer lists, particularly commitable offers, say a lot. In the context of what I’m talking about, if we miss/whiff on all the DTs I named, all of whom are widely considered pretty **** good based on offers - all of whom we’ve been targeting - then I don’t want to hear the capping bull**** about hidden gems and trust the staff and evaluations.

They have to close on some of these guys. And I believe they will. They did it last year with Mauigoa and Samson. Now it’s the DTs. But if they miss on them and get what’s left, most of us don’t want to hear about the issues with rankings and why the guys we got are all underrated. They’re not the top targets. There’s no issues for us here with the top guys we’re after with June OV’s at DT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back