2024 2024 DE Colin Simmons receives offer (commits to Texas)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Apparently lots of smoke on Texas 247 board that it's not them

Interestingly, Redding was part of a recent interview (I think Manny's Atlantic article) and the question to players was "what are you doing with your NIL money?" and Redding's answer was "I don't get an NIL". Thought it was odd.
Canes Collective has 75 of the 85 scholarship football players and all of the men’s basketball team except Pack who is still paid by lifewallet. Ruiz spent $15m in 2 years our other boosters picked up the tab on everyone else and are contributing millions more in NIL than planned to make up for Ruiz’s disappearance.

The boosters have spent seriously in the program since bringing $80m Mario and his $$$ staff(s), investments into locker room, football building, and training stuff and keeping us among the second tier of schools in NIL for the incoming class and among the highest paid current roster for legacy deals Ruiz s negotiated.

Boosters have been good. Our coaches and their mismanagement of the roster, schemes, and complete failure last year led to a suck tax for new guys AND current roster players like TVD who lost out on millions in future earnings with his draft stock drop from the mess last year.

how we perform next season is going to be WAY more important now that life wallet is on life support

We getn bodied on the trail. No 2 ways about it, no sunshine pumping. No perfume on ****. No mopes should trust the process, none of that. U do what it takes or keep taking L's on and off the field. Not much more to be said. Least with Manny i expected it so i didnt even post on here anymore.

Moving On Kill Count GIF by Dead Meat James

Advertisement
And even Lightfoot was sold on all these guys that are going to be playing around him and how easy his job will be.

He and his family love JT but if there's no momentum at DE/DT.. at some point the kid is flipping to OSU and it won't be hard to sell on their end. That's just my $.02.
sweet

Pulling a kid from that region with less money probably has nothing to do with recruiters.

Think about how many NFL signings have to do with staffs recruiting the free agent. It's about $ and putting the players in the best position to succeed.

Recruiting how we knew it is over.

And even Lightfoot was sold on all these guys that are going to be playing around him and how easy his job will be.

He and his family love JT but if there's no momentum at DE/DT.. at some point the kid is flipping to OSU and it won't be hard to sell on their end. That's just my $.02.
That was the fear when they didn’t land Stewart at DE

Advertisement
Who on our team can say that and you would take seriously? The 5 star freshman, TVD, kam and etc are all taken care of
Any of the current proven players. Or any of the players that outplay him going forward. Or any of the other top kids you are trying to recruit but not willing to give the same (or close to same amount).

And it doesn't matter if you take them seriously or not, if people on the team start to feel that certain players are overpaid and then resent them either b/c they are getting much less or it meant than Miami couldn't get other players to help, then it becomes a problem.

Advertisement
Canes Collective has 75 of the 85 scholarship football players and all of the men’s basketball team except Pack who is still paid by lifewallet. Ruiz spent $15m in 2 years our other boosters picked up the tab on everyone else and are contributing millions more in NIL than planned to make up for Ruiz’s disappearance.

The boosters have spent seriously in the program since bringing $80m Mario and his $$$ staff(s), investments into locker room, football building, and training stuff and keeping us among the second tier of schools in NIL for the incoming class and among the highest paid current roster for legacy deals Ruiz s negotiated.

Boosters have been good. Our coaches and their mismanagement of the roster, schemes, and complete failure last year led to a suck tax for new guys AND current roster players like TVD who lost out on millions in future earnings with his draft stock drop from the mess last year.

how we perform next season is going to be WAY more important now that life wallet is on life support
Spending is not a 1 year process. So Kudos for doing something they neglected for 30 years. Texas spends and they sucked almost as long. The spent on Strong, and Herman and now Sarkisan. You not getting credit for starting to fix something u broke. No

Need to win and need to get out of the Acc. A lot working against us.

We need this class to play above what the “sites” say and then assuming we look good this year get back to top 8 next year.

Advertisement
Yep. I think they realized we had to win now or we'll never turn it around. Catch 22.. win more and recruits become cheaper and easier to get. Lose and the prices get steeper and the budget continues to dwindle.

We put our focus on winning 2023. I've seen people say 8-9 wins and quite frankly I don't think that's gonna do it or make up for it. I don't think I'm exaggerating when I say Mario's career hinges on the 2023 season. Maybe not if the last 2 classes can do some damage in 2024-2025. That's the other chance. Winning this year helps that effort as well. But they realize that winning now has to happen and Cohen got paid, Lee got paid, the Brown brothers got paid, TVD got paid when Bama came calling. The only thing that didn't happen was landing an elite DT and the funds were there for it.

This team needs a 10 win resurgence. Similar to 2022 Tennessee. Need at least 1 big win in there too. If not, the uphill battle might be insurmountable. Especially adding in realignment and everything going on there.
agree completely...said this exact thing in the prediction thread
Mario KNOWS he needs 10 this year.
we don't get to that and I don't see how we compete going forward unless he finds every hidden unrated 5 star on the planet.

We getn bodied on the trail. No 2 ways about it, no sunshine pumping. No perfume on ****. No mopes should trust the process, none of that. U do what it takes or keep taking L's on and off the field. Not much more to be said. Least with Manny i expected it so i didnt even post on here anymore.

We go and get a recruiter three seconds before all that matters in recruiting is NIL.

That was the fear when they didn’t land Stewart at DE
I'm not as worried about DE. We've got an absolute haul there the last few classes

More worried about Justin Scott, Stone, Breland, Franklin, and holding onto Jones.

Personally, I think the $ from all of these misses is about to be dumped on Breland or Stone just to ensure that it keeps Lightfoot happy. I know folks are asking about that scenario where NIL is there and then we miss and it has to be allocated somewhere... I think it's those 2 guys and then there's always going to be a pile of $ there for Jeremiah Smith, just in case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back