2024 OL Isendre “Papa” Ahfua

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not going to put all the weight in the world on one recruiting class, when this is a multi year rebuild trying to erase 20 years of being bad.
I think of rebuilds as 1) Lose big but reset the foundation 2) Lose Close setting the culture up long-term 3) Win Close 4) Win Big.
And that's not just W/L that I'd be looking at. I'm talking how we win or lose. It's possible we only win 8 but look good doing it (blowing out lesser teams, and maybe loosing close to good teams).. And if we win 10, maybe we don't look as good, and shouldn't expect a linearly increasing W/L% the following year....

I think we will be good this season. I'm very confident in the direction this program is heading. But will 8 wins or 9 or even 10 make recruits completely forget about 20 years and us suddenly be in top 3 recruiting class territory? Not imo. I think the two year average of how last years OLine+POrtal class and this years class is shaping out is NET GREAT, and right where we should expect/want to be. I think for the next year or two stacking 5 star after 5 star at the same position, is an overexpectation, particularly when they are players that should be 2-3 year starters. We just aren't at that Bama/UGA/ or even tOSU level of success yet. Its just the reality. I expect us to win and lose recruiting battles against top programs. But overall I think there is a CLEAR upwards trajectory, that will see us going from a fringe top 20-25 program over the last 2 decades to a clear top 15 program, and then from there we move our way into clear stable top 10-5 range by 2026.

The only thing I am concerened about and the aspect that I believe can turn this rebuild into a quick or long one is what happens at QB. Is Jacurri going to become decently accurate? Is Emory the guy? Are we going to land an elite transfer next year to give those guys another year?... If we land an elite long-term QB I think we will be able in CFP sooner than later.

However I still don't think we're going to consistently be a top 3 Recruiting program. We're going to get a lot of 3 star developmental guys along the way. I think most years will be 7-10, with a couple sprinklings of top 5 and maybe just top 13 if the class is smaller...
I think most reasonable fans would be good with top 10 classes, but that is looking very unlikely this season unless we go on some kinda tare and close out on a bunch of highly rated guys, which appear to be trending away.
If we are going to continue signing classes in the 20s, we’ll be in same spot we are now in another 20 years.

Advertisement
We went 5-7 and in the ACC. That **** ain’t gonna cut it. Staff is not the problem, IMO, because we are clearly in it for a lot of guys.

Have to have a good product and win games.

The Tallahassee Booty Holes this time last year, got worked on the trail. Went out and won 10 games and that’s why they are where they are now.

WE HAVE TO WIN
Pretty simple.

We can take a hit on the trail this year but we have to win.
That same FsU team over the last five years averaged a #20 ranking…with a high of #18 five years ago.

JUST WIN.

I Guess If You Say So GIF
We are cooked

We are 100% in a holding pattern when it comes to shelling out NIL. A lot of this can attributable to Ruiz and his loud mouth. Unless something changes between now and September I wouldn’t expect any major changes. Forget Breland, Stone. Etc. be prepared for top 25 class.

I’m telling you right now.. other schools are going to cherry pick our top guys committed bc of the lack of NIL.

Also I know for a fact the NIL is being used against us in recruiting. (thanks Ruiz).
I don’t know if you know this to be fact or have any inside knowledge, but I’m 100% convinced this is exactly what is happening.
Mario didn’t just forget how to recruit. We’ve been on many of these kids a long time and got multiple visits but then the bottom falls out all of a sudden. It’s 100% NIL related and our lack of funds.
I believe Ruiz pulled much of his contributions and the school is having trouble making up the difference, had no backup plan and were not diversified enough.

I think most reasonable fans would be good with top 10 classes, but that is looking very unlikely this season unless we go on some kinda tare and close out on a bunch of highly rated guys, which appear to be trending away.
If we are going to continue signing classes in the 20s, we’ll be in same spot we are now in another 20 years.
Manny’s ‘19 class was the last time we were in the 20’s.

