2024 to be best UM football schedule since 1987...

TheOriginalCane

So say good night to the bad guy!
Premium
Alright, in 2024, Miami will play...

Florida
Notre Dame
F$U
VaTech

That's 4 of our best games from 1987, my sophomore year at UM and my first chance to see us win a national championship.

Now, hear me out...we get Blake to flip the Miami (OH) game from 2023 to 2024 (replacing FAMU)...and we add one from the list of Arkansas, Maryland, Cincy, ECU, or South Carolina...and half of our 2024 season is a duplicate of 1987...

We do a 37th Anniversary celebration, bring back the '87 team, Irvin(g), Walsh, the Blades brothers, Gary, Perriman, Chud, Roberts, Sullivan, RANDY Shannon, Maryland, Mark, Stubbs, JEFF Feagles (time heals all wounds), and the great Jimmy Johnson.

F Blake, I should be AD.

Advertisement
Miami has to continue improving its a schedule like this. I keep saying it. A soft schedule only hurts the program in many ways, especially if we lose 1-2 games. With 2024/2025 schedule, you can argue, with 1-2 losses, beat Clemson in ACC title game and you’re in playoffs.

Advertisement
Miami in the 80's....what a time to be alive! LMAO

In 1987, we beat 6 teams ranked in the Top 20 when we played them, and we knocked the Gaytors (31-4) and the Razorbacks (51-7) out of the Top 20.

I know people are going to mention 2001, but that 1987 team was an unstoppable beast.

Coaching staff - JJ, OC Gary Stevens, DC Dave Wannstedt, Hubb Alexander, BUTCH, Kehoe, Soldinger, Tony Wise, Dave Campo...****, Tommy Tuberville was a GRAD ASSISTANT.

Players were outstanding, 11 were drafted in 1988 alone (8 in 1989 as well), including Michael Irvin and Bennie Blades.

Advertisement
Back