2024 2024 WR Joshisa "Jojo" Trader (Miami Central)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beard has been here a week. Miami's been in a transition period (plus starting Spring ball/implementing new system). To go from layup to FSU lean due to attention sounds very immature.

We need WR badly but divas? Nah. Maybe later when the culture can handle it. Bring me a kid who wants to work.

Idk if you missed it...but Diva WR's are all over the NFL. ****, didn't a Diva WR body slam his coach and win a Natty in the same year? Lmao...Stacy Coley was halfway injured after every catch mid celebration and he'd walk in and be our best WR right now.

Advertisement
Here is something many aren't taking into consideration. Most elite kids are now locked up by the summer. NSD is now effectively in December. Kids are using all there officials in the spring/summer.

For us, and this upcoming season, that is just not good for us. Why? Well because with an entirely new offensive staff and quite a few changes to the defensive staff, these kids aren't able to make decisions based on what they see on the field in 2023. They are going to have to make decisions to come to UM based on relationships with those recruiting them, position coaches and or Mario. Most of the relationships are going to be new as well. And there is only so much you can sell them after the 2022 season. Even with a nice NIL package, that is just not enough.

Honestly, that is why I was surprised with quite a few of our new hires. The reality is not any of the new hires are considered elite, **** even very good on the recruiting front. Now, maybe they will have more drive, are harder workers and even more committed, but that does not equate to being a good recruiter.

Mario is going to have to do a lot of work again this year, especially from now through the summer to lock up some of these elite kids. Something he had to do to much of last year, and now he finds himself in a very similar situation.

Idk if you missed it...but Diva WR's are all over the NFL. ****, didn't a Diva WR body slam his coach and win a Natty in the same year? Lmao...Stacy Coley was halfway injured after every catch mid celebration and he'd walk in and be our best WR right now.
I'm not anti-Diva's, I just said we might need one more year of grinders while changing this culture. Jaden Harris instead of Travis Hunter. (not specifically) If a stud wants in, you take him. Just don't beg & get played.

Where are you getting issues with NIL?
We will see over the course of the year. Just going to assumer it's because of the offensive struggles last year. I just can't imagine that if we put a top notch product on the field that we continue to miss out on top outside WRs whether it be portal or HS. There's really only two things that are going to matter, ability to shine in an offense and what's your NIL deal?

Here is something many aren't taking into consideration. Most elite kids are now locked up by the summer. NSD is now effectively in December. Kids are using all there officials in the spring/summer.

For us, and this upcoming season, that is just not good for us. Why? Well because with an entirely new offensive staff and quite a few changes to the defensive staff, these kids aren't able to make decisions based on what they see on the field in 2023. They are going to have to make decisions to come to UM based on relationships with those recruiting them, position coaches and or Mario. Most of the relationships are going to be new as well. And there is only so much you can sell them after the 2022 season. Even with a nice NIL package, that is just not enough.

Honestly, that is why I was surprised with quite a few of our new hires. The reality is not any of the new hires are considered elite, **** even very good on the recruiting front. Now, maybe they will have more drive, are harder workers and even more committed, but that does not equate to being a good recruiter.

Mario is going to have to do a lot of work again this year, especially from now through the summer to lock up some of these elite kids. Something he had to do to much of last year, and now he finds himself in a very similar situation.
Kids flip late all the time.

It is Miami, it is home, Mario is a great recruiter, and the bag is there. If the offense is what we all hope, being committed elsewhere is not an issue IMO.

Advertisement

It is Miami, it is home, Mario is a great recruiter, and the bag is there. If the offense is what we all hope, being committed elsewhere is not an issue IMO.

Check how many elite kids flip late compared to 10 years ago. It is NOWHERE near the same. Especially with NIL now in place.

If the bag is there they will come. There are a ton of YT videos describing the scheme. I'm sure kids see that on YT and know better than us if it's a good fit. They know they aren't stupid they do their research. It's what I would do. But would still pick UM u less the bag is life changing. On my visit to bama I'll take a massive dump on sabans car.

A couple months ago most had him as a lock. A lot has changed since then though. I wasn’t going to post on the matter but since it’s out I’ll just say Miami and Beard need to do better. This was a layup at one time smh. That’s all I’ll say on the matter.
Cribby, would you be able to say this need to "do better" has either been conveyed or is understood by Beard and others?

If the bag is there they will come. There are a ton of YT videos describing the scheme. I'm sure kids see that on YT and know better than us if it's a good fit. They know they aren't stupid they do their research. It's what I would do. But would still pick UM u less the bag is life changing. On my visit to bama I'll take a massive dump on sabans car.

You do realize the scheme is not as pass heavy as you think, right? Before the last 2 years in Houston, when Dawson was an OC (without Dana) at Kentucky and Southern Miss he ran the ball 55/45. He is a run first OC if he has the personnel. He was forced into being more pass happy at Houston the last 2 years. Some of you need to do more homework on Dawson.

Advertisement
It’s always a “lay-up” until these SFL kids actually start seeing other schools after their junior seasons. That and using Miamis recruitment as publicity to get other schools to notice. If Miami is on a SFL athlete early in their recruitment other schools notice… kids know that too

I just watched Jojo's film. This might be because I also watched Jeremiah Smith which blew me away, but I wasn't blown away. Good looking player, but I wasn't blown away like I was with Smith.