Advertisement
I don’t know if you know this to be fact or have any inside knowledge, but I’m 100% convinced this is exactly what is happening.
Mario didn’t just forget how to recruit. We’ve been on many of these kids a long time and got multiple visits but then the bottom falls out all of a sudden. It’s 100% NIL related and our lack of funds.
I believe Ruiz pulled much of his contributions and the school is having trouble making up the difference, had no backup plan and were not diversified enough.
Agree and Ruiz halt seemed to come instantly and not gradually where it would have given us more time to collect money and prepare.If this is the case then maybe there's hope for the 25 class if we can catch up to the rest of the top NIL programs.

VERY easy to negatively recruit against Miami right now. Not saying Miami has nothing to sell, of course they always will. But if you're looking into reasons to NOT go to Miami, it's very, very easy at the moment:

- What conference are you going to be playing in? You can come here and play in the SEC, or you can go to Miami and play against.....who?
- Yeah, we stunk last year or the year before, but Miami has stunk for 20 years
- You need an elite QB to win. They can't get anybody at that position to go there
- Mario can't field an offense. You see how bad they were on that side of the ball last year?
- Ruiz is broke

That took about 12 seconds off the top of my head. I think the college coaches around the country can make that 500x better and more thorough.

Bottom line, last year was EXTREMELY bad. Like, it's almost impossible to completely wash the stink off it as just a "one off"....plus you don't get the benefit of the doubt when you've been pretty bad overall for the entire lifetimes of some of these kids. I won't claim to know the inner workings of NIL, but people who do know it better than me are saying it's competitive, at worst. So I don't think we're losing kids simply due to being outbid. It's a combination of things.

I will say this, though. Things look really bad now. But I will continue to try to take a step back from this and wait until the ink is dry. Mario pulled a miracle in his first class here, then his first "real" class last year was the best we've ever signed. It's fine to not like the way this smells right now, but until the ink is dry, I will let him do his thing and then judge how good/bad/acceptable it is.

-Ruiz is broke. If you don’t believe me, just log-on to CIS….Thee Hurricane fan site…and hear it right from their fans.
They know!

Lets say we have a Recruiting budget where we want to spend $1M on a WR.
School B has a budget where they spend $500K, School C has a budget of $1.2M, school D has a budget of $350K, School E has a budget of $600k.

We want 3 studs, School B is going all in for 1 stud, School C wants 2, School D only wants 1, and School E wants 3 as well but where they spend 50% on one, and 25% on the remaining two... . Lets say there are 7 Elite WRs in this recruiting class.

On average if each school got 3 WRs, We would be spending $333k/player, B would be spending $166k/player, C spending $400k/player, D spending $116k/player, and E spending 200k/player.

But where do those players actually go? It isn't based on the average, which would have us as far and away 2nd in this example.

The top 3 guys would choose School B and C. While school B is spending $500K all on one guy, School C is spending say 60% of their $1.2M budget on top guy and 40% on second guy ($480k).
4th best is going to be a tough choice between US and School D who is going all in with their $350k on one guy, whereas we're trying to offer $333k...
5th-7th best will be a competition between US and School E Who is offering slightly less at $300k for their top guy...

See how us at even 2nd best NIL fund could lost out not just to teams with the higher fund, but the teams with the lower fund choosing to go all in for less players. If WE DID that, it would be non-stop complaining on here about how many 3 stars we are taking - oh wait there already is all that. Keep in mind as it currently stands in real life we have an elite WR already committed, another very highly rated one, and are currently going after another 2 5star WRs...
Are you a question writer for the SAT exam?

Advertisement
Agree and Ruiz halt seemed to come instantly and not gradually where it would have given us more time to collect money and prepare.If this is the case then maybe there's hope for the 25 class if we can catch up to the rest of the top NIL programs.
UM has supposedly been planning for a transition from Ruiz since January but it appears his swift downfall has left a $10M hole in the NIL budget.

Instead of $10M in new pledges making $20M with the Ruiz money we are now back to square one at $10M (obviously using guesstimates on numbers). This was enough last year but with other schools getting mobilized/organized this year puts us in the 10-20 range of budgets instead of top 10.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back