2024 2024 DE Colin Simmons receives offer (commits to Texas)

Status
Not open for further replies.
At this point guys & gals, just hope for success come fall. This recruiting **** is dead for the time being, so hopefully our results can shift that. With that being said, there’s nothing anyone can do to convince me that our NIL is “fine”.
Definitely not I get why people keep saying it is

Reactions: jsy
Advertisement
View attachment 250414
This is why you need to overpay for some of these kids.. taking care of your family financially will outweigh everything for most of them

I thought the whole point of taking QBs ranked so low that they are essentially having to pay us, is so we could take that money and overpay buy the type of DL that the big boys have.

What are we doing with all of this money?

Glad the Miami staff predicted that they were going to recruit the best DL ever
They're recruiting them alright. Just not landing any of them. Def getting Manny regime Vibes with this cycle and the confidence that was shown early on. Or atleast the confidence that was conveyed from all the insiders which I assume was relayed from inside the program...how were they so confident coming off such an embarrassing showing in season 1

Advertisement
In a recruiting year that was supposed to be heavy on the DL, we might only end up with:

Russell (productive player but a bit of a tweener)
Rudolph (205 pound DE)
Lightfoot (great prospect, but will have to hold off OsU until the end)
AJones (great prospect, but will have to hold off FSU until the end)

That's a disappointing DL class given how that position was targeted as a priority.
Very manny/richt esque

Of all the recruits, this is not the one where we start acting like it's all over and Miami will never land an elite recruit again. But that's what's going on in this thread.

Y'all are finally realizing what a lot of us realists have been concerned about. The pool to pick out of is thinning by the very minute.

It's time for the University to put up or shut up with Franklin, Stone and Breland. Personally, it needs to be 2/3. 1/3 is the bare minimum. Miss on all three, and someone is getting fired. End of discussion, no viable argument. Still plenty of time, but man...spend some f^cking money on this class and start backing up your words with actions. I'm sick of all the talk with nothing to back it up. It's the same crap over and over again. Do something to change the narrative.

We're talking about Lightfoot and Jones being close to flipping...almost as likely as landing a single whale on the DL. What in the f^ck is going on?

Without a 9 win season ain't **** bout to change in Coral Gables to offset the amount of bags being thrown around by these "honest" programs

Advertisement
Of all the recruits, this is not the one where we start acting like it's all over and Miami will never land an elite recruit again. But that's what's going on in this thread.

Y'all are finally realizing what a lot of us realists have been concerned about. The pool to pick out of is thinning by the very minute.

It's time for the University to put up or shut up with Franklin, Stone and Breland. Personally, it needs to be 2/3. 1/3 is the bare minimum. Miss on all three, and someone is getting fired. End of discussion, no viable argument. Still plenty of time, but man...spend some f^cking money on this class and start backing up your words with actions. I'm sick of all the talk with nothing to back it up. It's the same crap over and over again. Do something to change the narrative.
Agreed but also UM seemingly is coming up short in the top 3-5 for every recruit. We’ve been on **** near 25 graphics that we haven’t closed on. Shouldn’t expect to land them all I agree and going toe to toe with Texas for a local 5 star+ isn’t the one to point to but at some point Mario has to land more of these kids or he’s going to be Manny Diaz with a catch phrase about working more without the actual results.

Well lets see if the brain trust at UM made the right choice at head coach. Right now I would say Mario can right the ship with an ounstanding season which means 10 wins. Yes, I know many of you think I'm crazy and I DON'T DRINK THE JUICE but anything is possible. So Mario is suppose to be the man therfore he has to make it happen on the field and it that starts with developing players and getting wins. There are NO EXCUSES Mario and many of you know I'm not a fan of Mario. Last year year is behind us and it was a debacle so we all deserve second chances. Mario is the 8 million dollar man therefore he should be able to turn this around and if he doesn't we picked the wrong coach AGAIN! GO CANES

I don't think someone needs to be fired but the whole system of allotting funds needs to be rehauled. A different approach is needed because next year, we'll need a top flight QB, top notch DBs and those positions don't come cheap. We'll be in the same situation if we don't change our approach especially if we insist on making our board very top heavy.

I mean who are we even in the running for over the next 30 days? Unless there will be some surprises.

Advertisement

We're talking about Lightfoot and Jones being close to flipping...almost as likely as landing a single whale on the DL. What in the f^ck is going on?
I agree with this until the last part. There is no indication Lightfoot is flipping. Just guys wanting to make everything look doom and gloom. Jones, I rather have to hold on to him than have him committed to the Noles. A good season and he sticks.

Advertisement

don’t worry even they flip
Ppl will still be in denial
At this point they have to go 3/3 out this is an absolute disaster
Worse than wr last year

Obv it’s the heavy hitters we need to step up. Sounds like if they can Get us to 15 or close to it it would be huge. Throwing this out there. If 5000 Canesinsight members all pay $10 a month that’s 50k a month and 600k a year. Imagine being responsible for 2-4 more good players in a class.
I’d contribute something like that for premium access to the site + having the money go to a CanesInsight NIL fund. With that money CanesInsight could do promo things with the player signed with the fund that draw more eye balls to the sight and make more ad money.

I agree with most of this until the last part. There is no indication Lightfoot is flipping. Just guys wanting to make everything look doom and gloom. Jones, I rather have to hold on to him than have him committed to the Noles. A good season and he sticks.
JayCane, Htown and Leeds all insinuated such. I'd consider them pretty plugged in even if posters don't see eye to eye with them at times, and there's nothing to refute those statements as of now.

Buckle up ladies and gents, the '23 season is about to be the most important season in god knows how long for the trajectory of this program. The kids deserve our support, so we better show up and do just that, ESPECIALLY for the opener and A&M...but Mario better win some f^cking games or this is going to burn down FAST.

I’m not a Big Joe fan per se (kinda indifferent) but why is Simmons his fault if JT is the DE coach? Also, do people actually think a different coach would have made a difference? Simmons confirmed (there’s a quote) that his final decision was based on money. We no longer have a compelling bag game and therefore had no chance.

Our current class rankings reflect that the quality and competitiveness of our NIL program i.e., mediocre.

For the foreseeable future (which is fluid and subject to change), talent acquisition is unlikely to deliver wins. The Program must rely on game day coaching and development, both of which were nonexistent last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back