2024 Transfer Portal QB

sstcane

Sophomore
Premium
If TVD has a good season and leaves for the NFL Draft I think we definitely need to bring in a QB next year.

Im hopping Brock Vandagriff or Maalik Murphy enter the portal and we could pull one of them.

What other QB’s would you project to be available- either highly talented but little playing time like these 2. Or a possible veteran looking to boost his draft stock.

Advertisement
Other potential names (I’m sure at the G5 level there will be highly productive names also)

Jalen Milroe, Bama - still may be the starter at Bama
Sam Huard, Cal Poly - not sure since already transferred
Braylon Braxton, Tulsa
Taylen Greene, Boise State
Clay Millen, Colorado State

Van ******* is gone either way. He either goes pro or transfers to SMU to reunite with Rhett. Hoping its the former. Whoever was rumored to be possibly transferring in if he left has to be on top of their list for 2024

Advertisement
Van ******* is gone either way. He either goes pro or transfers to SMU to reunite with Rhett. Hoping its the former. Whoever was rumored to be possibly transferring in if he left has to be on top of their list for 2024
Feel like it would have definitely been Pratt from Tulane. He’s a senior next season not sure if he has any eligibility left but he’s a stud QB.

3000 yards 27:5 ratio from Boca

@Memnon

What do you make of this? Too early for potential portal QB analysis?
Depending on how the season turns out, there could be any number of Big names in the Portal come December - Mar after the season.

Maalik Murphy will definitely be a highly touted commodity due his talent & you can expect quite a few of the highly ranked kids who have signed within the last 2+ years that haven’t started yet will definitely be looking around for an opportunity.

There will definitely be a few starters at lower level programs maybe looking to go for a Playoff run at big program, a guy like Seth Henigan comes to mind (if he decides to stay another year & not declare) along with QB’s like:

- Zevi Eckhaus
- Cole Snyder
- EJ Warner
- (Whoever’s not the starter at Ole Miss)
- DJ Irons
- Chandler Rogers
- Theo Day
- RJ Martinez

Among many others fit the bill as lower level guys who could be looking for a move up.

Big name P5 QB’s at major programs are unpredictable, so it would be pure speculation on that part, but you can bet money a bunch of them will be contacted & enticed to move to new teams.

The Portal QB option is & will always be available from here on out, it simply comes down to making a good eval & having an OC that has an offense that’s conducive to QB productivity.

I 1,000% think we need a Portal Qb for next year, but that’s just me.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Depending on how the season turns out, there could be any number of Big names in the Portal come December - Mar after the season.

Maalik Murphy will definitely be a highly touted commodity due his talent & you can expect quite a few of the highly ranked kids who have signed within the last 2+ years that haven’t started yet will definitely be looking around for an opportunity.

There will definitely be a few starters are lower level programs maybe looking to go for a Playoff run at big program, a guy like Seth Henigan comes to mind (if he decides to stay another year & not declare) along with QB’s like:

- Zevi Eckhaus
- Cole Snyder
- EJ Warner
- DJ Irons
- Chandler Rogers
- Theo Day
- RJ Martinez

Among many others fit the bill as lower level guys who could be looking for a move up.

Big name P5 QB’s at major programs are unpredictable, so it would be pure speculation on that part, but you can bet money a bunch of them will be contacted & enticed to move to new teams.

The Portal QB option is & will always be available from here on out, it simply comes down to making a good eval & having an OC that has an offense that’s conducive to QB productivity.

Greatly appreciate your contributions. Happy 4th and thanks for posting.

There will definitely be a few starters are lower level programs maybe looking to go for a Playoff run at big program, a guy like Seth Henigan comes to mind (if he decides to stay another year & not declare) along with QB’s like:

- Zevi Eckhaus
- Cole Snyder
- EJ Warner
- DJ Irons
- Chandler Rogers
- Theo Day
- RJ Martinez

For Seth Henigan, his first offer was Houston (got in a month b4 Dawson was hired as QBC, but was still on staff)

Edit: adding another connection to staff, current Memphis OC was OC at FIU under Mario

Last edited:

There will definitely be a few starters at lower level programs maybe looking to go for a Playoff run at big program, a guy like Seth Henigan comes to mind (if he decides to stay another year & not declare) along with QB’s like:

- Zevi Eckhaus
- Cole Snyder
- EJ Warner
- DJ Irons
- Chandler Rogers
- Theo Day
- RJ Martinez

Welcome Back Memnon, missed your posts greatly.

Any two year JUCO QBs left for this season to fill in if TVD goes down?

Advertisement

- Zevi Eckhaus
- Cole Snyder
- EJ Warner
- DJ Irons
- Chandler Rogers
- Theo Day
- RJ Martinez

You’re a gentleman and a scholar. Much appreciated.

- Zevi Eckhaus
- Cole Snyder
- EJ Warner
- DJ Irons
- Chandler Rogers
- Theo Day
- RJ Martinez

Great to see you back.

Advertisement
Great question, but I think if TVD has a good season it's not enough anymore. He needs 2 good seasons to position himself for the 2025 draft, similar to Bo Nix.

Advertisement
Back