2024 2024 WR Joshisa "Jojo" Trader (Miami Central)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Smith is an incredible talent, he's going to have a wide gap over a lot of great prospects that make play after play in high school.
My fault for not being clear but I’m not debating how good Smith is, I’m don’t agree with the idea that Trader’s ceiling is a short NFL career.

Last edited:
Advertisement
My fault for not being clear but I’m not debating how hood Smith is, I’m don’t agree with the idea that Trader’s ceiling is a short NFL career.

Fair enough. Ceiling is another thing

It's really a safe bet by me, given that the % of blue chip WRS that end up having long NFLs careers is microscopic.

6B4DBBE1-F566-4953-8124-F33F0AF9CA98.gif

Trader is a guy that would be solid and may end up with a short little NFL career... Smith is the guy that makes you sick to your stomach for three years before going first round. I think it's more similar than you're giving it credit for.
You’re an idiot. Trader is incredible. You probably still butt hurt about Tyson Campbell even when he hasn’t done anything… ever.

You’re an idiot. Trader is incredible. You probably still butt hurt about Tyson Campbell even when he hasn’t done anything… ever.

Are you related to him? What a sketchball.

It’s not like it was a scathing review of him.

Btw Campbell graded out as one of the best corners in the NFL, so the irony was at least refreshing.

Reactions: E1k
Advertisement
Are you related to him? What a sketchball.

It’s not like it was a scathing review of him.

Btw Campbell graded out as one of the best corners in the NFL, so the irony was at least refreshing.
Yea tyson has been solid, hasn’t been surtain but thats the best in the league both still young

Advertisement
Gaby has a brief summary on a bunch of the top guys on campus.

Joshisa Trader got a knock on his front door this morning and Miami alum Rod Mack told him to get dressed and that they were going down to Coral Gables. He obliged and spent much of the day on campus. Trader is a man of few words but he sees that Kevin Beard is a good coach and a person he likes to be around. Demarcus Van Dyke also pulled him aside and talked to him one-on-one before he left campus.

Gaby has a brief summary on a bunch of the top guys on campus.

Joshisa Trader got a knock on his front door this morning and Miami alum Rod Mack told him to get dressed and that they were going down to Coral Gables. He obliged and spent much of the day on campus. Trader is a man of few words but he sees that Kevin Beard is a good coach and a person he likes to be around. Demarcus Van Dyke also pulled him aside and talked to him one-on-one before he left campus.
Would’ve loved to be a fly on the wall of that convo with him & DVD

Except he recruits better than Manny. He pulled the number 7 class. He had misses but Napier is recruiting closer to manny level as is or was Norvell. actually Norvell is more similar as he does well in the portal.

Curious as to why you would rate high school recruiting ability over transfer recruiting ability in terms of importance. Hypothetically, let's say you have coach A and coach B from different programs. If coach A routinely gets the #6 HS recruiting class and the #20 transfer class, and coach B routinely gets the #12 HS class and the #2 transfer class, in your opinion, which coach is the "superior" recruiter?

Conventional wisdom would say Coach A is the superior recruiter because he is landing an elite (or near elite) high school class. However, with Coach B, while the #12 HS class isn't extraordinary, it is good enough to provide a decent foundation (class is probably going to consist of 1 or 2 5 stars, a huge amount of 4 stars, maybe a handful of 3 stars). The #2 transfer class is probably going to include 2-3 5 stars and then a bunch of carefully selected players who can plug roster deficiencies. And since the transfer portal is basically free agency, a program with $$$ can bring instant starter quality talent that is proven at the college level.

Curious as to why you would rate high school recruiting ability over transfer recruiting ability in terms of importance. Hypothetically, let's say you have coach A and coach B from different programs. If coach A routinely gets the #6 HS recruiting class and the #20 transfer class, and coach B routinely gets the #12 HS class and the #2 transfer class, in your opinion, which coach is the "superior" recruiter?

Conventional wisdom would say Coach A is the superior recruiter because he is landing an elite (or near elite) high school class. However, with Coach B, while the #12 HS class isn't extraordinary, it is good enough to provide a decent foundation (class is probably going to consist of 1 or 2 5 stars, a huge amount of 4 stars, maybe a handful of 3 stars). The #2 transfer class is probably going to include 2-3 5 stars and then a bunch of carefully selected players who can plug roster deficiencies. And since the transfer portal is basically free agency, a program with $$$ can bring instant starter quality talent that is proven at the college level.
For the exact reason @Dwinstitles gave the other day. I think you have to build the bulk through high school recruiting and then use the portal to land a couple of elite guys a year and maybe a couple starters/rotational guys to fill in. We need to land more in the portal now because our roster hasn’t been that good but eventually we want to just get the Jamyr Gibbs, Jordan Addisons and Toa’taolo’s as we need an instant position of need or 2 filled.

Advertisement
For the exact reason @Dwinstitles gave the other day. I think you have to build the bulk through high school recruiting and then use the portal to land a couple of elite guys a year and maybe a couple starters/rotational guys to fill in. We need to land more in the portal now because our roster hasn’t been that good but eventually we want to just get the Jamyr Gibbs, Jordan Addisons and Toa’taolo’s as we need an instant position of need or 2 filled.
Yea our roster still has mad cheeks on it. Next elite class will start to produce results on the field. Assuming it's an elite class

Norvell is not some great transfer recruiter, stop that. He goes after more players than other schools. Cristobal dont want to stack the roster with transfer and than you have to do it every cycle. Also mass exodus every cycle can cause culture issues with little continuity. Mel Tucker won 11 games using the portal heavy, what happened the next season? Norvell may not fall off as bad im 2023 because a bunch of players come back. 2024 season, they dropping like a ship anchor.

Advertisement
Norvell is not some great transfer recruiter, stop that. He goes after more players than other schools. Cristobal dont want to stack the roster with transfer and than you have to do it every cycle. Also mass exodus every cycle can cause culture issues with little continuity. Mel Tucker won 11 games using the portal heavy, what happened the next season? Norvell may not fall off as bad im 2023 because a bunch of players come back. 2024 season, they dropping like a ship anchor.
His one transfer I give him is that RB last year he saved that team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back