2024 2024 DE Colin Simmons receives offer (commits to Texas)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any of the current proven players. Or any of the players that outplay him going forward. Or any of the other top kids you are trying to recruit but not willing to give the same (or close to same amount).

And it doesn't matter if you take them seriously or not, if people on the team start to feel that certain players are overpaid and then resent them either b/c they are getting much less or it meant than Miami couldn't get other players to help, then it becomes a problem.
It’s not that I don’t agree with you cause I do but we have problems anyways so why not have problems that include guys with the upside to fix them lol

Advertisement
The nil must have been funded by Miami Bitcoin. Seems one year and now it's work with what ya got.

Got to ask another serious question. The coaching budget could get slashed. Medicore results medicore pay. I'm sure it's a knee slapper of a story. But as a nobody it's weird AF.

Spending is not a 1 year process. So Kudos for doing something they neglected for 30 years. Texas spends and they sucked almost as long. The spent on Strong, and Herman and now Sarkisan. You not getting credit for starting to fix something u broke. No
Texas earns $250 million dollars in athletic revenue a year. Is the flagship university of a way bigger state (we aren’t even the flagship in florida), has a way bigger alumni network, etc.

Stupid comparison to make

I agree our school and financial commitments to football have sucked in the past but they are doing right now

So who are we getting as part of this big DL class this year?
QshC0bGBAM.png

Advertisement
At this point guys & gals, just hope for success come fall. This recruiting **** is dead for the time being, so hopefully our results can shift that. With that being said, there’s nothing anyone can do to convince me that our NIL is “fine”.

Texas earns $250 million dollars in athletic revenue a year. Is the flagship university of a way bigger state (we aren’t even the flagship in florida), has a way bigger alumni network, etc.

Stupid comparison to make
I simply stated facts. Were they spending the past 25 years? No, they were being cheap. Few of our battles are against Texas. There are also other schools. Not Texas who suck and spend on their program like Nebraska.

Advertisement
At this point guys & gals, just hope for success come fall. This recruiting **** is dead for the time being, so hopefully our results can shift that. With that being said, there’s nothing anyone can do to convince me that our NIL is “fine”.
This is exactly my point too the media or whatever knew we were terrible last year and still hyped the fans like we gonna sign one of the best classes, now that we missing left and right they want to switch up saying we need to win on the field first. Like fool we already knew that

Advertisement
Advertisement
$15M per year puts you back around the top. It's not drastic. HS kids bust and these guys signing contracts with incoming freshman that bust, can't handle the money and lose their motivation, or just go crazy when they get to school (Texas A&M 2022 class for example) won't make it long. They'll stop investing at some point or pivot to portal/proven guys only. The QB market is already trending that direction.

The better off we are landing "under the radar" kids and being smart in recruiting and identifying, we can sustain. Zo puts us in an advantageous spot there and you see that by the offers a lot of our 3 stars end up getting.

But these schools like Texas, Alabama, Georgia, etc. that have half a roster of former top 100 players can't offer all of them $1M a year or even $500k a year. Think about it.. 40 players formerly top 100 (10 per class - Texas and Georgia both surpassed that in 2023 class) - even if they all made $1M over 4 years.. that is $10M for not even half a roster or factoring in the $ figure that QBs are getting compared to everyone else and not considering a former 3 star developing into a stud and having to pay them.

$150k per kid gets you a **** of a squad. Not even $15M total budget. We're not far off. Not sure who else can or will step-up.
Obv it’s the heavy hitters we need to step up. Sounds like if they can Get us to 15 or close to it it would be huge. Throwing this out there. If 5000 Canesinsight members all pay $10 a month that’s 50k a month and 600k a year. Imagine being responsible for 2-4 more good players in a class.

Mario is paying for his sins

He’s gotta eat the **** sandwich until the team looks good again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back