2024 2024 DE Colin Simmons receives offer (commits to Texas)

Status
Not open for further replies.
ShoCkED!!!!!!!
No Way What GIF by VTM.be

Advertisement
Advertisement
Doesn’t change my opinion that we should break the bank a few times on true game changers. Pay it forward and you won’t have to later. Success drops prices

100%. This is a money game. If you're not willing to occasionally pay a bit extra for a top notch player, then more often than not, you're gonna lose out.

And, our board was full of top notch players especially at DL since it was THE position Mario wanted addressed. IF that's the case, why not put more money into that pot?

We will most likely strike out on our remaining targets.

I’d ask them why they spent $80 million on someone whose specialty was program building if they didn’t have proper financial coverage to allow him to compete in an NIL world with no cap.

Not because I’m in any position to request or demand these types of things but because these are millionaires/billionaires who generally should be amazing at long term investment strategies and I’m genuinely curious at the situation.
I agree. Their strategy that my main man @Cribby laid out seems extremely short sighted imo. BUT Mario is here for the long haul and if you let him do his thing he’ll raise the floor a bit more each year to where they may be more comfortable spending heavy in years 3 and on

Advertisement
Or other players on the team say 'hold up... why is this unproven kid getting so much money'? Also, this ain't basketball. Hard to break the bank on one player and make a huge difference with the exception of QBs.
Who on our team can say that and you would take seriously? The 5 star freshman, TVD, kam and etc are all taken care of

So basically, having to spend to keep players currently on the roster reduced the budget for new recruits? I don’t think that aspect has been mentioned much, if at all.
Yep. I think they realized we had to win now or we'll never turn it around. Catch 22.. win more and recruits become cheaper and easier to get. Lose and the prices get steeper and the budget continues to dwindle.

We put our focus on winning 2023. I've seen people say 8-9 wins and quite frankly I don't think that's gonna do it or make up for it. I don't think I'm exaggerating when I say Mario's career hinges on the 2023 season. Maybe not if the last 2 classes can do some damage in 2024-2025. That's the other chance. Winning this year helps that effort as well. But they realize that winning now has to happen and Cohen got paid, Lee got paid, the Brown brothers got paid, TVD got paid when Bama came calling. The only thing that didn't happen was landing an elite DT and the funds were there for it.

This team needs a 10 win resurgence. Similar to 2022 Tennessee. Need at least 1 big win in there too. If not, the uphill battle might be insurmountable. Especially adding in realignment and everything going on there.

Advertisement
so where the tea when I said he was looking for followers?

I dont blame nay insider on this one or the staff. they fought hard for an elite kid. dont have the bags for this one
Agree. They lost to the hometown school who reportedly overpaid. Really nothing you can do about that

Advertisement
well the blue chip pool is getting smaller… do we start moving the goalpost to 4stars lol because we apparently are in “wait and see mode” on the field and don’t want to pay the “suck tax” that we were paying last year

I saw a poster say this Mario Cristobal situation is a catch 22 and I couldn’t agree more. Cause eventually we SHOULD overspend so that you don’t have to do it later. But try to convince that to a bunch of guys who paid a ace recruiter 80 of them thangs
That would be me. It’s facts.

Real pickle of a situation 😂

Everyone knew this was unlikely. With Mario taking DL recruiting personal I expected more than Lightfoot though. If he’s our only top tier DL in this class then it’s a massive fail IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back