2024 2024 WR Joshisa "Jojo" Trader (Miami Central)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know myself was yelling at the tv for one of tvd’s first start saying put jake in. Shut me up real quick Lmaooo
when D King got hurt 2 years ago wasnt TVD a huge question mark? **** half the fanbase thought Garcia was better, myself included. Nobody had any idea if TVD was gonna be any good but I keep seeing this line of thinking with Brown.

Advertisement
when D King got hurt 2 years ago wasnt TVD a huge question mark? **** half the fanbase thought Garcia was better, myself included. Nobody had any idea if TVD was gonna be any good but I keep seeing this line of thinking with Brown.
Brown is gonna make the necessary improvements in 17 months to be the guy. He is a mature humble guy with freakish athletics. The QB room is as mature as we have had since Brad. People keep saying what these guys cant do as FR as if they wont work on it. People say Cam Newton but its Vince Young who JB remind me of. And Emory is getting rave reviews. And they are in a offense thats suits them well.

He was and that was because we really didn’t know what we had there. All we had were some practice reports. Even then, as fans we jumped the gun on his talent shortly after. He was a 1st round pick in our eyes and reality is that TVD is talented but has a ton of questions to answer after last year.

In terms of Brown, he has time to improve but what I saw was a kid that could run but has a long long way to go as a passer in Div1 CFB. Will he get there? We don’t know. The assumption he will get there is based on nothing. I don’t care about practice reports because those are so far off from reality every single ****** year.

Advertisement
I heard different. Perhaps, my info is wrong (won’t be the first nor last). Either way, it’s irrelevant and there is no shame in losing to OSU for a QB after the season they had (not to mentions last 2 decades of relevancy ) and the season we had. Let’s not forget, OSU lost on a QB or 2, they clearly felt they needed to close on Air.

I will say this, in Coral Gables, they are very happy with our QB room. Realistically, Air wasn’t seeing the field for years to come and I think Miami knew that. Let’s see what Mario does in December but I am confident we will be fine at QB and WR.
I think for fans to be happy with the QB room, they are going to have to see more on the field, both in the spring game and then early season. Last year left a lot to be desired. I get it, Gattis offense was cheeks, but that doesn’t justify some of the bad reads and bad throws on tape. The guys in the roster have some skill but it would be a stretch for me to say as an outside “fan” that I’m happy with the room and don’t have serious concerns about the next few years.

You’re comfortable if brown was our starting qB in 2024?

Imo, our qb room is a huge question mark beyond TVD.
if he can sit this entire year and learn and develop to be a passer, it'll be interesting to see what he looks like in 2 years. that said, the QB room is not good right now. a lot can change though.

He was and that was because we really didn’t know what we had there. All we had were some practice reports. Even then, as fans we jumped the gun on his talent shortly after. He was a 1st round pick in our eyes and reality is that TVD is talented but has a ton of questions to answer after last year.

In terms of Brown, he has time to improve but what I saw was a kid that could run but has a long long way to go as a passer in Div1 CFB. Will he get there? We don’t know. The assumption he will get there is based on nothing. I don’t care about practice reports because those are so far off from reality every single ****** year.
this.

if he can sit this entire year and learn and develop to be a passer, it'll be interesting to see what he looks like in 2 years. that said, the QB room is not good right now. a lot can change though.

100% agree. Ideally he can sit out a year. If he puts it all together with his athletic makeup, he can be a generational QB. But, he needs another year to see if he can get there. He's nowhere close and has a LONG way to go as a passer. But, I love his athletic makeup and his intangibles.

But, the sentiment that the QB room is good is being naive.

Advertisement
100% agree. Ideally he can sit out a year. If he puts it all together with his athletic makeup, he can be a generational QB. But, he needs another year to see if he can get there. He's nowhere close and has a LONG way to go as a passer. But, I love his athletic makeup and his intangibles.

But, the sentiment that the QB room is good is being naive.
idk bout generational. he can be good though. very few QBs are generational. the last one was prolly Cam and Tebow imo (neither were great passers but they were also physical specimens). the rest have been good.

Supposedly we offered Air more than Ohio State and it didn’t matter. We weren’t getting him once their interest solidified.

Wow, I wonder who could’ve ever foreseen that.

I mean, it’s not like he was deep throating OSU even without the offer.

Riola decommiting really put the screws to a team in Miami’s position. You sold the kid hope and then due to circumstances, one of the big boys comes after your main target and sells them results.

Hope in one hand and **** in the other means you only have ****

idk bout generational. he can be good though. very few QBs are generational. the last one was prolly Cam and Tebow imo (neither were great passers but they were also physical specimens). the rest have been good.

Generational is a strong word, I admit. But he can be something close with his athletic makeup and intangibles

I heard different. Perhaps, my info is wrong (won’t be the first nor last). Either way, it’s irrelevant and there is no shame in losing to OSU for a QB after the season they had (not to mentions last 2 decades of relevancy ) and the season we had. Let’s not forget, OSU lost on a QB or 2, they clearly felt they needed to close on Air.

I will say this, in Coral Gables, they are very happy with our QB room. Realistically, Air wasn’t seeing the field for years to come and I think Miami knew that. Let’s see what Mario does in December but I am confident we will be fine at QB and WR.
I can back you up and heard Ohio St bucked up. Again my info could also be wrong but he’s been pretty spot on since the 2022 fall recruiting cycle. They viewed Noland as a bridge to other elite WRs and skill guys naturally, no surprises here.

I’m torn on whether we should have offered more, but I don’t think it would have mattered once the Buckeyes hit a certain figure. It was almost like Noland said “just get to this price and it’s wraps, don’t worry about other team’s bids”

Advertisement
Generational is a strong word, I admit. But he can be something close with his athletic makeup and intangibles
There is always a chance he is but those chances are slim to none. I think the word he was looking for is program changing. That is also a slim chance but way more likely. On top of that we always overate our own. Rique was being touted as a potential 1st rounder just a couple of months ago, thats not happening. Same with TVD, I think as fans we took some crazy early mock drafts to heart, even though they are almost always wrong.

You’re comfortable if brown was our starting qB in 2024?

Imo, our qb room is a huge question mark beyond TVD.
To early to be "comfortable" this is a big year for him. He will be a Junior next year with a decent amount of playing time under his belt and hopefully his second year in the same system. As a junior he should be ready to go and that is why coaches get paid to develop. He was put in an unfair situation last year with a **** scheme, inconsistent players, and an offense that was decimated by injuries and at times he still made us look competent (other times he was clearly over his head).

But with better skill players, better protection, two years in a much more QB friendly system, and hopefully a true RS year to learn and tweak his mechanics, he could be the answer for the next two years and yes I would be comfortable with that.

Advertisement
Basically the Ohio State fan is saying “he’s not going to Miami”. Oh another note, I don’t understand why some fans tweet recruits negatively or at all for that fact.
Apparently, the person that tweeted it out didn't direct the tweet at Smith if not he would've "@ him", was speaking in general. Then a day later it seemed one of the SFE coaches brought it to Smith's attention and that's when he responded. Again. SFE doing SFE things which is **** on Miami whenever possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back