2024 2024 DE Colin Simmons receives offer (commits to Texas)

Status
Not open for further replies.
golf fall GIF

How excited are u?

Advertisement
Ngl i trust cribby but it doesn’t look good rn we have 0 momentum this would’ve changed the tone sad

Im not gonna be here crying about NIL. We know the business and the game we in. Mario Cristobal worked at Bama and was HC at Oregon. U either do what it takes because you are tired of losing or u don't. Simple as. U can choose to spend money on what u want. If they choose not to go all out to acquire talent, its on them. And i will adjust my expectations accordingly. Simple. U get elite players u win, u dont u get beat 45-3.

There’s zero excuse not to land Franklin then. Like zero.

150k and we haven’t paid for more than 3-4 recruits in this class MAX. That’s Pennies in the grand scheme of things when you have minimal talent at DL.

Prices are very wrong or we don’t have a strong NIL.
We don't. I've been saying it for a while now. Obviously Ruiz has cooled and Canes Connection has taken over and numbers are steady but we've been surpassed.

$10M budget/85 kids is roughly $120k per kid. Some make more, some less. I will say, their focus was on keeping the current roster in tact and adding proven transfers. Cohen, Lee, TVD, Taylor, James Williams, Kinchens, Mauigoa, Okunlola, Kelly, Mesidor, etc. were not cheap to sign and to keep around. I may be missing a few of the higher ones but I would say 15 kids are probably close to taking up half of the NIL budget. Those 10 included in that 15. So $5M for 70 kids - now you're talking $70k per kid and that's where most HS offers are going to fall until they get in and prove they're worth more.

I don't hate that strategy.. we don't have money to waste on guys that aren't guarantees or proven in what you're getting.

Only kid I’m overspending on this cycle is J smith & that’s because we need a change of tide so bad at the WR position when it comes to keep those type of SOFLO RW home

Advertisement
We don't. I've been saying it for a while now. Obviously Ruiz has cooled and Canes Connection has taken over and numbers are steady but we've been surpassed.

$10M budget/85 kids is roughly $120k per kid. Some make more, some less. I will say, their focus was on keeping the current roster in tact and adding proven transfers. Cohen, Lee, TVD, Taylor, James Williams, Kinchens, Mauigoa, Okunlola, Kelly, Mesidor, etc. were not cheap to sign and to keep around. I may be missing a few of the higher ones but I would say 15 kids are probably close to taking up half of the NIL budget. Those 10 included in that 15. So $5M for 70 kids - now you're talking $70k per kid and that's where most HS offers are going to fall until they get in and prove they're worth more.

I don't hate that strategy.. we don't have money to waste on guys that aren't guarantees or proven in what you're getting.
Don’t forget Big Lou….

Animation Love GIF by Astrid_S

Advertisement
Reasonable if you're going by the fake numbers everyone throws out that these kids are getting. That's what Gator fans do.. make you think teams are paying kids millions.

Going rate for 5 stars is not remotely close to $750k a year.

We could have Ryan Wingo and Kam Franklin in the bag for $100-150k each. Tennessee is offering both around that amount. Georgia was offering Wingo like $50k and almost got his commitment anyway.

If Texas is actually paying millions.. good for them.
i find it hard to believe that our NiL is on par with what we were doing last year if this is true. I know of lesser rated recruits who got offered more last year.

When people say, “our NIL has gone up this year” are they including the payments we agreed to for the current roster + NIL for this years class? Or does it just mean this years class vs last years class NIL budget?

This is a convo for its own thread I think but important distinction

Edit: i see in a new comment you mention our NIL is lower than last year. @JayCane20

Makes sense and thanks for clarifying. I still think this issue should get its own thread since it keeps coming up in every recruitment thread

Last edited:

It makes the most sense considering where our class is, but people refuse to believe it.

The real test really will be Franklin and Breland, if we’re treating the position like OL last year. If we don’t, then we definitely know the answer.

Upsetting that Ruiz was such an integral part and no one else in our lengthy list of boosters can pony up enough cash to be relevant with the big boys. Guess one crappy year will do that. Time to win.

Advertisement

Sounds like that 10 million dollar number needs to increase. Obviously it’s not my money but what was a strong NIL budget last year might not be this year. I was under the impression that our multiple billionaires would be going all out to help Mario. Maybe they are and this is an unfair post. They are spending money elsewhere. But this doesn’t sound like enough money to compensate for the Suck Tax.

There’s zero excuse not to land Franklin then. Like zero.

150k and we haven’t paid for more than 3-4 recruits in this class MAX. That’s Pennies in the grand scheme of things when you have minimal talent at DL.

Prices are very wrong or we don’t have a strong NIL.
This is my main issue……multiple people who know a lot more about how Miami operates than I do have stated that “Miami won’t overpay”………To me that means they’re either arrogant enough to think they set the market or they just don’t have it relative to the competition (which seems odd given what has been reportedly spent on other aspects).

The only thing that ultimately matters are the results and those won’t be know till December at the earliest. There is also missing context when it comes to the staff’s definition of value with players compared to the fan base and how the market shifts depending on the recruit. With that said, it’s hard not to notice current trends that are becoming legitimately concerning.

Good insight, thanks. All makes sense.

I guess I just assumed we’d have more to spend given things like our alumni, history, and “the brand.”

Seems like we’re destined to be close but no cigar in the grand scheme.

Advertisement
This is my main issue……multiple people who know a lot more about how Miami operates than I do have stated that “Miami won’t overpay”………To me that means they’re either arrogant enough to think they set the market or they just don’t have it relative to the competition (which seems odd given what has been reportedly spent on other aspects).

The only thing that ultimately matters are the results and those won’t be know till December at the earliest. There is also missing context when it comes to the staff’s definition of value with players compared to the fan base and how the market shifts depending on the recruit. With that said, it’s hard not to notice current trends that are becoming legitimately concerning.
That’s what is crazy about their approach. They vow not to overpay but waste their time chasing whales. The really need to reevaluate what type of recruits to go after.

WAIT... did it just show that he has a visit scheduled tomorrow for lsu?? ummmm lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back