2024 2024 WR Joshisa "Jojo" Trader (Miami Central)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Advertisement
“If this were solely up to Trader it would be an Ohio St/Florida St battle. But some close to Trader are pushing Miami hard so the Hurricanes are definitely a contender here as well” — Adam Gorney
the kid was at Miami almost every week in the spring now he barely likes Miami these writer guys are aggravating

Advertisement
Why does it Fsu having the early lead? What’s the fsu tie?
Norvell runs what is believed to be a receiver featuring offense.

The downside is that he’s over leveraged in that position. He’s carrying 13 wide receivers, so unless he plans on constant five wide receiver sets there are a number of players who will not see the field. Like USC under Carroll when they had 9 five star running backs. Everyone thinks that they’ll be the star, but a majority of them got sold a bill of goods.

the kid was at Miami almost every week in the spring now he barely likes Miami these writer guys are aggravating
So he goes to Ohio State where they already have 3 other five star receivers and 8 four star receivers? Because he’s going to be the one who beats out all of the other blue chippers and starts in Year 1?

5 stars: Jeremiah Smith, Mylan Graham,

2023:
5 stars: Brandon Inniss
4 stars: Carnell Tate, Noah Rogers, Bryson Rogers, Lorenzo Styles

2022:
4 stars: Kaleb Brown, Kyion Grayes, Caleb Burton, Kojo Antwi

Last edited:
Advertisement

The downside is that he’s over leveraged in that position. He’s carrying 13 wide receivers, so unless he plans on constant five wide receiver sets there are a number of players who will not see the field. Like USC under Carroll when they had 9 five star running backs. Everyone thinks that they’ll be the star, but a majority of them got sold a bill of goods.
I'm not arguing or challenging; I am just really curious. How would that be possible?

To get to 9 on the roster USC would likely have had to average 2-3 5 star RBs per year, and then kept all of them around 3-4 years. I don't know the data for the Carroll years, but this is what 247 shows for the last 5 years, nationally (I excluded this year as final rankings are not set):

Total 5 star RBs:

2023 - 2
2022 - 1
2021 - 2
2020 - 2
2019 - 3

Carroll was at USC for 9 seasons. Maybe he averaged one 5 star RB per year? Is that what you mean? Or do you mean USC had 9 5 star RBs on the roster in a particular year?

So he goes to Ohio State where they already have 3 other five star receivers and 8 four star receivers? Because he’s going to be the one who beats out all of the other blue chippers and starts in Year 1?

5 stars: Jeremiah Smith, Mylan Graham,

2023:
5 stars: Brandon Inniss
4 stars: Carnell Tate, Noah Rogers, Bryson Rogers, Lorenzo Styles

2022:
4 stars: Kaleb Brown, Kyion Grayes, Caleb Burton, Kojo Antwi
Seriously though, it’s like A&M overspending and getting something like the top eight defensive tackles to commit one year, and then they and the Aggies find themselves surprised, dare I say shocked, when there is internal dissension and not all ten can be immediate star commodities.

Advertisement
I'm not arguing or challenging, but how is that possible? Particularly if you mean the roster for any particular year?

To get to 9 on the roster USC would likely have had to average 2-3 5 star RBs per year, and then kept all of them around 3-4 years. I don't know the data for the Carroll years, but this is what 247 shows for the last 5 years, nationally (I excluded this year as final rankings are not set:

Total 5 star RBs:

2023 - 2
2022 - 1
2021 - 2
2020 - 2
2019 - 3

Carroll was at USC for 9 seasons. Maybe he averaged one 5 star RB per year? Is that what you mean? Or do you mean USC had 9 5 star RBs on the roster in a particular year?
There was an SI article shortly before Carroll left that featured all of the running backs standing next to each other. I might have the exact number wrong, but it was an extreme case where everyone thought (or had been told) that they would be the next feature running back, so they got an absurd amount of talent at the position. Like the Aggies last year on defensive line.

I’ll have to check the numbers later. From my recollection, I was thinking of Rivals rankings for the USC quote.

Sounds like the situation we'd optimally like to be in some day. Seriously, I get what ur saying but ...

There was an SI article shortly before Carroll left that featured all of the running backs standing next to each other. I might have the exact number wrong, but it was an extreme case where everyone thought (or had been told) that they would be the next feature running back, so they got an absurd amount of talent at the position. Like the Aggies last year on defensive line.

I’ll have to check the numbers later. From my recollection, I was thinking of Rivals rankings for the USC quote.

Your post was deceptive. Apparently you compared the possible totality of 5 star RBs under Carroll at USC to what I understood you to say was the current WR depth chart at FSU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back