2024 2024 WR Joshisa "Jojo" Trader (Miami Central)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You think Judd moves up 600 spots to become a 4*? That's not an exaggeration. He's 593 spots outside of 4* territory.

Honest question, did you think Emory was going to make the same leap too?

Not everyone questioning this guy is a star *****.

If you are concerned with all that ^^^

Then yes you are.

Advertisement
Anderson will end up a 4 star recruit, get SEC offers, and the star clowns who love only highly recruited guys will relax. Then forget Garcia was a 4 star kid, and continue to bash players no matter what. That’s cool. Every fan base has them. Anderson is tall, athletic, and has an arm. Lane Kiffin wanted him. He knows more about QBs than this board. All because they think we won’t land a couple Diva receivers. Just get me the right kids in this conference. In time Mario will have this program in the top 12 most years. That’s all that matters.
20211120_163606.jpg

You think Judd moves up 600 spots to become a 4*? That's not an exaggeration. He's 593 spots outside of 4* territory.

Honest question, did you think Emory was going to make the same leap too?

Not everyone questioning this guy is a star *****.

FYI last year Emory went from an early 0.8528 to a 0.8789 (#623) in the composite, and from an 84 to an 88 on 247 (even more of a jump). If he had gone to camps and played the visit game when UF and FSU came calling after UM landed him he'd have ended up a lot higher too. He also ended up being the #16 ranked QB (top 350 overall) in the country and a 4-star on ESPN.

Also last year Ajani Shepard, the QB who signed with Rutgers had a final score of 86 and finished as the #1154 ranked kid to add some more context of how the scores correlate to ranking.

So yeah, Emory went from a sub-1200 all the way up to 623 in the composite and into the top 350 on ESPN.

The rankings are pretty bad. The early spring rankings are WILDLY bad. Maybe Judd should be the 300th best player in the country because of his size, arm and athleticism. Or maybe he should be the 3000th best player and end up D2. I am not saying I know. Just that you shouldn't give these early rankings the time of day, and yeah they totally revise them in a big way when they realize they are wrong.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Read the first sentence and stopped because it sounded exactly like what everyone said last year when Emory committed.. how everyone would be reversing course once he became a 4star, guess the industry just never caught up to your genius.

At least one service, ESPN, had him as a 4-star and top 350 kid in their final rankings FYI.

FYI last year Emory went from an early 0.8528 to a 0.8789 (#623) in the composite, and from an 84 to an 88 on 247 (even more of a jump). If he had gone to camps and played the visit game when UF and FSU came calling after UM landed him he'd have ended up a lot higher too. He also ended up being the #16 ranked QB (top 350 overall) in the country and a 4-star on ESPN.

Also last year Ajani Shepard, the QB who signed with Rutgers had a final score of 86 and finished as the #1154 ranked kid to add some more context of how the scores correlate to ranking.

So yeah, Emory went from a sub-1200 all the way up to 623 in the composite and into the top 350 on ESPN.

The rankings are pretty bad. The early spring rankings are WILDLY bad. Maybe Judd should be the 300th best player in the country because of his size, arm and athleticism. Or maybe he should be the 3000th best player and end up D2. I am not saying I know. Just that you shouldn't give these early rankings the time of day, and yeah they totally revise them in a big way when they realize they are wrong.

Regardless of whether he someone makes a 1000 pt jump or whatever by the end of next season, the problem is that right now we are trying to convince one of the best WRs in the country to commit to Miami. I don't think telling an elite WR that (to paraphrase another poster) Anderson is the "type of QB that you stash on the bench for 3 years and then his senior year he'll be a top QB and will probably collect a few NFL paychecks" is going to help our cause. Trader is making a choice on what school gives him the best chance of making it to the NFL, and sees we have three developmental QBs on the roster, each of whom has big question marks. Having developmental QB isn't a problem, but when all 3 QBs on the rooster fall into that category, it IS a problem.

Regardless of whether he someone makes a 1000 pt jump or whatever by the end of next season, the problem is that right now we are trying to convince one of the best WRs in the country to commit to Miami. I don't think telling an elite WR that (to paraphrase another poster) Anderson is the "type of QB that you stash on the bench for 3 years and then his senior year he'll be a top QB and will probably collect a few NFL paychecks" is going to help our cause. Trader is making a choice on what school gives him the best chance of making it to the NFL, and sees we have three developmental QBs on the roster, each of whom has big question marks. Having developmental QB isn't a problem, but when all 3 QBs on the rooster fall into that category, it IS a problem.

I agree, having that shiny new 5-star QB is certainly a draw. We're going to have to put the work in. I am sure the coaches are putting together a reel of Brown, Emory and Judd to show other offensive recruits what they see and why they are high on them. We're going to have to also show them how many top ranked QB's don't produce, really work to educate them and hope it sticks.

I could be wrong but I like our young QB's collectively. Fantastic size, arms, and then they each have different traits of their own. Brown might be the best athlete and runner on the team, Emory is supposedly very, very accurate, Judd has a giant ceiling, lord he's a monster. I like the odds of us finding a dude or two in there. They all have NFL ceilings the it comes to their arms and size, they all have the traits that we see some of the guys who were missed coming out and end up in the league show. They also all have a long, long way to go to get there.

Advertisement
Nah it was clear as day TVD was better than Garcia. It's also clear so far that Emory is more accurate than JB.
Was it? because TVD was a 4 star QB that played at a connecticut prep school. Garcia was way more highly thought of coming out of high school then TVD.

Read the first sentence and stopped because it sounded exactly like what everyone said last year when Emory committed.. how everyone would be reversing course once he became a 4star, guess the industry just never caught up to your genius.
Cool. We don’t have to agree. And whether he satisfies the star clowns by moving up I happen to like his game for this scheme. I never said once he was better than Air Noland. In fact I said keep recruiting that dude. Just happen to think this kid has game ( anderson ). Appreciate the genius comment though 🤣

Was it? because TVD was a 4 star QB that played at a connecticut prep school. Garcia was way more highly thought of coming out of high school then TVD.
Oh my bad I thought you mean't when they got to camp. This is Emory's first camp with us and JB's second and Emory has been said to be the more accurate of the two. 🤷‍♂️

Advertisement

Not with them 13 picks he aint.

Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back