2024 2024 DE Colin Simmons receives offer (commits to Texas)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Internet still working....
Sarcastic Boy Meets World GIF

Advertisement
I’m not a Big Joe fan per se (kinda indifferent) but why is Simmons his fault if JT is the DE coach? Also, do people actually think a different coach would have made a difference? Simmons confirmed (there’s a quote) that his final decision was based on money. We no longer have a compelling bag game and therefore had no chance. Also, our current rankings reflect that the quality and competitiveness of our NIL program.

For the foreseeable future (which is fluid and subject to change), talent acquisition is unlikely to deliver wins. The Program must rely on game day coaching and development. Unfortunately, both were nonexistent last year.
JT hasn't even coached a game here. At this point he's just a big name that these players know. But it's funny to even put this kid on him when we likely aren't even in his top group without him. Simmons was always the least likely of the big name guys and JT had us in it until the end and it took UT upping their bag for the kid to decide to stay home.

Big Joe needs to be moved off the field because his recruiting has been a disaster.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I mean at this point we should just forget about recruiting for a minute until we have more wins on the books and have people believing again. And not barely wins either.

Many have said it and I agree. This is a critical year for Mario to succeed. Think about what these kids have seen us do while they were in middle/high school. We've **** near fired a coordinator or headcoach every year. We can't keep doing this "reset everything, rebuild, and we'll be good this year" approach like we have been only to disappoint again during the season and expect these kids to have faith even if we keep up with NIL. We don't even have any legit signature wins since that ND game.
Somethings gotta give. If the money is almost equal what do we have that the schools we compete against don't?

The wiring was always on the wall
Mario’s first class he signs a qb that can’t throw
Second class he signs a jag that we have to hope outplays his jagness
Go all in for air and end up with Judd
We have a wide open qb room and we still couldn’t get a top player
The bags aren’t there
Believe what you want but the results speak for themselves

Advertisement
Advertisement
#3 is where im heading if it continues. I deluded myself for years believing lip service while we brought in mid classes one after the other. We are battling Stanford right now who dont even have a conference
Starts up top. You can’t hold yourself to unrealistic expectations, then get mad when fans hold you to those same expectations.
You don’t get to pivot freely, accountability matters. If you gonna talk the talk…

It does not help with recruiting, if a kid constantly hears “UM is back, UM is gonna be elite again”… yet even if Miami wins 8/9 games they look at that as a failure.. Kids wanna see you back that **** up too.

Well to me it looks like whining when no new information is introduced into the equation but the same negativity is spewed over and over and over... If it's impartial like is being said now and it's just pointing out a concern than why constantly bring the same thing up over and over? To me that's whining. My old boy would've slapped Jesus outta me if I did that when I was a jit. I can also acknowledge what you and @RVACane are saying on the opposite side of the spectrum. As I'm capable of seeing other people's points & acknowledge when there's validity. But that's something can be said for the people y'all have issues with as well. There's two sides to the coin. It's optimism versus pessimism. The problem occurs when people try to threaten or force their views on one another. Both CAN have validity. But again. This is about a particular recruit and his moment. Atleast in these threads let's all be capable of focusing on that.

I don't disagree with anything you posted here, but I do want to highlight that bolded part. And I think we typically come down on those types when they push too far in the "nastiness" regardless of what side of the fence they all.

On my "new information" comment, when it's about particular recruits, you'll notice I'm not usually one to say "he's coming" or "no way this kid commits here." I like to wait and see. My comment on the new information stuff is really more a commentary on concern over how things are shaping up for December. Right now, things don't look as good as I expected for 2024. But as to any particular recruit, there's no reason for doom and gloom unless an insider says something to that effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back