2024 2024 WR Joshisa "Jojo" Trader (Miami Central)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah unfortunately those south Florida WR's that busted elsewhere get swept under the rug in public perception.

Jones-Bell-Alabama
Xavier Williams-Alabama
Tyler Harrell-Alabama transfer
Marcus Rosemary-UGA
Ermon Lane-FSU
Jaden Alexis-Texas
Johnnie Dixon-Ohio State
Frank Ladson-Clemson-had a better year under Gattis than at Clemson

Alexis has done zero so far, FYI. I remember losing him stinging. He's only been there two years, but he's played only a few snaps on special teams in one game against a patsy. Not even any mop up time at WR let alone a catch. Wouldn't be surprised to see him explore the portal.

As an aside, his major at Texas is "Human Dimension of Organizations."

Last edited:
Advertisement
Miami needs like a 3 year sabbatical from recruiting Elite S.FL WRs ….

Attend some seminars or watch some YouTube videos or something. We cannot get it right 😂😂

Comes back in a few years fresh and rejuvenated
TDZ2TE6 (1)~2.jpg

From ON3:

Georgia was the first program to offer Miami (Fla.) Chaminade-Madonna five-star wide receiver Joshisa Trader.

The Bulldogs have hung around in the recruitment of the No. 14 overall prospect in the 2024 On3 Industry Rankings. Trader released a top five back on Dec. 25, 2022. That five included Florida, Florida State, Ohio State, Miami and Tennessee. Georgia appears to have replaced their SEC East rivals. Trader now names the Bulldogs in his five and not the Volunteers.

On3’s Recruiting Prediction Machine has Miami as Trader’s leader. The Hurricanes have a 66.7% chance of landing the five-star wideout.

Trader has a lot of love for Georgia. He’s built bonds with both head coach Kirby Smart and wide receivers coach Bryan McClendon when he’s had the chance to speak with them.

“That was the first school to offer me,” Trader said. “I had a good talk with coach Kirby (Smart) and coach Bryan McClendon.”

Georgia has been in on Trader hard as of late. They fall into the category with the other programs that want him committed right now.

Trader has remained consistent in his message that his commitment will come after the season.

Trader will take an official visit to Georgia. He is in the process of setting the date to make his way to Athens likely this summer.

Georgia is in a major battle for the No. 1 overall prospect in the class of 2024 in Dylan Raiola. USC overtook Georgia the Bulldogs according to RPM over the weekend. Raiola visited USC and the Trojans impressed.

Trader admittedly is watching that recruitment closely. Trader as well as fellow five-star wide receiver teammate at Chaminade Madonna, Jeremiah Smith, both have solid relationships with Raiola.

If Raiola ends up in Athens, Trader admits he’ll have to take a deep look into Georgia. The Bulldogs have been known for their defensive dominance but Trader can see a trend toward an even more explosive offensive approach in the coming years.

“They’ve been throwing the ball more and I’ve been seeing it,” Trader said. “It’s a good mindset. I have a good relationship with Dylan and he’s been talking to me about that.”

Advertisement
Same thing I just posted in the TJ Capers thread.

Didn’t we pay Mario top notch money to land the right staff and not let five star talents leave SoFla.

So far the results are the same thing as Manny. Recruiting decent, having to add depth via the portal, and hiring and firing your OC after 1 year

Didn’t we pay Mario top notch money to land the right staff and not let five star talents leave SoFla.

So far the results are the same thing as Manny. Recruiting decent, having to add depth via the portal, and hiring and firing your OC after 1 year

There is literally no amount of money you can pay a coach to prevent this from happening in 2023. It's going to take time, resources, excellent decision-making, improved results on the field, and a period of "developmental success" (i.e., getting more kids into the league and paid) to undo the damage of the last (nearly) 20 years.

Yeah so Bain and Ray Ray and Robby wouldnt have been elsewhere? Wasnt Ray Ray committed to Clemson cuz Manny said he was too small. Bain would definitely have been at Bama. What about Nyjelik? We just hired to OC and WR coach and Trader said he waiting till after the season. I was concerned about Bain and Damari also. We got them. Manny never got a top 7 class. We struggled recruiting WRs and as usual u man like to overstate stuff or simply just lie.

Advertisement
This is correct.

I’m on the periphery locally this year.

What I have is close enough to be valid, but I knew in the spring last year those two kids weren’t coming.

All I know on Trader is it’s trending in the wrong direction quickly.

Look, I'm not going to fight you on all of this.

But what I WILL SAY is that declaring something "in the spring last year" is equally BULL****.

I'm not giving up my sources, but I'll just say that JoJo felt VERY good about Miami recently. Now, that was before the Coachpocalypse, and maybe the new guys have not yet made contact, or good enough contact, so I'm not going to crap on "trending in the wrong direction quickly".

But "I knew in the spring last year" is garbage too. Not that you weren't accurate THEN, but more about whether that meant anything for NEXT YEAR. Two years is a long time, no matter how you slice it.

And I know Jojo's mind has changed a couple of times in the meantime.

Smith. Trader. Capers.

I know it’s early but man … the direction right now fkn stings.

Just being honest - what is the "direction" with Smith? He's already committed elsewhere, then got chastised for tweeting some nice words for Beard.

If you honestly believe that guy is going to stick with Ohio Taint...ok, whatever, I don't care, believe what you want to believe. But there is no "direction". He's committed elsewhere. That's a status.

I think we'll be alright actually. We can recruit the **** out of the fact our system allowed for the top receiver in the league (Yards)

Walton and Ray Ray were guys that were supposedly 'trending away' from coming this time last year. In fact, both committed to other schools. I'd let the new staff cook before openly declaring that things aren't trending in the right direction.

If a wide-open offensive system that local WR have been calling for still isn't enough to sign kids like Trader then you really can't fix stupid and it's time to recalibrate our approach at the position.

Advertisement
More like with Mario. Tons of new faces on this staff and most aren't known for there recruiting ability.
Yup. I've said, and many others have as well, that's the one flaw of some of these hires. Mario should have added a monster recruiter, or two, so he could focus elsewhere. Seider, Etheridge, Robinson, etc types who can recruit multiple positions leaving Mario the task of just putting the cherry on top. Position coaches are usually the top recruiters too yet our's have little-to-no experience going up against the big dogs.

Reactions: STG

Recruiting was/is better, especially locally. I mean we killed it locally (as long as you are being realistic and don't have visions in your head they we are going to land more than 50% of the offers in SoFla...Maybe closer to 60 once you get in the top 10. Did we need 1 more wide receiver? Yes we did.

Only year that compared to Diaz was when kids were staying home all over the nation due to covid. And I'm not sure it was 3 of the top 5 and 7 of the what top 12-14 kids?

(Bain, Fletcher, Williams, Joseph, Brown, Johnson, Jackson)...Jackson was top 5 on every one's 2024 list. This doesn't even include Bobby Washington who very well could round out the bottom of that list. That is better decent and a big step forward. If think otherwise I think expectations have kinda gotten away from you. Butch Davis didn't land 3 out of 4 Tri-County offers. No one has.

Last edited:
Advertisement

Did we not just sign our best class in over 15 years

Btw in yall whining about local players leaving where does taking players from gator territory like Malik and their literal backyard like Kinsler. And getting our foot in IMG. Or are we just gonna whine about losing WRs who didnt wanna come? Also best believe if local guys dont wanna come we aint striking out nationwide on WRs, top ranked ones. Guaranteed. Oh yeah i also forgot Fletcher who was committed to Ohio.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back