2024 2024 WR Joshisa "Jojo" Trader (Miami Central)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look at the teams you just named. There’s a trust factor they’ve earned amongst players that they’ll make sure that room is right no matter what.
So will we, the kids are not worried about that, if they trust the offense, they will trust you to bring in a proper QB. We have to show the offense this year

Advertisement
Between the 3 schools mentioned: 1 is a WR factory, 1 took a crappy QB and made him a Heisman candidate, 1 took a Heisman candidate QB and made him crappy…

What do you expect at this point in the off-season of a top WR recruit?

FYI he's one of the main guys at Rivals that ranks the kids, which means his opinion and corrupt anti-Miami behavior affects the composite scores we see on 247 and On3 too.

@RVACane

He’s part of the reason I didn’t resubscribe to rivals a couple years ago. I loved posting on the rivals main board but his corrupt way of leaving out Miami on multiple recruits and having them lowly ranked really irked me.

He’s part of the reason I didn’t resubscribe to rivals a couple years ago. I loved posting on the rivals main board but his corrupt way of leaving out Miami on multiple recruits and having them lowly ranked really irked me.
Yeah he does suck

Advertisement
FYI he's one of the main guys at Rivals that ranks the kids, which means his opinion and corrupt anti-Miami behavior affects the composite scores we see on 247 and On3 too.

@RVACane
I understand the dynamics.

On the DT side if staff lands 2-3 of their legit top targets of…

David Stone
Justin Scott
KamarionFranklin
Artavious Jones
Dylan Williams
Ayden Breland
LJ McRae

… then there’s no argument about the hidden, underrated gems they take behind that.

It’s really simple. If they don’t land 2-3 of those guys and people try to brush over it and worse on here about recruiting nerds don’t know and kalijah Kancey was a 3 star and what ****** fans we are, I’m just sending them to purgatory for deceitful behavior unbecoming of a forked tongue serpent.

I understand the dynamics.

On the DT side if staff lands 2-3 of their legit too targets of…

David Stone
Justin Scott
KamarionFranklin
Artavious Jones
Dylan Williams
Ayden Breland
LJ McRae

… then there’s no argument about the hidden, underrated gems they take behind that.

It’s really simple. If they don’t land 2-3 of those guys and people try to brush over it and worse on here about recruiting nerds don’t know and kalijah Kancey was a 3 star and what ****** fans we are, I’m just sending them to purgatory for deceitful behavior unbecoming of a forked tongue serpent.

Why are you cutting pasting this irrelevant response here in a conversation where I am pointing out some of the corruption that taints the rankings?

These things are yall opinions. Not factual. Multiple teams, top teams had to go portal for a starting QB, including UGA and ND and apparently Bama. This idea kids are like wow there wont be anybody but who is on your roster now is bascially pessimistic nonsense imo.
Key difference, all of those teams had highly rated QB recruits in prior classes when recruiting that year's WRs. We haven't had a top QB recruit for a long time and we haven't shown any passing offensive success/continuity to offset that.

RVA asked, in a separate thread, about what to expect for this coming June. Mu immediate thought was, "Not stud WRs." We may get some, eventually, but any WR with a brain would wait and see what we actually produce this season. And, yes, I know, our highest rated offensive recruit is a WR.

Key difference, all of those teams had highly rated QB recruits in prior classes when recruiting that year's WRs. We haven't had a top QB recruit for a long time and we haven't shown any passing offensive success/continuity to offset that.

RVA asked, in a separate thread, about what to expect for this coming June. Mu immediate thought was, "Not stud WRs." We may get some, eventually, but any WR with a brain would wait and see what we actually produce this season. And, yes, I know, our highest rated offensive recruit is a WR.
Our recruitment of WRs hinges on what we do on the field. Yall cant have it both ways. We had and have TVD who lit it up in 2021. 2022 comes around he is still there and we struggle to get outside WRs. When players get on campus they are shown film. They didnt like what they saw from Gattis. Season happens, its confirmed. If our Offense lights its up they are gonna be confident in whoever is throwing the ball. Yall all are all down on our QBs because of 247 ratings but yall dont watch practice. These kids can.

Advertisement
Why are you cutting pasting this irrelevant response here in a conversation where I am pointing out some of the corruption that taints the rankings?
It’s 110% relevant because you keep trying to say the same thing about recruiting - “recruiting nerds don’t know ****, trust the 5-7 staph that just evaluated and brought in Gore on the DL…” and you @ me about Gorney as if he’s relevant to the unquestioned stud top targets. He’s not. Whiff on those guys who are known to be the targets and I don’t want to hear about the hidden super secret mega gems like Russell. No one but unabashed shameless slurpers is having any of it at that point.

