2024 Sophomore Jump

The Sophomore year is typically when the superstars of college football show themselves. Who do you think will take that big jump and become a star for Miami?

MY PICKS
OT Francis Mauigoa SO

DL Rueben Bain SO

RB Mark Fletcher SO

CB Damari Brown SO

DL Josh Horton RFR
And hopefully no sophomore slumps. Go Canes 🏈

Advertisement
The DE/DL opposite Bain.

Bain should simply improve with more experience but will have to start dealing with teams pass-blocking schemes focusing on him even more than at the end of last season.

We need whomever plays opposite him to take advantage, be it Wayne, Kelly, or whomever, regardless of class.

The DE/DL opposite Bain.

Bain should simply improve with more experience but will have to start dealing with teams pass-blocking schemes focusing on him even more than at the end of last season.

We need whomever plays opposite him to take advantage, be it Wayne, Kelly, or whomever, regardless of class.
I mean, it should be Mesidor and he was likely to be our best defender last season. Unless Bain or Mesidor somehow end up inside, that's one **** of a "you're not going to run outside the edge on us" tandem.

Advertisement
That's an excellent list but we also have guys like Jadais Richard, Jaden Harris and the young LBs like Popo, Bobby Washington, Marcellus Pullium etc. Also the depth will improve with jumps from Jaden Wayne and Kelly.
I like this post alot I would add Stafford and Riley at TE! I think Popo takes Wes spot if he doesn't that's a **** good thing cause we need Wes!

The Sophomore year is typically when the superstars of college football show themselves. Who do you think will take that big jump and become a star for Miami?

MY PICKS
OT Francis Mauigoa SO

DL Rueben Bain SO

RB Mark Fletcher SO

CB Damari Brown SO

DL Josh Horton RFR
I got those exact 5 as well, and add Jayden Wayne & Ray Ray & Chris Johnson as others who will take a huge step forward also

Cam McCormick

Thats Good Robert Deniro GIF

Advertisement
Perfect world we see someone like Malik Bryant explode on to the scene and can play in space and off the edge in certain capacities. Otherwise, Robby Washington and Ray Ray would be nice to have a jump from

Advertisement
I think Riley/Damari take biggest jump from the “what they did last year” group.

I fear Samson is gone after spring. Reports that Kinsler and Bell have taken lead for open LG spot…. Real chance Samson doesn’t start until at least 2025, which is far too long to wait for what UM is paying.

I know what to expect from the 23 class. It was elite and early returns showed that.

More importantly can we please get some production from the top half of 22 class? We desperately need Bissainthe and Kelly to develop into dudes this year. One of the keys to the season in my opinion is getting more from the 22 class

I think Riley/Damari take biggest jump from the “what they did last year” group.

I fear Samson is gone after spring. Reports that Kinsler and Bell have taken lead for open LG spot…. Real chance Samson doesn’t start until at least 2025, which is far too long to wait for what UM is paying.
Anything else you can share?

Advertisement
Anything else you can share?
- JoJo the most talented WR, and it’s easily visible

- Anez Cooper has taken that next step mentally & physically, someone told me they think he’s a day 2 pick next April.

- Most physically gifted LB room UM has had since 2006.

- Keeping Harrison-Hunte was one of the best recruiting wins this offseason. He’s being viewed as a key component on the defense.

- JoJo the most talented WR, and it’s easily visible

- Anez Cooper has taken that next step mentally & physically, someone told me they think he’s a day 2 pick next April.

- Most physically gifted LB room UM has had since 2006.

- Keeping Harrison-Hunte was one of the best recruiting wins this offseason. He’s being viewed as a key component on the defense.
FWIW to add to the JoJo line above, I texted a buddy who played for Golden and Richt asking what he thinks about the hype, his response was “think AR impact in 2016”.

Advertisement
Back