2024 NFL Combine (list of participants) CANES start 2/29

Dallas?

Man, what a terrible landing spot.

He’d be out of the league in 3yrs tops if he lands there.

This is his strength and the reason why I think he sticks on the league with the right team and scheme (duh, you can say that about anyone).

He can accelerate and have a ton of power thru that acceleration in a non-linear fashion. This kid isn’t built for the combine tests.

But he’s so god**** inconsistent in the effort department that it’ll be tough to convince anyone at the NFL level to give him a shot to develop a motor.

Advertisement
I really hope fsu didn't replace all this speed with more speed. Fiske, Verse, Deloach all tops or near tops in position groups.
Kalen Deloach really stuck out whenever i watched fsu....kid could fly.

Fiske and Verse came in and showed what that portal provides.

I think after today the hype train is kicking up Fiske above his play level in my mind.

Would you take LT or Fiske?.

Kalen Deloach really stuck out whenever i watched fsu....kid could fly.

Fiske and Verse came in and showed what that portal provides.

I think after today the hype train is kicking up Fiske above his play level in my mind.

Would you take LT or Fiske?.
For me LT could go either way. He could take this as a sign that he hasn't lived up to expectations and crush it. Or he could be out the league in 3 years for lack of motor. I think LT has higher upside but i would trust Fiske more.

Advertisement

This is the team that some dudes want to hold up as an example of "coaching over talent" @Dwinstitles

>>>>> if Harbaugh had the same team as Cristobal this year we’d be in the playoffs but facts don’t lie 5 invitee’s versus 18. UM will have 1 possibly in first 2 days.

Despite Harbaugh having comparable record first two years at the other UM.

Go check receipts!

No doubt Harbaugh has proven himself as a coach. But you still need the talent+program/technical +leadership/support to accomplish at the highest levels.

>>>>> if Harbaugh had the same team as Cristobal this year we’d be in the playoffs but facts don’t lie 5 invitee’s versus 18. UM will have 1 possibly in first 2 days.

Despite Harbaugh having comparable record first two years at the other UM.

Go check receipts!

No doubt Harbaugh has proven himself as a coach. But you still need the talent+program/technical +leadership/support to accomplish at the highest levels.
Meant to say ** Canesports people were saying “ -

Dallas?

Man, what a terrible landing spot.

He’d be out of the league in 3yrs tops if he lands there.

This is his strength and the reason why I think he sticks on the league with the right team and scheme (duh, you can say that about anyone).

He can accelerate and have a ton of power thru that acceleration in a non-linear fashion. This kid isn’t built for the combine tests.

But he’s so god**** inconsistent in the effort department that it’ll be tough to convince anyone at the NFL level to give him a shot to develop a motor.

He’s going to have to play in an aggressive 4-3 D or as an end in a 3-4. He’s not going to be able to be your traditional DT until the motor improves. He’s Jordan Phillips.

Advertisement
That Michigan team also has like 60 kids who were 3rd/4th/5th year or more on that roster. The majority of them will be lucky to be average pro’s. I had never seen a team with so many guys over 22yrs old. Legit grown men all over the roster. Who have played a ton of football games.
That 3rd 4th 5th year bs don’t mean anything. Everyone Golden fans would say we have all our starters with multiple years on the OL and they were basic asf. Evals matter period, by this belief McCormick will be Shockey this season. ***** in his 80th season

Last edited:
Advertisement
That 3rd 4th 5th year bs don’t mean anything. Everyone Golden fans would say we have all our starters with multiple years on the OL and they were basic asf. Evals matter period, by this belief McCormick will be Shockey this season. ***** in his 80th season
It usually matters with linemen. Any team with a bunch of first and second year offensive linemen is going to struggle. Francis Mauigoa was our second best lineman recruit ever and he was our worst lineman last year as a freshman. A lot of Michigan’s success was that they were able to keep guys on their roster long enough to develop them to their peak ability. When you build your team around offensive and defensive lines, older players make a huge difference. Grown man’s strength always beats teenager strength. Skill position players are another story.

Advertisement
All canes draft prospects got bad advice. Kam gonna be rd 2 at best, LT rd 3/4 at best/ , JW gonna be 4/5 at best. All three could be top 5 in position with 1 more year of college. With NIL the whole I gotta get paid reason isn’t it.

None of them can be top 5 at their position with one more year of college.

These guys are who they’re going to be.

It usually matters with linemen. Any team with a bunch of first and second year offensive linemen is going to struggle. Francis Mauigoa was our second best lineman recruit ever and he was our worst lineman last year as a freshman. A lot of Michigan’s success was that they were able to keep guys on their roster long enough to develop them to their peak ability. When you build your team around offensive and defensive lines, older players make a huge difference. Grown man’s strength always beats teenager strength. Skill position players are another story.
I agree when u recruit talent by the evals on the depth chart. So if someone high rated or a great eval 4 star is behind those older guys yes then I agree. It does make a difference when the players are good and are a bad game away from being replaced. Creates elite practises (practise), the risk of losing your job will push elites and other guys will skate to another school through the portal.
My bad the ads won this battle with me

Advertisement
Back