Thankfully, I don’t think we have to worry about it.

It’s 110% relevant because you keep trying to say the same thing about recruiting - “recruiting nerds don’t know ****, trust the 5-7 staph that just evaluated and brought in Gore on the DL…” and you @ me about Gorney as if he’s relevant to the unquestioned stud top targets. He’s not. Whiff on those guys who are known to be the targets and I don’t want to hear about the hidden super secret mega gems like Russell. No one but unabashed shameless slurpers is having any of it at that point.

If we whiff and bring in nothing but coal shovelers they aint getting away with it. I expect a hybrid of elite ranked players as well as underranked players. U cant miss on the studs and respond with players that are nothing special right now.

And even if a player is lowly rated they must for me be an elite athlete like CWH, or Dylan Day etc who are just rapid fast. Russell is one i question because other than his long arms i saw nothing special.

If we whiff and bring in nothing but coal shovelers they aint getting away with it. I expect a hybrid of elite ranked players as well as underranked players. U cant miss on the studs and respond with players that are nothing special right now.

And even if a player is lowly rated they must for me be an elite athlete like CWH, or Dylan Day etc who are just rapid fast. Russell is one i question because other than his long arms i saw nothing special.
I agree with you 100%. We know from the known top targets scheduled for OVs in June and what’s been talked about on here, who they are. We can’t miss on all of them and then talk about how the staff likes these hidden underrated gems and trust the staff. It doesn’t work that way. They need to one some of these known top targets.

On the other note, if we’re taking hidden gems, I’d prefer athletic freaks like you who maybe were playing basketball and started late in football, but I won’t complain about whoever it is on the DL if we’re doing at DT this year what we did at OL last year.

Our recruitment of WRs hinges on what we do on the field. Yall cant have it both ways. We had and have TVD who lit it up in 2021. 2022 comes around he is still there and we struggle to get outside WRs. When players get on campus they are shown film. They didnt like what they saw from Gattis. Season happens, its confirmed. If our Offense lights its up they are gonna be confident in whoever is throwing the ball. Yall all are all down on our QBs because of 247 ratings but yall dont watch practice. These kids can.
You can successfully recruit stud WRs with a stud QB recruit, before he ever plays a down. You can successfully recruit stud WRs, though maybe to a lesser extent, by showing on-field production and how they will be used. Show me programs who regularly recruit stud WRs with neither.

Advertisement

First of all don't misquote me disingenuously please. It's like you're trying to instigate something here with the "staph" and Gore stuff. That we went 5-7 in a disastrous year one with tons of injuries and 40 Manny guys we needed to run off has nothing to do with Mario's ability to evaluate and recruit. Bizarre of you to conflate two different subjects IMO, this was the JoJo thread and the context was someone bringing up Gorney and how he is biased against UM. I @'d you because we've discussed the accuracy and validity of the sites many times including today and I thought you'd find it interesting. Here is more evidence, or at least another opinion about how anti-UM and corrupt they are. Simple as that. Very strange cut and paste, homie. I'll move on.

Last edited:
First of all don't misquote me disingenuously please. It's like you're trying to instigate something here with the "staph" and Gore stuff. That we went 5-7 in a disastrous year one with tons of injuries and 40 Manny guys we needed to run off has nothing to do with Mario's ability to evaluate and recruit. Bizarre of you to conflate two different subjects IMO, this was the JoJo thread and the context was someone bringing up Gorney and how he ranks kids. I @'d you because we've discussed the accuracy and validity of the sites many times and I thought you'd find it interesting. Here is more evidence, or at least another opinion about how anti-UM and corrupt they are. Simple as that. Very strange cut and paste, homie. I'll move on.

I quoted what you’re doing perfectly. You’re trying to discredit recruiting site rankings to give Mario cover for landing lower tier guys, especially if he misses on known targets. There’s no question who the top targets are and there’s no skirting around it because “recruiting nerds” don’t rank our hidden gems highly.

Either he lands them and he’s a success or he doesn’t and he’s a failure and we’re ****ed. If we whiff and people come in here and shill, lie, cap, cover and /or lash out at disappointed posters expressing their opinions, those people will find themselves in a dark and lonely place on the other side of the board or worse.

