2024 2024 WR Joshisa "Jojo" Trader (Miami Central)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do you think Mario hired Dawson? Because he is an "Air Raid" guy. Absolutely not. Mario made it VERY CLEAR in his first few interviews after the hire speaking on Dawson. He spoke more in depth about what he brings to the running game as far as an OC than he did Air Raid. Why, because the run game is what he prefers and leans on. Dawson utilizes Air Raid concepts. Concepts versus an offense that is all Air Raid or majority Air Raid is completely different.

This was the perfect hire for Mario. People hear Air Raid and think OMG, Mario is not as bro style as we thought. But again, do homework on Dawson. Specifically his 4 years as an OC, with two different programs, and see how he ran the ball 55% of the time to passing it 45%.

I am not saying that Mario is still going to be bro style to the 10th degree, I am just saying he hired an OC who also prefers to run the ball first. But he does appear to play to his strengths.
If u finally have an OL why not run it as long as u win games. It's not like we not going to throw it at all

Advertisement
If u finally have an OL why not run it as long as u win games. It's not like we not going to throw it at all

That's fine. But you aren't going to sell elite WRs to come to play in an offense that runs 55% of the time. So not sure why you would tell those kids to look at the YouTube videos to see the scheme. Big time WRs want to play in offenses were they get heavy targets.

Time will only tell what the offense looks like under Dawson. But if history has anything to say about it, with Mario being a heavy run guy, plus Dawson preferring the run as well when he was an OC on his own, I am guessing we will lean more run when all the pieces are in place.

That's fine. But you aren't going to sell elite WRs to come to play in an offense that runs 55% of the time. So not sure why you would tell those kids to look at the YouTube videos to see the scheme. Big time WRs want to play in offenses were they get heavy targets.

Time will only tell what the offense looks like under Dawson. But if history has anything to say about it, with Mario being a heavy run guy, plus Dawson preferring the run as well when he was an OC on his own, I am guessing we will be lean more run when all the pieces are in place.
Bama was running ancient offenses while the spread was all over cfb. Them boys were landing elite wrs all day

Weirdos on this board who don't know a lick about ball. People think you gotta throw it 60 times to win. This is college football. Here are the passing attempts per game for the teams who finished Top 10 last year:

1 -- UGA, 55th in passing attempts per game
2 -- TCU, 81st
3 -- Michigan, 114th
4 -- Ohio State, 68th
5 -- Alabama, 49th
6 -- Tennessee, 57th
7 -- Penn State, 57th
8 -- Washington, 4th
9 -- Tulane, 109th
10 -- Utah, 63rd

Hmm. That's interesting. Of the Top 10 teams in the country last year, only ONE threw the ball even remotely frequently. Washington. The next highest team was Alabama, with probably the #1 pick in the NFL draft playing QB, who threw it 49th most in the country.

Oh, and by the way, Miami was 39th in this category last year. Threw the ball more per game than every single team on this list except Washington.

Just putting 2&2 together..he would know if we aren’t recruiting him as hard as other wrs because we are recruiting one of his best friends and teammate and two others he has known since peewee football. Kinda similar to innis and fletcher last cycle, teammates/friends are gonna talk so it’ll be easier for them to read between the lines of what they’re being told by a school

This is what I was thinking. Now I would not agree with this strategy at all but there were rumors this happened last year as well (prioritizing ****ey and Innis over others) Maybe Smith is this years Innis and obviously if your teammate is getting more love you are going to feel some type of way. If we had a loaded WR room or no issue in getting WR I would not be worried but you need big time WR to win in today's game and we do not and seemingly cannot get these guys in the door the last two years.

I am also not taking anything away from Ray Ray and Robby. I hope they turn out to be #1 studs.

But you need these top guys to get back to where we want to be. Take the 2018 class for example. Loaded at CB. We miss on Surtain and Campbell, end up with Blades, Gil and Ivey. On paper it is not a bad haul, 3 four stars, Blades was ranked top 100 overall. But now look at the career paths for all 5. Similar last year with WR. 3 5* guys in our backyard, Innis goes to OSU; Keem to FSU and Brown to LSU. That cannot happen again this year with Jojo, Smith, and Chance.