I was expecting to see a little more in the open field. There was one move where he did the Dante Hall juke, which was nasty. So I can see the potential is there. But most of his film was go-route type stuff. He has good hands, he is very smooth/natural, & he seems to have good speed. But I didn't see a technician route runner though, which is what I would like to see at his size/weight.

Again, great player and an obvious take. Not sure he is the 11th-best player in the country, though.

You do realize the scheme is not as pass heavy as you think, right? Before the last 2 years in Houston, when Dawson was an OC (without Dana) at Kentucky and Southern Miss he ran the ball 55/45. He is a run first OC if he has the personnel. He was forced into being more pass happy at Houston the last 2 years. Some of you need to do more homework on Dawson.
Maybe depends on the personel. Like if u got someone u can feed in the backfield and he's doing well u win that way. I like coaches who adjust to what they have. If u don't have an OL u make things quick. I think last season we had no OL which made things very ugly. We lost the LOS battle in most games. The coaches we have seem to coach to strength not impose their will on a player. I like coaches like that willing to adapt to the personel. I don't know his situation at the other jobs but he ran it so what. It's not like he had a qb that guy was atrocious. Also I'm not a believer in TVD let's see if he tries to change that or rolls with the running game.

Check how many elite kids flip late compared to 10 years ago. It is NOWHERE near the same. Especially with NIL now in place.
I am not talking about signing day, hat on the table flip. I am talking about decommitting late in the senior season and committing elsewhere.

I don't know how often it happens, but it happens enough. If there is interest, which it appears there is, and the on-field product is ****, you have the ingredients. You then just need the chef to put them together, and that is Mario.

I mean, recruiting is the least of our worries. The WR position, in particular, is where I believe the on-field product in 2023 gives us the best chance of making late moves, for exactly the opposite of what you posted - Miami/Mario is getting negative recruited now for last year's pass offense, so elite kids are looking elsewhere and may commit elsewhere, even if they kind of want to stay home and play at Miami. A good showing in the fall and we make a late push to flip them.

Advertisement
Time will tell. Watch the schools who pursue him hard.
When I say he doesn't look like the 11th best player in the country, it's not like I went and watched film of the top 50 kids and have them ranked. In that sense, 11th best is all relative to the competition - maybe he is 11th best.

I guess what I am saying is I don't see him as a can't miss prospect, as I do with Innis & Smith.

Maybe depends on the personel. Like if u got someone u can feed in the backfield and he's doing well u win that way. I like coaches who adjust to what they have. If u don't have an OL u make things quick. I think last season we had no OL which made things very ugly. We lost the LOS battle in most games. The coaches we have seem to coach to strength not impose their will on a player. I like coaches like that willing to adapt to the personel. I don't know his situation at the other jobs but he ran it so what. It's not like he had a qb that guy was atrocious. Also I'm not a believer in TVD let's see if he tries to change that or rolls with the running game.

Why do you think Mario hired Dawson? Because he is an "Air Raid" guy. Absolutely not. Mario made it VERY CLEAR in his first few interviews after the hire speaking on Dawson. He spoke more in depth about what he brings to the running game as far as an OC than he did Air Raid. Why, because the run game is what he prefers and leans on. Dawson utilizes Air Raid concepts. Concepts versus an offense that is all Air Raid or majority Air Raid is completely different.

This was the perfect hire for Mario. People hear Air Raid and think OMG, Mario is not as bro style as we thought. But again, do homework on Dawson. Specifically his 4 years as an OC, with two different programs, and see how he ran the ball 55% of the time to passing it 45%.

I am not saying that Mario is still going to be bro style to the 10th degree, I am just saying he hired an OC who also prefers to run the ball first. But he does appear to play to his strengths.

Advertisement
When I say he doesn't look like the 11th best player in the country, it's not like I went and watched film of the top 50 kids and have them ranked. In that sense, 11th best is all relative to the competition - maybe he is 11th best.

I guess what I am saying is I don't see him as a can't miss prospect, as I do with Innis & Smith.
I'm agreeing with you on his film. If OSU, UGA, SCw, Bama don't throw the book at him, that will speak volumes.

Win the ACC, make a ny6 bowl, have a first rounder or 2, be tops in NIL. Get anyone you want. Idc where we are at with anyone rn. A winning season + NIL changes all.

I am not talking about signing day, hat on the table flip. I am talking about decommitting late in the senior season and committing elsewhere.

I don't know how often it happens, but it happens enough. If there is interest, which it appears there is, and the on-field product is ****, you have the ingredients. You then just need the chef to put them together, and that is Mario.

I mean, recruiting is the least of our worries. The WR position, in particular, is where I believe the on-field product in 2023 gives us the best chance of making late moves, for exactly the opposite of what you posted - Miami/Mario is getting negative recruited now for last year's pass offense, so elite kids are looking elsewhere and may commit elsewhere, even if they kind of want to stay home and play at Miami. A good showing in the fall and we make a late push to flip them.

I am not talking about hat on the table either. It does happen, but compared to before, it does not happen as frequently. And again, NIL plays a huge factor in this now.

I was stunned last year on how few did. One would think that in NIL’s second year this would have not be the case and that there would be more flips than ever. Instead as you stated, most elite kids got locked up early.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back