You can successfully recruit stud WRs with a stud QB recruit, before he ever plays a down. You can successfully recruit stud WRs, though maybe to a lesser extent, by showing on-field production and how they will be used. Show me programs who regularly recruit stud WRs with neither.
Dawson has his QB track record. Simple as . If he has TVD lights it up all he would be doing is join the list of guys he coached up to throw for a million yards including man who still cashing checks 10 years later. The kids care about the offense. Ill die on that hill and leave it at that cuz nothing will be proven until the games are played

Advertisement
Dawson has his QB track record. Simple as . If he has TVD lights it up all he would be doing is join the list of guys he coached up to throw for a million yards including man who still cashing checks 10 years later. The kids care about the offense. Ill die on that hill and leave it at that cuz nothing will be proven until the games are played
Of course offensive scheme and production matter, but it isn't the only thing, and it probably isn't THE thing for WR recruits. If it was Mike Leach would have had stud WR recruits for years.

I quoted what you’re doing perfectly. You’re trying to discredit recruiting site rankings to give Mario cover for landing lower tier guys, especially if he misses on known targets. There’s no question who the top targets are and there’s no skirting around it because “recruiting nerds” don’t rank our hidden gems highly.

Either he lands them and he’s a success or he doesn’t and he’s a failure and we’re ****ed. If we whiff and people come in here and shill, lie, cap, cover and /or lash out at disappointed posters expressing their opinions, those people will find themselves in a dark and lonely place on the other side of the board or worse.

Again, wrong thread. Different topic. And you're completely incorrect. No one is giving anyone "cover." Knock it off with that. In fact, I've specifically defined the difference between identifying a kid you love and locking them up early, even WHILE you're in it big for the highly ranked website guys, vs reaching late. I even illustrated how the "3-star" kids he signed last year were actually recruited by many top programs (evidence their rankings were not accurate). So now you're just spinning and twisting and moving the goal posts. Sad face. But since you insist on dragging that thread into this one (derail, lol?), fine.

The fact that you call them "lower tier guys" is the very problem you can't seem to grasp. You are completely beholden to the corrupt, amateur sites and their rankings. You can't let go. It's ok, I get it, its hard. It's like a virus. It took me years. All those stars and shiny scores and lists. Everything so available, digestible and quantifiable. Yum. I'm being serious, its marketing catnip, for all of us. The problem is, again, every single coach in America has a different board than each other. Wildly different in some cases. You can see it simply by taking the time to see the offers. The best coaches evaluate better than the rest and beat them. It's a game of inches. Can you imagine how far behind the Gorney's and Ivins are in this competition?

The fact that you keep using the sites as an accurate reflection on how good these kids are, when we can literally see who the best CFB coaches really want, is insane. It's like being a QB at a high-end coaches clinic and taking advice on your mechanics from the popcorn vendor.

Come on RVA, take the blue pill. Open your eyes.

#orisittheredpilliforget

Again, wrong thread. Different topic. And you're completely incorrect. No one is giving anyone "cover." Knock that **** off. In fact, I've specifically defined the difference between identifying a kid you love and locking them up early, even WHILE you're in it big for the highly ranked website guys, vs reaching late. I even illustrated how the "3-star" kids he signed last year were actually recruited by many top programs (evidence their rankings were not accurate). So now you're just spinning and twisting and moving the goal posts. Sad face. But since you insist on dragging that thread into this one (derail, lol?), fine.

The fact that you call them "lower tier guys" is the very problem you can't seem to grasp. You are completely beholden to the corrupt, amateur sites and their rankings. You can't let go. It's ok, I get it, its hard. It's like a virus. All those stars and shiny scores and lists.Everything so available, digestible and quantifiable. Yum. I'm being serious, its marketing catnip, for all of us. The problem is, again, every single coach in America has a different board than each other. Wildly different in some cases. You can see it simply by taking the time to see the offers. The best coaches evaluate better than the rest and beat them. It's a game of inches. Can you imagine how far behind the Gorney's and Ivins are in this competition?

The fact that you keep using the sites as an accurate reflection on how good these kids are, when we can literally see who the best CFB really want, is insane. It's like being a QB at a high-end coaches clinic and taking advice on your mechanics from the popcorn vendor.

Come on RVA, take the blue pill. Open your eyes.

#orisittheredpilliforget
Im not reading all that. Your shameless slurping knows no bounds. If he whiffs on the top guys there’s no saving grace in the form of hidden gems and underrated 3 stars.

Im not reading all that. Your shameless slurping knows no bounds. If he whiffs on the top guys there’s no saving grace in the form of hidden gems and underrated 3 stars.

I'll just say this. I think the order of events is important.

We are currently taking some 3-star guys, yes, but while we still feel VERY good about some blue-chip guys who are coming in for OVs.

I feel like PAST 3-star takes WERE "covers" because we took them after knowing all the blue-chippers were gone.

I think Mario is comfortable taking some of these 3 stars BECAUSE he knows the blue-chippers are on the way. I feel like if the staff felt there was doubt on that, they would not be so quick to take the 3s.

Just my 2 cents on the strategery, as I see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back