2024 2024 DE Colin Simmons receives offer (commits to Texas)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
IMG_1314.jpeg

Advertisement
I’d ask them why they spent $80 million on someone whose specialty was program building if they didn’t have proper financial coverage to allow him to compete in an NIL world with no cap.

Not because I’m in any position to request or demand these types of things but because these are millionaires/billionaires who generally should be amazing at long term investment strategies and I’m genuinely curious at the situation.
100%. If you weren't 100000% sure you were gonna be able to spend in the top 5 then you should have went with X's & O's guy. Mario probably feels the same as we do tbh. Hopefully we hit our evals.

Advertisement
Everyone knew this was unlikely. With Mario taking DL recruiting personal I expected more than Lightfoot though. If he’s our only top tier DL in this class then it’s a massive fail IMO.
Not over yet… just slowly getting harder.

Yep. I think they realized we had to win now or we'll never turn it around. Catch 22.. win more and recruits become cheaper and easier to get. Lose and the prices get steeper and the budget continues to dwindle.

We put our focus on winning 2023. I've seen people say 8-9 wins and quite frankly I don't think that's gonna do it or make up for it. I don't think I'm exaggerating when I say Mario's career hinges on the 2023 season. Maybe not if the last 2 classes can do some damage in 2024-2025. That's the other chance. Winning this year helps that effort as well. But they realize that winning now has to happen and Cohen got paid, Lee got paid, the Brown brothers got paid, TVD got paid when Bama came calling. The only thing that didn't happen was landing an elite DT and the funds were there for it.

This team needs a 10 win resurgence. Similar to 2022 Tennessee. Need at least 1 big win in there too. If not, the uphill battle might be insurmountable. Especially adding in realignment and everything going on there.
Agree. 8-4 is not going to do it. Simmons and Stones aren’t going to be impressed with us beating UVA and BC but losing “close” to FSU and UNC. The only way to do that past year 0/1 is by paying the massive suck tax. We need to win 10 games.

Yep. I think they realized we had to win now or we'll never turn it around. Catch 22.. win more and recruits become cheaper and easier to get. Lose and the prices get steeper and the budget continues to dwindle.

We put our focus on winning 2023. I've seen people say 8-9 wins and quite frankly I don't think that's gonna do it or make up for it. I don't think I'm exaggerating when I say Mario's career hinges on the 2023 season. Maybe not if the last 2 classes can do some damage in 2024-2025. That's the other chance. Winning this year helps that effort as well. But they realize that winning now has to happen and Cohen got paid, Lee got paid, the Brown brothers got paid, TVD got paid when Bama came calling. The only thing that didn't happen was landing an elite DT and the funds were there for it.

This team needs a 10 win resurgence. Similar to 2022 Tennessee. Need at least 1 big win in there too. If not, the uphill battle might be insurmountable. Especially adding in realignment and everything going on there.
Y’all remember when I went on that Tennessee rant before last season and got killed for it? This is all I was saying. I knew what Tennessee’s plan was for last season and they executed. We never seemed to be moving that way

Advertisement
Advertisement
I agree. Their strategy that my main man @Cribby laid out seems extremely short sighted imo. BUT Mario is here for the long haul and if you let him do his thing he’ll raise the floor a bit more each year to where they may be more comfortable spending heavy in years 3 and on
Better on field results this year would certainly help move things forward, at least I don’t see how they could hurt.

Looks like Lightfoot is going to have Jason Taylor as his personal 1 on 1 coach
And even Lightfoot was sold on all these guys that are going to be playing around him and how easy his job will be.

He and his family love JT but if there's no momentum at DE/DT.. at some point the kid is flipping to OSU and it won't be hard to sell on their end. That's just my $.02.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back