2024 2024 WR Joshisa "Jojo" Trader (Miami Central)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like he’s more Ohio state bound now
He probably wants to go there, but at some point the numbers won't work out. My guess is one of the Florida schools get him. Wouldn't even be surprised to see someone like Inniss hit the portal next season...numbers get tight up there and kids go from being the alpha to waiting their turn. Some can handle that, others don't want to.

And this is even before that scumbag Hartline flirts with more jobs and eventually leaves.

Advertisement
I think it’s just hard to see trader getting an adequate NIL deal at OSU. Money will just be too great of a differential unless OSU is crazy and decides to offer monster numbers to a 3rd or 4th at a position they have too many stars

If he sign with Ohio state then I see a portal candidate down the line no disrespect to the kid but he’s not on the same level of the top WRs at OSU

As for your last paragraph, there's no need to choose between two poisons.

No need to worship "national rankings" that are actually based on the "evaluators" from certain key geographic regions, and the biased writers who devote all of their coverage and saliva to the recruits at the SEC/Big 10 schools who make up the biggest chunk of their subscriber bases.

And there is no need to make this about the opinions of "Miami fans".

There is a middle pathway. And what is happening at Miami (and some other schools) can conceivably and finally bypass the "national rankings". And that involves a MASSIVE expansion of scouting/evaluation staffs at P5 schools. Miami now has a TON of people who work 10-12 hours per day evaluating film and other metrics, in order to get past the hype, to find the talent that fits what we are trying to do.

And it's not all just "talent". Alonzo is now asking questions of recruits that they ordinarily would be asked before the NFL Draft. And our scouting/evaluation is getting back to the old Butch/Pete model of assessing work ethic and leadership, instead of ONLY "height/weight/speed" measurements.

Do we need some "outcomes" and some wins to validate the new approach? Sure. But as you continue to dilute the "national rankings" websites (the addition of "on3" just thinned out the ranks of those who evaluate high school kids, it certainly did not IMPROVE anything), and as you continue to add more staffing at the college level, the pendulum begins to swing more heavily to "trust the coaches" than it does to "trust the national rankings".

Bottom line, I'm never going to stand here and tell you MY OPINION on all the recruits. I'm not a professional football talent evaluator, that's not my job. But I can say that I believe we will have better OVERALL talent selection with Alonzo and his staff, at least compared to an approach that attempts to chase the national rankings. Not sure if the class rankings will indicate that level of quality, though it's a bit too early to detect a "trend" from a 2-star kicker and a 3-star QB who was going to be the second QB taken in the class when we thought we could land Air Noland.

Let's settle down and see what develops. We just signed, what, the #7 class in the country, do we think that a couple of months later (with BETTER coaches) we are headed for the #27 class? Come on, now...

Was gonna make a post in regards to this and specifically Alonzo. Like what emphasis they seem to place on prototype as well as character work ethic etc. Because we are going after highly rated players but then the lower rated ones have prototype and upside, then combine work ethic and u can see the strategy. Was gonna make a thread but i knew it was gonna turn into oh u just hyping up 3 stars because we lost x, y and z player. I think alot of people are gonna look real stupid on some of these players in a few years and i will dig up their posts like they did with mine. Highsmith is a NFL guy and how many times u see a player from some school u never heard of in the NFL, why would he not bring the same mentality to Miami. Butch love him or hate him did it before recruiting industry was a thing.

I think it’s just hard to see trader getting an adequate NIL deal at OSU. Money will just be too great of a differential unless OSU is crazy and decides to offer monster numbers to a 3rd or 4th at a position they have too many stars
Imagine having that problem… what a luxury

Advertisement
It doesn’t swing towards “trust the coaches” until a “trust the coaches” team proves the 247 Composite wrong.

Because there’s zero evidence it’s getting less accurate every year. The evidence shows the complete opposite.
We had a #7 class. Mario is not gonna up and say f the top rank players. What this strategy is gonna do is gonna say u can find superstars in the lower ranked players like Kinsler, Tinilau, Bobby Washington and now Judd etc. There gonna be plenty overlap with our high ranked players ans the industry. Its gonna the players who are highly ranked that teams are taking to win ranking wars who end up like Mark Pope, Jarren Williams etc and even further back like Willie Williams. Those the ones u trying to weed out.

We can hardly act like TCU when we are bringing in top 7 classes.

Black Ink Crew Laughing GIF by VH1

They could have DB plans for him…

Advertisement
It doesn’t swing towards “trust the coaches” until a “trust the coaches” team proves the 247 Composite wrong.

Because there’s zero evidence it’s getting less accurate every year. The evidence shows the complete opposite.

Some smart guy said "Do we need some "outcomes" and some wins to validate the new approach? Sure." But by all means, keep moping.

As for the national rankings geting "more accurate every year", that's just bull****. There were CONSTANT complaints about on3 (and by extension, the composite) last year alone.

Advertisement
Same dudes wondering why thread keep getting bumped be the 1st dudes commenting “he ain’t comin”..”why do y’all do it to yourselves,” at first bump lol. Seems backwards to me

I would expect HS WR recruiting to be pretty crappy this summer... assuming we show a high powered aerial attack this fall it should start to heat up big Oct-Dec.

Also keep in mind that since he got to UM about 16 months ago Mario has FLIPPED kids from Alabama, Georgia, North Carolina, Clemson, Michigan, Oklahoma, Florida, and Ohio State (sorry, I count Fletcher). All the big boys.

Advertisement
I agree with you because I think he’s better suited for this scheme. He will be older, hopefully stronger, and has gotten more accurate. Who knows the portal may be our friend here also.
Maybe - I think a portal QB might want to come knowing he is the guy, as one should. but that wont be the case here i dont think, if we get a portal qb i doubt they would claim him qb1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back