2024 NFL Draft Thread

Advertisement
Speak nice about Jarrian Jones.

Numbers have him as the best nickel man corner in the draft. Very niche, I get it, but is exactly what Jacksonville needs.

Also finished us off playing pitch and catch with TVD - which is a play that probably gets him drafted as high as he did...tight man against a top slot receiver, air tight coverage until the QB gets out of the pocket, but he stays locked in knowing the QB is a dumb dumb and can't take his eyes of his roommate, and waits for the INT, game over. He's just now going to be asked to do that against Tank Dell, Josh Downs (again), and Treylon Burks 6x a year.

Anyway, you had him listed probably higher than I would have before the draft, so, thoughts on if he can do that?
Terrific speed & athletic upside. Tested really well & had 9.8 RAS score, so the tangibles are there.

Most importantly, has good footwork & fluid recovery movement. He's a true Nickelback (No Chad Kroger), playing a ton of snaps on the inside, which is harder in the NFL than in college, so he has the experience to transition & contribute early. Good ball skills & has the physical ability to play Nickel or Field.

Because FSU had a pretty stacked Secondary he played Nickel, but he could've easily moved outside & been fine.

Grier gets fleeced by Howie.

Aaron Paul He Cant Keep Getting Away With This GIF by Breaking Bad

@calinative umstudent You know why TJ Tampa & Khyree Jackson have fallen in this draft...

Tall corners with limited techincal ability, on the slower side athletically & have stiff hips.
Well what ya know Tj Tampa to Ravens! lol. I bet he'll be pretty **** good for you lol.

But yeah I absolutely get it. And Lassiter doesn't have stiff hips, he's just slow, so maybe thats the difference there between him and Tampa/Khyree. I'm actually quite surprised he went so early when these guys fell.

Last edited:
4:15 is crazy
Well what ya know Tj Tampa to Ravens! lol. I bet he'll be pretty **** good for you lol.

But yeah I absolutely get it. And Lassiter doesn't have stiff hips, he's just slow, so maybe thats the difference there between him and Tampa/Khyree. I'm actually quite surprised he went so early when these guys fell.
Tampa will likely be moved to Rover Safety for us.

I'd be shocked if we kept him at Corner.

Advertisement
Dolphins fans how are we feeling? I was pretty meh on the pick but saw he had great testing numbers and is really athletic. I was told with the DC hire from Baltimore that Chop will play a key part? I still think if want to compete with good teams we need to prevent tua from being pressured in 1.8 seconds on the interior lol
Wasted pick that will have zero value when his contract is up.

Advertisement
Middle of round 5 and 1 Cane taken... Wow.... We're now in "You shoulda stayed territory" for those that had remaining eligibility....
Look I want our guys picked but this is getting to a point where we could get blanked from here on out.... Even in most best available lists I don't see any one of our guys being mentioned... Really hope things change...

Middle of round 5 and 1 Cane taken... Wow.... We're now in "You shoulda stayed territory" for those that had remaining eligibility....
Look I want our guys picked but this is getting to a point where we could get blanked from here on out.... Even in most best available lists I don't see any one of our guys being mentioned... Really hope things change...
Eh this is expected. Pre-Draft I said Taylor in 4th purely due to positional value. But given his effort I think him going in 6th makes sense too.,

Eh this is expected. Pre-Draft I said Taylor in 4th purely due to positional value. But given his effort I think him going in 6th makes sense too.,
I would be shocked if he were drafted at this point. Willis fell out of the draft with much more production.

Advertisement
Terrific speed & athletic upside. Tested really well & had 9.8 RAS score, so the tangibles are there.

Most importantly, has good footwork & fluid recovery movement. He's a true Nickelback (No Chad Kroger), playing a ton of snaps on the inside, which is harder in the NFL than in college, so he has the experience to transition & contribute early. Good ball skills & has the physical ability to play Nickel or Field.

Because FSU had a pretty stacked Secondary he played Nickel, but he could've easily moved outside & been fine.
Keke Palmer Slapping GIF by NOPE

I’m amazed at how bad professionals are at this lol. The Falcons and the Raiders being two lol. The Raiders can’t block anyone but they draft a te lmao. The Falcons take a qb after spending big money on Cousins with huge holes all over roster. They draft Robinson last year to replace a 1000 yard back smh. Some of these Gm’s have no long term play and are just drafting by the seat of their pants. Fantasy football.

Advertisement
I would be shocked if he were drafted at this point. Willis fell out of the draft with much more production.
Yeah, I can see either way. Ultimately there is so little difference between 6th and UDFA though. Can see a team seeing his potential and taking him. Not like any of the DTs left are really all that talented. Like maybe Gabe hall and Mekhi Wingo. But Wingo is really undersized ...

I’m amazed at how bad professionals are at this lol. The Falcons and the Raiders being two lol. The Raiders can’t block anyone but they draft a te lmao. The Falcons take a qb after spending big money on Cousins with huge holes all over roster. They draft Robinson last year to replace a 1000 yard back smh. Some of these Gm’s have no long term play and are just drafting by the seat of their pants. Fantasy football.
Nah bruh. BPA BPA BPA. Bowers is going to be a stud. And we got JPJ in 2nd and he'll be our starting OG. And I really like Richardson at CB late... Overall I'm pretty happy with Raiders picks. We've drafted so many bums in 1st round over last decade... Bowers is going to be our most productive since maybe like Amari Cooper...

Advertisement
Back