• Agree
Reactions: E1k
Advertisement
Weirdos on this board who don't know a lick about ball. People think you gotta throw it 60 times to win. This is college football. Here are the passing attempts per game for the teams who finished Top 10 last year:

2 -- TCU, 81st
3 -- Michigan, 114th
4 -- Ohio State, 68th
5 -- Alabama, 49th
6 -- Tennessee, 57th
7 -- Penn State, 57th
8 -- Washington, 4th
9 -- Tulane, 109th
10 -- Utah, 63rd

Hmm. That's interesting. Of the Top 10 teams in the country last year, only ONE threw the ball even remotely frequently. Washington. The next highest team was Alabama, with probably the #1 pick in the NFL draft playing QB, who threw it 49th most in the country.

Oh, and by the way, Miami was 39th in this category last year. Threw the ball more per game than every single team on this list except Washington.
Facts u have to have a running game and big uglies an that's it. U need first day NFL talent period and they will make it work

2 -- TCU, 81st
3 -- Michigan, 114th
4 -- Ohio State, 68th
5 -- Alabama, 49th
6 -- Tennessee, 57th
7 -- Penn State, 57th
8 -- Washington, 4th
9 -- Tulane, 109th
10 -- Utah, 63rd

Lmao. Curious, did anyone say what you are proclaiming? Because I sure as **** didin't see anyone make the claim you have to air the ball out 60 times a game to win.

Maybe keep to the discussion at hand and not get lost and go off on some tangent that nobody is discussing.

Last edited:
There’s not nearly as much action in recruiting late as there used to be. Which makes the early months a little more important than previous years.

Exactly. But let others believe that we can flip kids late no problem because a "bag" and Mario.

Advertisement
I was stunned last year on how few did. One would think that in NIL’s second year this would have not be the case and that there would be more flips than ever. Instead as you stated, most elite kids got locked up early.
I posted when the NIL started expect kids to jump in earlier than previous years, assure their spot / deal. That’s why you recruit everyone no matter how high or low they are on your board. There’s a reason Manny constantly got caught holding his ****** late.

2 -- TCU, 81st
3 -- Michigan, 114th
4 -- Ohio State, 68th
5 -- Alabama, 49th
6 -- Tennessee, 57th
7 -- Penn State, 57th
8 -- Washington, 4th
9 -- Tulane, 109th
10 -- Utah, 63rd

Not weird just incompetent.

2 -- TCU, 81st
3 -- Michigan, 114th
4 -- Ohio State, 68th
5 -- Alabama, 49th
6 -- Tennessee, 57th
7 -- Penn State, 57th
8 -- Washington, 4th
9 -- Tulane, 109th
10 -- Utah, 63rd

Somewhat misleading stat. When you are losing, you are somewhat forced to throw the ball more often. I think that played a role in Miami's passing attempts.

Advertisement
Somewhat misleading stat. When you are losing, you are somewhat forced to throw the ball more often. I think that played a role in Miami's passing attempts.
Bama throws it around nowadays but runs late because they’re up. Uga was actually very creative the last two years but also ran the ball late. When you’re winning your run stats will ALWAYS be higher than pass. Those two schools and OSU all pass but they also run majority of the fourth quarters of most games. Teams aren’t lining up pounding the ball all game anymore.

No argument there.. Recruits knew before we did fwiw. My only point is if you truly are a "lean", why say anything at all? Let it play out. If there is an issue, reach out to MC.

Maybe diva was wrong term. I'd like to change it to soft shouldered. Is that fair?

I would support "wishy-washy" or just "indecisive". Then again, I think most teenagers are wishy-washy and indecisive.

I would support "wishy-washy" or just "indecisive". Then again, I think most teenagers are wishy-washy and indecisive.
I wouldn't have a problem with either.

It's March of his Junior year of HS. What's the rush? Just also happens to be my point on KB. Dude is still jetlagged. Let's not block his number just yet. Chill, bro.

Advertisement

Agreed, but it's not like all those teams played blowouts every week. UGA played a lot, but every week TCU played close games. Bama played something like six one score games? Maybe more? Utah didn't blow people out. Penn State didn't.

It's not the world's most perfect stat, no doubt. But these teams aren't just throw the ball all over the yard every play. The key here is how efficient they are when they do throw. It seems like every play is a pass, it's not. Look up how many of those top 10 teams were hyper efficient in yards per attempt. That's the difference. They don't throw it 50 times a game. Teams like UGA and Michigan and Utah etc have big, physical offensive lines and they whip people's *** up front. They run the ball plenty. But when they throw it, they do it effectively.

Kids pick schools alot based on trenches. If they see a dominant front seven what db won't want to play behind that? Then OL protection all day and a running game....what wr won't want to play in that it's easy pickings for them. Safeties creep up linebackers and then u cook.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back