2024 NBA draft...

gacaneaddict

Junior
Thought this was interesting.

The NBA draft expert for ESPN came from Draft Express Jonathan Givony has a top 100 players, and also a little outdated mock draft.

This guy knows Coach L personally, and gave him the heads up on Keyshawn George. L talked about this in press conference yesterday.

Anyways no Miami players in 2 round mock, but has Wooga ranked #86 and Cleveland #97.

So I know some players can go pro to play in Europe, but could we return a good chunk of this team for next season??

With NIL now involved enticing players, and also maybe make as much as professional players in Europe make.

Advertisement

The NBA draft expert for ESPN came from Draft Express Jonathan Givony has a top 100 players, and also a little outdated mock draft.

This guy knows Coach L personally, and gave him the heads up on Keyshawn George. L talked about this in press conference yesterday.

Anyways no Miami players in 2 round mock, but has Wooga ranked #86 and Cleveland #97.

So I know some players can go pro to play in Europe, but could we return a good chunk of this team for next season??

With NIL now involved enticing players, and also maybe make as much as professional players in Europe make.
I think this years' whole team is eligible to return next season. How many would want to do that, or that Coach L would want back, is a whole other matter.

Pack and Omier (not in the two round mock) are both fourth year Juniors. They're the closest to using up eligibility.

Omier said preseason this would be his last year.

If Pack gets a big NIL deal, I'd bet he stays.

Wooga, Cleveland, and George are all wildcards to me. If Cleveland shoots this way all season, I bet he goes. If George continues to improve at this rate, I bet he goes, as well. And if both those things happen, we're probably in the 2nd weekend again.

Wooga, Cleveland, and George are all wildcards to me. If Cleveland shoots this way all season, I bet he goes. If George continues to improve at this rate, I bet he goes, as well. And if both those things happen, we're probably in the 2nd weekend again.
Goes to Europe?

Because don't see any of them getting drafted by NBA teams at this moment.

If you don't get a second round grade from the NBA, why leave? In Wooga's case, if you do get a second round grade, why leave (you need to be a first round selection).

Advertisement
If pack, George, Cleveland all come back and that next group of guys Joseph, Watson, and even Casey progress a tick. We will be more than fine. Esp with Bethea coming in. He is way more advanced then Wong coming in…now that doesn’t mean he is going to go for 20 a night. But he is a Philly guard. So he is going to get to the rack the same way and he is a better shooter. Now if we get a legit portal big and/or Wooga doesn’t enter the NBA draft and Nwoku sticks around and makes a jump…watch out.

Are we still a threat for the boozers? I love have guys for 2-3 years but getting them would be worth the risk of losing Cameron after 1 year. Plus the optics of taking a big time Duke Legacy would be nice. I know that’s 2025…but just looking at the short term success of the roster.

Next years roster could be big time though if a few things fall through for guys and Miami makes it worth their while and talks about another deep run

1704913264145.png

1704914082750.png

1704914215516.png

1704914283901.png

View attachment 277884

View attachment 277887
View attachment 277888
View attachment 277889
yeah there is about a 1% chance Wooga goes top 10. He is more likely to not get drafted than go top 10.

If he were to go top 10, he is about to go HAM when he gets back on the court.

RJ Luis is slated to go 31st.

That kid has TALENT. He is a Miami kid that I have brought up a few times on this board. Now I understand that there may have been some off the court concerns that may have dissuaded Coach L and company from taking him, but I am absolutely STUNNED at how this dude flew under the radar. The biggest issue St. John's has had with him is his shins. Apparently, he has a history of shin problems.

Nonetheless, that kid is reallll good. I saw him in person a few times this season.

Figured I'd mention it seeing how the draft was brought up.

Nice job so far this season. I am pulling for you guys and love to see you climbing the NET, Pomeroy, etc.

Advertisement
I just assumed all these guys would bounce between wooga, pack, omier and Cleveland...losing George would be killer. I'd love to see 2 or 3 return. I think the mostly likely would be George, Pack and maybe Cleveland

Advertisement
Back